[Rejected] Create PvP server?

Quietly

Re: Create PvP server?

#46 » Post by Quietly » 24 Aug 2015 16:20

ceh789 wrote:@Prime I strongly encourage you to do this test at another time, if you are going to proceed with it. There is absolutely no way to remove the confound of two new raids coming out the same day as you make this change. Since there is a planned 3 month window between releasing new content, I cannot think of a good reason not to put it off for, say a month, to allow the new raids to settle in before attempting to measure the impact of this test.
Agree 100%, there is bound to be a surge of interest when the new raids are released, however when you do decide to do this test please make sure the information on dates and numbers is clearly stated to all of your player base so those of us who do not want a change can plan accordingly.

Please also note that unlike previously, based on the Nostralius PvE test yesterday there WILL be an alternative server to try, it may not be progessive and thats a real shame, but it will have all the Vanilla content over time.

Q

sijuan

#47 » Post by sijuan » 24 Aug 2015 16:29

Quietly wrote:
ceh789 wrote:@Prime I strongly
Please also note that unlike previously, based on the Nostralius PvE test yesterday there WILL be an alternative server to try, it may not be progessive and thats a real shame, but it will have all the Vanilla content over time.

Q
More importantly, if you turn PrimalWoW into PvP realm, Nostalrius PvE will be only PvE solution for all those players who aren't interested in PvP.

sijuan

#48 » Post by sijuan » 24 Aug 2015 16:34

Cafecubano wrote:
Venna wrote:People are not fighting for WPvP, they are fighting for ganking lowbies in STV, learn the difference.
Could not agree more.

Zanmato

#49 » Post by Zanmato » 24 Aug 2015 16:49

sijuan wrote:
Cafecubano wrote:
Venna wrote:People are not fighting for WPvP, they are fighting for ganking lowbies in STV, learn the difference.
Could not agree more.
Can we generalize even more perhaps? Lets just go ahead and say that all those who enjoy PvP will go rampage and camp spawns on every level 1, shall we.

That's plain stupid.

You do know that, just like every group of people (and this doesnt apply only to this game, but basically every country / race / religian / whatever group you wanna pick) will have people with normal human brains, and people who are literaly idiots.

You do know that, some of the people that enjoy WPvP, enjoy it for the random skirmishes in the world while farming for consumes, or for world boss disputes, or while farming for minerals/herbs, and not everyone's dream is about camping low levels on STV.

Obviously there will be some in the group that have to fit into the idiots, so there will be ganking. Just like there's also idiots everywhere else.

Shave

#50 » Post by Shave » 24 Aug 2015 16:50

Nost is vanilla, this server is not.Nobody will leave his 60 toon only because of 2 weeks, this idea is actually good, dont be so negative, give it a try.

EbonTopaz

#51 » Post by EbonTopaz » 24 Aug 2015 16:52

Zanmato wrote:Can we generalize even more perhaps? Lets just go ahead and say that all those who enjoy PvP will go rampage and camp spawns on every level 1, shall we.

That's plain stupid.

You do know that, just like every group of people (and this doesnt apply only to this game, but basically every country / race / religian / whatever group you wanna pick) will have people with normal human brains, and people who are literaly idiots.

You do know that, some of the people that enjoy WPvP, enjoy it for the random skirmishes in the world while farming for consumes, or for world boss disputes, or while farming for minerals/herbs, and not everyone's dream is about camping low levels on STV.

Obviously there will be some in the group that have to fit into the idiots, so there will be ganking. Just like there's also idiots everywhere else.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the upcoming test will show us, whenever it will be. Because right now, whether or not those idiots are a minority or a majority in the PvP community is clearly still up for debate.

Loopylou1

#52 » Post by Loopylou1 » 24 Aug 2015 17:01

Having joined this server because it was PVE (in fact our whole guild migrated here) I'm very surprised that there has been a turnaround by Prime in what appeared to be a strong resolve in keeping it PVE.

PvP realms are ten a penny out there so what I don't understand is why do those who want to change it to PvP even roll here. I've heard the argument that this is a progressive server and they like that part of it. Well guys - it seems to me they want their cake and eat it. Do they even realise they have the ability to /enable PvP? I guess not since they keep on with this argument. If they want PvP so much why don't they arrange world PvP on set dates where the PvPer's can do what they want to do and the rest of us go about our business. I've not heard of any of these being arranged so the only conclusion I can come to, as someone else posted I believe, is - they only want the ganking side of it.

