[Rejected] Fast Track To BC.

.landgin

Re: Fast Track To BC.

#16 » Post by .landgin » 25 Aug 2015 20:37

Zsombee wrote:As always I can't accept Ministry's suggestion. I find it absurd, that someone even has the balls to even make a suggestion like this. I always wanted to play on a server like Primal, where you can relive the glorious 6 years, and now that I have the option to enjoy it, you can be sure as hell that would like to experience it. Those who can't enjoy full progression will eventually reroll on another server, there are no chains to hold you back. Go ahead and reroll on another server.We already had so much bullshit discussions already, Prime and the GMs are surely fed up with them. Stop these suggestions, and reroll if you can't enjoy the server they way it's you supposed to be, it will be the best for everyone. That's just my advice.

Now close this suggestion, and delete it please.
^

iamadp

#17 » Post by iamadp » 25 Aug 2015 20:50

landgin wrote:
Zsombee wrote:As always I can't accept Ministry's suggestion. I find it absurd, that someone even has the balls to even make a suggestion like this. I always wanted to play on a server like Primal, where you can relive the glorious 6 years, and now that I have the option to enjoy it, you can be sure as hell that would like to experience it. Those who can't enjoy full progression will eventually reroll on another server, there are no chains to hold you back. Go ahead and reroll on another server.We already had so much bullshit discussions already, Prime and the GMs are surely fed up with them. Stop these suggestions, and reroll if you can't enjoy the server they way it's you supposed to be, it will be the best for everyone. That's just my advice.

Now close this suggestion, and delete it please.
^

Your suggestion has to be really absurd if Zsombee has to come in and shoot it down.
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]

Ministry

#18 » Post by Ministry » 25 Aug 2015 21:10

I think for Zsombee to come and shoot a suggestion down is as simple as; make a suggestion that many people in the community support = Zsombee comes in and shoots it down.

It's ashame that the large majority of the forum participants are hardcore people on this server because a lot of the people that have suggested this (I seriously mean about 30 people) barely use this forum and I'm simply passing on a message that is coming from a large portion of our guild.

Cleofatra

#19 » Post by Cleofatra » 25 Aug 2015 21:40

"Shoot it down"... "Zsombee NElf Hunter".

I see what you did there.

.Zsombee

#20 » Post by .Zsombee » 25 Aug 2015 22:03

Ministry wrote:It's ashame that the large majority of the forum participants are hardcore people on this server.
Well, I guess we should get banned for using the forums then. Also, people are suggesting ideas like this, but they can't even come online, to support it. These are the kind of people I don't want on the server. If they want to change something, then they should upvote the suggestion and write things like "Yuus, I want dis to happen mah nigz oki m890s" 24/7, until they don't get bored of it.
Ministry wrote:I think for Zsombee to come and shoot a suggestion down is as simple as; make a suggestion that many people in the community support = Zsombee comes in and shoots it down.

Or maybe I just don't agree with something, that makes the "6 years of progression, come live it through again" thing useless. First it was making dual specs cheap, now it's fast forwarding to TBC. What's gonna be next? I'm not gonna give ideas, because there are already people for that, like your guild.

All I can say, it's better for casuals to become better players by time, than making "pros" having to use dumbed down things. See what happened to MoP and WoD, same thing could happen if you guys keep making suggestions like these rolling.

iamadp

#21 » Post by iamadp » 25 Aug 2015 22:20

Enjoy the journey, Ministry. Be thankful you have devs that listen to the playerbase. Make friends, and eliminate injustice.

Requack, out!
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]

Ministry

#22 » Post by Ministry » 25 Aug 2015 22:37

I wouldn't say letting all the hackers keep their gold and run about handing out 10k to players in Org (yes this has genuinely happened) is really eliminating injustice but I do get what you are saying.

WoW already happened, all we're trying to say is Vanilla doesn't need 2 years on this client and we are worried the server won't make it to BC if it takes 2 years as all the players that really make the server will have left by then.

Are no other guilds noticing max level players leaving the realm?

Dreadnought101

#23 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 26 Aug 2015 00:17

I agree with Ministry, Vanilla back in the old days was hard and long because the content took a long time to grind, but with the wotlk additions it makes the "Content" part of vanilla, the questing to 60 quite easy and simple. There is very little end game content, no optional reputation factions (that award mounts and cool gadgetry), there are no heroic dungeons (the dungeons that we do have at 60 become quite trivial quickly, while BC heroics were HARD as and not geared towards pugs) The end game content, theres only 1 raid (2 if you count UBRS, but that is quite short and easy) and its Molten Core.

