[Rejected] Create PvP server?

Drek

Re: Create PvP server?

#106 » Post by Drek » 26 Aug 2015 01:38

I must admit that i dont know if making server pvp will get the population going. I just know that the server needs more activity either in bg, wpvp or anything that will allow me not to just farm on lvl 60.
U actually dont have to make server pvp, try some suggestions from the forums or think about another way. The population in numbers is actually not a problem, its just that the population that actually doesnt hate pvp, hates it on this server cuz its actually not the pvp they queue for, that simply means that ppl dont play pvp, and that makes it immposible to organise anything except pve raids.

Cleofatra

#107 » Post by Cleofatra » 26 Aug 2015 06:44

We had a 7v7 WSG and AB going today, pvp has its moments! :) Thx all for fun games today.

Leadballoon

#108 » Post by Leadballoon » 26 Aug 2015 08:38

If you go ahead with this you'll see a bump in population before the trial as griefers roll on this server and get to max level. Once it starts the buzz will get out that I it's great sport to come and drink carebear tears on a PvE server. After they get bored you'll be left with the original population minus whoever's moved to the upcoming PvE server.

Analya

#109 » Post by Analya » 26 Aug 2015 09:32

I really believe that community will just go downwards like on all other PvP realms. That's the biggest reason i left them (even some BiS geared chars). I just think that this will only backfire but let's see.

.mikespad

#110 » Post by .mikespad » 26 Aug 2015 09:38

I don't see what people enjoy in a PvP realm. The fact that they can gang low levels? For me it just makes the whole leveling experience a pain. I don't understand why someone whould prefer the chaotic experience of world PvP instead of battlegrounds and arenas.
But if it brings population to the server, then I will accept it. I just hope the PvP population won't mostly be 12 year old kids...
TrueWoW is PvP and it doesn't have a large population. There is a large Vanilla server, Nostalrius, who are opening a PvE server because players demanded this.
I think more effort should be put into uniting TrueWoW and PrimalWoW under the same realmlist so that we can all vote for the same server. This will most likely increase population.

Bobins

#111 » Post by Bobins » 26 Aug 2015 10:55

This news is already fragmenting our guild. Some are downloading new clients for nost something or other, some are just dropping their accounts for other games, some are taking break over the pvp trial period. So my chances of raiding within the guild when I hit 60 (in a few days) are poor.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, a two week trial may not be long enough. If you want to disregard your current playerbase and start afresh, you would need to have it running as pvp for the same amount of time as its been running as a PvE server to compare it. Which is what you appear to be doing.

I still haven't seen anyone flagged for pvp, so where are these pvpers? Hiding in BGs? They do realise they'll be perma flagged once this hits, right?

asilay1

#112 » Post by asilay1 » 26 Aug 2015 10:57

Analya wrote:I really believe that community will just go downwards like on all other PvP realms. That's the biggest reason i left them (even some BiS geared chars). I just think that this will only backfire but let's see.
That's like the fourth or fifth post you've made stating exactly the same thing. We get it, you don't like the server to be PvP.
I just want the server to grow because I love the idea and the only server where /pvp annoys me is Nostalrius because there are just too many people.

The server won't last with this population, people are now already just raidlogging... and that's not really fun. Plus you barely have to be in contested zones with RDF (when there are more people faster queue's).

I'd say we atleast try this. If it doesn't help the server population just swap over to PvE again. Anyway like any private server, no marketing = dead server.

.Enderos

#113 » Post by .Enderos » 26 Aug 2015 11:15

asilay1 wrote:I just want the server to grow because I love the idea and the only server where /pvp annoys me is Nostalrius because there are just too many people.
Interesting concept that we are somehow constrained by your own skewed concept of 'more pvp' and 'too much'. It's not enough that you complain when it doesn't happen, you're now going to bellyache when there is too much?

I ask not because I think it will add to the conversation, but because you felt the need to harp on Analya for speaking up and I wanted to demonstrate how tedious your own version of 'I want, I want' is.

