[Rejected] Create PvP server?

Drek

Re: Create PvP server?

#16 » Post by Drek » 24 Aug 2015 00:40

I dont see any point in ur argument about Blizzard.
Now, to answer ur question, we do play it because of proggresion idea, but the simple fact that all we do at 60 is get gear, raid and farm is idiotic and ppl will get bored slowly maybe but surely
I know u guys hate ganks while lvling but thats not all when we talk about pvp and maybe it can be worked around like enabling to switch to pve until lvl 58

Shave

#17 » Post by Shave » 24 Aug 2015 01:48

i agree.

shibli09

#18 » Post by shibli09 » 24 Aug 2015 02:55

Claiming that the server will decrease or increase in population is a moot point.

How about we turn this server to PvP and test it out. After 2-3 weeks if the server population doesnt increase or decreases change it back and people who left will come back to the server.

Alot of people didnt come to this server JUST because it was PvE. Alot of people came here because of the progression idea. That idea alone attracts people.

So how about we stop making statements that have no facts behind them and do an actual test.

EDIT: And im sorry, but Prime, if you actually cared about increasing the population than this test would be the most authentic indicator to what people on this server actually want instead of the 20 same people arguing over this.

This is how you see what people want, you do an actual test.

Shave

#19 » Post by Shave » 24 Aug 2015 03:14

that can work!

.juliangod14

#20 » Post by .juliangod14 » 24 Aug 2015 08:45

Im going to agree with Shib but don't do this test in the current lul we are in. Test it out with the next major content patch.

With Ony/ZG out for the PVERS
And realm change for the PVPERS to test it out for a few weeks.

Advertise it on reddit / corecraft forums and the pop will increase.

Sulik

#21 » Post by Sulik » 24 Aug 2015 10:19

Oh fer... it doesn't matter how many times Prime has said it, EVEN in the same thread... :lol:

The compromise will rise again!

Roel
Founder

#22 » Post by Roel » 24 Aug 2015 11:48

A test at this point is actually a surprisingly reasonable suggestion because population has been stable lately.

Setting it to PvP from 2 September until 16 September shouldn't do any permanent harm while doing something for the PvPers.
If we can't hit a 550 peak (10% increase) during that time then it will stay PvE and everyone will need to give up on this entire PvE vs PvP discussion.
If we hit that mark then the test will be extended. If it's clear that long-term population will benefit more with a PvP server then we will need to admit that it's better to permanently make it PvP.

During that time I would also check if the average population is actually increasing and check opinions from outside of the community to see if PvP is the real reason that population increased instead of the extra raid content.

If it would get to the point of switching to PvP then I would feel sad for those who only joined because of PvE. But if they already reached level 60 then we can only hope that the change would be less painful for them and they understand the population benefits.

Sounds reasonable enough?

Analya

#23 » Post by Analya » 24 Aug 2015 11:56

Bleh...only reason why i came here was the fact that this is the only PvE realm. I guess i will just make a pause for those 2 weeks.

Fyi, like i mentioned before to you Prime, if you want to get some pop increase, you should make an advertising strategy. Word of mouth is just not enough.
Last edited by djokich on 24 Aug 2015 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

DGProbe99

#24 » Post by DGProbe99 » 24 Aug 2015 11:58

Lets be honest here. The big reason why the server isnt really growing in pop, is because the people get to 60, get bis, then raid log. PvP isnt really fun here, and its less so in the world.
PvP on a Wotlk client is not possible to balance at 60 even somewhat. Skills in general do baseline more than they did in vanilla, and the HP is roughly the same. It will be better come TBC with the much larger HP pools of general players.

EbonTopaz

#25 » Post by EbonTopaz » 24 Aug 2015 12:01

Prime wrote:A test at this point is actually a surprisingly reasonable suggestion because population has been stable lately.

Setting it to PvP from 2 September until 16 September shouldn't do any permanent harm while doing something for the PvPers.
If we can't hit a 550 peak (10% increase) during that time then it will stay PvE and everyone will need to give up on this entire PvE vs PvP discussion.
If we hit that mark then the test will be extended. If it's clear that long-term population will benefit more with a PvP server then we will need to admit that it's better to permanently make it PvP.

During that time I would also check if the average population is actually increasing and check opinions from outside of the community to see if PvP is the real reason that population increased instead of the extra raid content.

If it would get to the point of switching to PvP then I would feel sad for those who only joined because of PvE. But if they already reached level 60 then we can only hope that the change would be less painful for them and they understand the population benefits.

You do of course realise that the significant majority of PvP fanatics will either multibox or create alt accounts en masse to try and break the 550 peak limit?

I say, either keep a very good eye on this and ban players for attempting to rig the system, or solely look at the amount of active level 60's. It's much more difficult to rig that way, like they have been attempting at every single PvP-related poll on this forum.
Last edited by Issio on 24 Aug 2015 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

iamadp

#26 » Post by iamadp » 24 Aug 2015 12:02

Prime wrote:A test at this point is actually a surprisingly reasonable suggestion because population has been stable lately.

Yes!
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]

Analya

#27 » Post by Analya » 24 Aug 2015 12:03

Basically it's just a minority of complainers that keep opening up this threads.

niovel

#28 » Post by niovel » 24 Aug 2015 12:09

If you want to run a test like that don't do it on the day you're releasing new raids. You'll find that the raids alone will increase average population (by bringing a lot of bored 60s back) so this would skew the results.

Sulik

#29 » Post by Sulik » 24 Aug 2015 12:16

Prime wrote:If we hit that mark then the test will be extended. If it's clear that long-term population will benefit more with a PvP server then we will need to admit that it's better to permanently make it PvP.
How long this potential extension will last? I'd like there is a fixed date so there isn't any false hope for returning to PvE when PvP lasts for non-specified duration (for quitting reasons).

Analya

#30 » Post by Analya » 24 Aug 2015 12:19

I really don't see how turning into PvP will help tbh since most of the people came here mostly because of the same reason, that this is a progressive PvE realm. I mean, how mental do you have to be to insist on PvP in Vanilla content where everything is unbalanced, not to mention the debuffs that you have. I think that this idea might even lead to decrease rather than increase of population.