Here is the problem with Molten Core being the only end game raid...Its to easy (besides ragnaros). Any pug raid can down almost all the bosses within a day, and heres the thing, ITS A GOOD THING for molten core, people really should experience 40 man raiding, but theres no raid afterwards that raiding guilds can take a decent amount of time to progress on....yet. I really hope when blackwing Lair comes out all the bosses are hard and it wont be 7/8 on the first day...or week...or even month O.o

Let alone the buff removals on Molten Core in 3 months will trivialize a raid even more then it is now...

Either bring out the raids faster or make them hard enough so we can enjoy them for a while
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Ministry

#24 » Post by Ministry » 26 Aug 2015 01:03

Thank you Degaris.

If a poll was made for this and advertised in game with autobroadcast you would find more would sign in favour of BC being brought out faster than those who don't want it.

sijuan

#25 » Post by sijuan » 26 Aug 2015 16:12

Ministry wrote:Alright guys, let's be honest here.

Vanilla content really isn't all that on the Wrath client. It's way too damn easy and the rewards aren't really there / class/spec irrelevance is a HUGE problem in both PvE and PvP.

My suggestion is that you fast-track the Vanilla content over the course of ONE year or even 9 months, releasing things very fast - perhaps even with a half-week raid lock so that we can get on to BC content ASAP.

BC Provides good gear for all classes and specs and will remove the irrelevance of non-healing Paladins and perhaps even the other useless specs.

I've spoken to a lot of people about this today and in all honesty, most people want BC as fast as possible now because this server is getting boring and the content just doesn't require any effort / there's no real incentive to gear.

I think a lot of what made Vanilla what it was is the sheer grind you had to put into your character. The difficulty in finding dungeon groups. The difficulty in dungeons and the hours it took to do them.

Unfortunately Vanilla content on Wrath is just too quick to go through and you're just left feeling like you've completed the game in a very short period of time.

I hope you will consider this as I honestly don't think this server is going to make it to BC if it ships content this slowly. In all honesty a lot of people don't even care about gear that much anymore because of how well you can do with dungeon gear / crafted items.
You can't really judge it while there is just one 40 men raid open. It may turn out that you are right, but I would not jump to that conclusion before I see how AQ40 and Naxx will look like here.

Billiam

#26 » Post by Billiam » 26 Aug 2015 17:56

So you guys cleared Molten Core - the first raid - which is supposed to be the easiest raid in all of vanilla - and you're asking for a fast track to BC? Dude.. I'm sorry but you are getting ahead of yourself.

I think you need to wait and see how BWL and AQ plays out before making suggestions like that. If the instances are buffed appropriately - I think you'll find your guild with plenty of time invested into the content available. Vael has potential to be a great fight if they buff it right. Chrommagus and Nef do as well.

And if fankriss / emps / C'Thun are buffed to where they need to be (or I guess where I think they should be..) guilds should be taking a long while trying to get them down.

TLDR: give it some time you antsy fucks. You literally killed rag a week ago.

.Zsombee

#27 » Post by .Zsombee » 26 Aug 2015 18:11

Billiam wrote:TLDR: give it some time you antsy fucks. You literally killed rag a week ago.
High five mah neger

Keenapal

#28 » Post by Keenapal » 26 Aug 2015 19:24

Actually I killed Rag 5 weeks ago.

And have been doing MC each week, sometimes twice for 6 weeks.

Dreadnought101

#29 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 26 Aug 2015 22:45

I dont think vanilla should be rushed, but there is a point where it is simply to long between content updates. 2 years will most likely be to long, I would like 1 1/2 years, 1 year of raid releases. BWL, AQ40, and Naxx every 4 months then give us 6 months to enjoy all the unlocked vanilla content and let new-coming players have enough time to enjoy vanilla content while its still there for a while. Lets not rush to burning crusade

Private Servers GENERALLY bring experienced players who have played world of warcraft on retail and/or on other private servers and understand the mechanics and clear content faster then what retail players could do, especially with the wotlk mechanics aiding us, its reasonable to increase the pace of raid releases, but theres a fine line between rushing it to fast and overextending content. I think 4 months for each new raid is reasonable then give 6 months at the end to enjoy Vanilla.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

iamadp

#30 » Post by iamadp » 26 Aug 2015 23:18

Keenapal wrote:Actually I killed Rag 5 weeks ago.

And have been doing MC each week, sometimes twice for 6 weeks.
Omg you've been farming MC for a little over a month? Time to beg for BC
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]