That's all for the nonce.

.mikespad

#114 » Post by .mikespad » 26 Aug 2015 11:52

It's worrying that in the pursuit of growing the community, this topic has only achieved to divide it.
Like I said above, while I prefer PvE, if PvP will mean more players on the realm, I'm up for it. But if this will decrease the quality of the community then I prefer not to go PvP.
Quality > Quantity

Gnoworries

#115 » Post by Gnoworries » 26 Aug 2015 12:28

Do you know what? I'm sick to death of the pro PVPers whinging and whining and stamping their feet like spoiled little brats, until they get their own way.

Just the fact that Prime has capitulated and has agreed to a PVP trial, after stating categorically that the server will remain PVE, is enough to show me where this server is headed. So there is really not much point in wasting my time leveling toons here, when the signs are that the admin are so easily be swayed by the constant bleating of the knuckle draggers.

Let's face it, PVP realms are for one purpose only, to harass lowbies whilst they level. These brave gankers will camp FP's and heroically murder any who went to make a cuppa and are afk when they land. That's a favourite tactic of these gallant chest beaters.

I can tell you that the majority of my guild will leave if the server does switch to PVP. In fact many are so fed up with this PVP nonsense, that they are already setting up new accounts on the highest listed PVE server. in fact it's #1 on some lists.

In my case, there are two reasons I'm here. 1. The Guild I am in that are 99% pro PVE. 2. That the server is PVE, which is why my guildies joined this server in the first place when our last (PVE) server was hit with a cease and desist.

In my case, I also have an account on Excalibur which I have effectively shelved to play here on Primal. Why did I roll on Excalibur when it's a PVP server? Because I couldn't find a PVE server, they are as rare as rocking horse pooh. Which makes this server quite unique as it is now. In fact it's one of a kind and you PVPer's want to spoil that.

My Excalibur account has quite a few level 70's, Epic ground mounts, Epic flying mounts, Lot's of epic gear, Lot's of gold etc. etc. So there is not much point in remaining with Primal if it does go down the PVP route, as most of my Guild will have left by then. I would be much better off going back to Excalibur where I have already done the leveling grind with 7 or 8 toons.

My prediction.... Primal switch to a PVP server = MASS EXODUS.

PVP servers are 10 a penny, this will be just another one. The top PVP servers already have their loyal population who have already done the grind so why would they leave their current servers to join Primal and start again?

I really don't know what to do for the best. I, like so many here on Primal have invested a lot of time here, yet I am reluctant to waste any more if things are going to change? I don't even feel like logging on to be honest cause I think I know where this is headed.

Well done neanderthals. I think you already achieved your purpose to a large extent and have disrupted what was a really happy and harmonious vibe.

.landgin

#116 » Post by .landgin » 26 Aug 2015 13:34

:lol:
Gnoworries wrote:Do you know what? I'm sick to death of the pro PVPers whinging and whining and stamping their feet like spoiled little brats, until they get their own way.

Just the fact that Prime has capitulated and has agreed to a PVP trial, after stating categorically that the server will remain PVE, is enough to show me where this server is headed. So there is really not much point in wasting my time leveling toons here, when the signs are that the admin are so easily be swayed by the constant bleating of the knuckle draggers.

Let's face it, PVP realms are for one purpose only, to harass lowbies whilst they level. These brave gankers will camp FP's and heroically murder any who went to make a cuppa and are afk when they land. That's a favourite tactic of these gallant chest beaters.

I can tell you that the majority of my guild will leave if the server does switch to PVP. In fact many are so fed up with this PVP nonsense, that they are already setting up new accounts on the highest listed PVE server. in fact it's #1 on some lists.

In my case, there are two reasons I'm here. 1. The Guild I am in that are 99% pro PVE. 2. That the server is PVE, which is why my guildies joined this server in the first place when our last (PVE) server was hit with a cease and desist.