If this 'test' is to go ahead, then please, as a previous poster asked, post the date(s) to allow those of us who came here because its PvE, to look for other options.

Also would this 'test' be fairly done so that people cannot create multiple accounts, multi box etc just to pump up the numbers, would the chars created be actually levelled instead of sitting in the starter areas and last but not least, would IP addresses be tracked to ensure this is done fairly? Perhaps during this 'test' only one character per IP address be allowed for the duration of the test period.

Also from other posts, this test date will clash with release on new raid content. This will therefore not give accurate numbers.

@ Prime:

I would suggest that you stick to your guns and keep this PvE. Seems to me a lot of people would not stay if the change went ahead.
Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2015 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

Shave

#53 » Post by Shave » 24 Aug 2015 17:04

Loopy, there is no other server like this, PvP players come here cuz the server is unique, if you show them another server like this but PvP they all would leave.

Loopylou1

#54 » Post by Loopylou1 » 24 Aug 2015 17:12

Actually there was, but it got closed down due to Blizz, and yes, they had exactly the same argument on that server but it remained PvE until it closed.

Solution to this:

All those who want to PvP: /enable PvP - arrange world PvP on forums.

All those who DON'T want to PvP: /disable PvP

But this ofc won't happen because PvPer's want it all their own way.

Shave

#55 » Post by Shave » 24 Aug 2015 17:15

Its not about enable PvP, its about BGs, Arenas etc. 2's never pop, BG's are 2v2 and 3v3 .

useronly

#56 » Post by useronly » 24 Aug 2015 17:18

I don't see the point of having a two week test. It sounds great only as a means to close the PvP/PvE debate, and likely in favor of PvE, due to the perception there was 'a real opportunity' to show how a PvP server can (or can't) help the population of PrimalWow. However, even if there is a massive wave of people that would be willing to re-roll here if the server was PvP, why would a two-week test entice them to invest their time into leveling and gearing when they know that, at best, a show of support would mean further expansion of the test and, at worst, reversion back to PvE? Very few people interested in PvP will re-roll, and actually demonstrate the population benefit of PvP, when the switch is at worst temporary and at best unknown. This idea seems to me like a red herring--it's just an attempt to appease both sides when there is really only one inevitable ending.
Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2015 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

.Alexandros

#57 » Post by .Alexandros » 24 Aug 2015 17:32

I will either not play, or simply stand in IF/SW and wait for dungeon groups to queue in the RDF, while the PvP "test" is going on. If the server permanently goes PvP, I will most likely stop playing here.

Shave

#58 » Post by Shave » 24 Aug 2015 17:36

Thats whats going on right now, ppl sit in main cities waiting for RDF and 1 raid /week.

sijuan

#59 » Post by sijuan » 24 Aug 2015 17:51

Alexandros wrote:I will either not play, or simply stand in IF/SW and wait for dungeon groups to queue in the RDF, while the PvP "test" is going on. If the server permanently goes PvP, I will most likely stop playing here.
Indeed.

And to underline this, lets just look into one fact.

PrimalWoW started as PvE realm. Just contemplate for a minute on this: Why did you come here in the first place if it was for PvP? I won't use words to describe those guys who did just that but you can come to a conclusion for your self.

duskypotates

#60 » Post by duskypotates » 24 Aug 2015 17:57

The notion that making this realm PVP will increase population is flawed. The problems and the things turning prospective players off are more about BG's not popping enough, and the fact that everything is cross faction, which are the result of the population being low in the first place. BG's aren't going to become more frequent by making the realm PVP, it will only become more frequent if the population grows, which has less to do with whether the realm is PVP or PVE than everyone seems to think. It has more to do with whether we have a stable and good sized population in the first place. Making the realm PVP isn't in itself much of an incentive to join, because every private server is PVP. You know why everyone plays on Nost? It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a PVP server and everything to do with the fact that the population is huge.

Furthermore, the only real difference between PVE and PVP servers is ganking. You can still do BG's and raid enemy cities and relive the glory days of vanilla in PVE realms. You just can't gank lowbies like a douche.