In my case, I also have an account on Excalibur which I have effectively shelved to play here on Primal. Why did I roll on Excalibur when it's a PVP server? Because I couldn't find a PVE server, they are as rare as rocking horse pooh. Which makes this server quite unique as it is now. In fact it's one of a kind and you PVPer's want to spoil that.

My Excalibur account has quite a few level 70's, Epic ground mounts, Epic flying mounts, Lot's of epic gear, Lot's of gold etc. etc. So there is not much point in remaining with Primal if it does go down the PVP route, as most of my Guild will have left by then. I would be much better off going back to Excalibur where I have already done the leveling grind with 7 or 8 toons.

PVP servers are 10 a penny, this will be just another one. The top PVP servers already have their loyal population who have already done the grind so why would they leave their current servers to join Primal and start again?

I really don't know what to do for the best. I, like so many here on Primal have invested a lot of time here, yet I am reluctant to waste any more if things are going to change? I don't even feel like logging on to be honest cause I think I know where this is headed.

Well done neanderthals. I think you already achieved your purpose to a large extent and have disrupted what was a really happy and harmonious vibe.

This..

I wish prime would grow a back bone, instead of trying to cater to the 10 people wanting to wpvp. Your also correct it's only to harass other players. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. And probably themselves.

But GMs here are why I only raid log. I like prime, but quit being Santa Claus

Analya

#117 » Post by Analya » 26 Aug 2015 13:41

Gnoworries wrote:Do you know what? I'm sick to death of the pro PVPers whinging and whining and stamping their feet like spoiled little brats, until they get their own way.

Basically this. *clap*
I really hope that Prime will read this

Trmpah

#118 » Post by Trmpah » 26 Aug 2015 14:00

Despite the PvE ruleset being the main reason for me quitting the server after being 60 for a month or two (none of my rl buddies wanted to roll on a server where there would be no world pvp while leveling, and no world pvp on isle of quel'danas in TBC) I strongly believe that Prime should stick with the server being PvE, to cather to the players playing on the server now.

If PrimalWoW want to lure in the players that seek a wpvp enviroment/community, I think it would be better to either have custom wpvp events like 24/12/4/whatever hours of zonewide /pvp in <random zone> at GM/dev/community decided dates, or openening a secondary server running after the same progression system as PrimalWoW, but with a PvP ruleset.

I think it would do the server for the worse to change the ruleset now.

Not playing here at the moment, but still following the project and how things are going on here from time to time.

/Bubblegum

Bobins

#119 » Post by Bobins » 26 Aug 2015 14:08

Like I said already, once this goes pvp, they are up against some stiff competition. The two pvp servers I come from crap all over this one, as do the pvpers there. These guys won't even use /pvp. Where are these guys? Why wait for the trail? Get your asses into EPL and flag. I don't mind what you do, but if I lose the guild I'm in, whether you go pvp or not, I'll be off back to Atlantiss, as I only came here for the guild anyway.

I am beginning to think that the only reason for this pvp request is because that some think that this server is full of useless pvpers, as it's pve orientated. And they can run around spanking players for the fun of making their life a misery.

I have had some epic pvp battles in Mount Hyjal, The Dark Portal and beyond. Making this pvp will only create pvp in Silithus and EPL. But once that portal opens and everyone goes through...

The staff running this project dont appear to know what they're doing, but that's their call. If it were me and this server goes pvp, I would make everyone start from level 1 again, so that the 60's requesting this get to "appreciate" leveling in contested areas.

.djgoku76

#120 » Post by .djgoku76 » 26 Aug 2015 14:38

I understand the reason for the push to add world PvP to Primal WoW. And, I would like to see a higher population on this server. It's one of the best concepts I have sene in a long time playing on private servers. My biggest concern as a player with that is high level players ganking low level player who are simply just questing along, minding their own business. I have seen that far too many times on other private servers, which was a driving force behind me moving from server to server. Will there be some kind of punishment dealt to people who abuse the system if they are found attacking low level players on purpose?