[Rejected] Create PvP server?

.Abcynia

Re: Create PvP server?

#61 » Post by .Abcynia » 24 Aug 2015 18:31

Alexandros wrote:I will either not play, or simply stand in IF/SW and wait for dungeon groups to queue in the RDF, while the PvP "test" is going on. If the server permanently goes PvP, I will most likely stop playing here.
Pretty much sums it up. I will avoid the server while the "test" is happening, as all PvE'ers should since they are trying to measure how the server would be if it changed to PvP. If ones intention is to leave the server if changes, then we shouldn't be counted in the census during that test.
--Stella--

Tweaker

#62 » Post by Tweaker » 24 Aug 2015 18:39

Most pve'rs aren't lvl 60 anyways I wouldn't care if you left. Generally just people leveling that complain in world chat always around lvl 10-40 and never hit 60.
Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2015 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

manoroar

#63 » Post by manoroar » 24 Aug 2015 18:41

An artists rendition of the 6 people who'd actually leave the server on principle if it went pvp.

.Alexandros

#64 » Post by .Alexandros » 24 Aug 2015 18:46

I"m the purple one on the left.

manoroar

#65 » Post by manoroar » 24 Aug 2015 18:50

At least you picked the cute one.

ice4keep

#66 » Post by ice4keep » 24 Aug 2015 19:11

Inb4r test backfires and loses more people.

Cleofatra

#67 » Post by Cleofatra » 24 Aug 2015 19:22

Why did you come here if server was PvE?
Unique concept and happens to be PvE, vanilla to wotlk progression on wotlk client.

Why don't you just flag PvP?
The flag doesn't work properly, you often have to babysit the flag when you zone in/fly/etc. World pvp being disabled for some and enabled for some allows stupid things to happen like Mind Controlling tanks in Thrall room, Azuregoes, etc. Makes strange pvp scenarios if at all.

Go somewhere else if you want PvP (nost)
See answer to #1.

You just wanna gank lowbies!
No.... as many have pointed out we enjoy the fights over World Bosses, Silithus gank squads during AQ event, random encounters when questing/gathering in same location. That dick who camps flightpath in STV? Yea everyone knows he's a dick, we will rescue you if that happens. Also how often do you think this would happen realistically? It's frustrating when it happens but yes, go make some food, play alt, ask for help, come back in 15 minutes, etc, etc. and he's gone.

.Deathix

#68 » Post by .Deathix » 24 Aug 2015 19:27

Prime wrote:A test at this point is actually a surprisingly reasonable suggestion because population has been stable lately.

Setting it to PvP from 2 September until 16 September shouldn't do any permanent harm while doing something for the PvPers.
If we can't hit a 550 peak (10% increase) during that time then it will stay PvE and everyone will need to give up on this entire PvE vs PvP discussion.
If we hit that mark then the test will be extended. If it's clear that long-term population will benefit more with a PvP server then we will need to admit that it's better to permanently make it PvP.

During that time I would also check if the average population is actually increasing and check opinions from outside of the community to see if PvP is the real reason that population increased instead of the extra raid content.

If it would get to the point of switching to PvP then I would feel sad for those who only joined because of PvE. But if they already reached level 60 then we can only hope that the change would be less painful for them and they understand the population benefits.

Sounds reasonable enough?
I dont think PvPers could ask for anything more than this.

.Deathix

#69 » Post by .Deathix » 24 Aug 2015 19:30

Cleofatra wrote:Why did you come here if server was PvE?
Unique concept and happens to be PvE, vanilla to wotlk progression on wotlk client.

Why don't you just flag PvP?
The flag doesn't work properly, you often have to babysit the flag when you zone in/fly/etc. World pvp being disabled for some and enabled for some allows stupid things to happen like Mind Controlling tanks in Thrall room, Azuregoes, etc. Makes strange pvp scenarios if at all.

Go somewhere else if you want PvP (nost)
See answer to #1.

You just wanna gank lowbies!
No.... as many have pointed out we enjoy the fights over World Bosses, Silithus gank squads during AQ event, random encounters when questing/gathering in same location. That dick who camps flightpath in STV? Yea everyone knows he's a dick, we will rescue you if that happens. Also how often do you think this would happen realistically? It's frustrating when it happens but yes, go make some food, play alt, ask for help, come back in 15 minutes, etc, etc. and he's gone.
I agree, with everything you say here. There's a lot more to PvP servers then just ganking.

Relevant

#70 » Post by Relevant » 24 Aug 2015 19:32

Prime wrote:A test at this point is actually a surprisingly reasonable suggestion because population has been stable lately.

Setting it to PvP from 2 September until 16 September shouldn't do any permanent harm while doing something for the PvPers.
If we can't hit a 550 peak (10% increase) during that time then it will stay PvE and everyone will need to give up on this entire PvE vs PvP discussion.
If we hit that mark then the test will be extended. If it's clear that long-term population will benefit more with a PvP server then we will need to admit that it's better to permanently make it PvP.

During that time I would also check if the average population is actually increasing and check opinions from outside of the community to see if PvP is the real reason that population increased instead of the extra raid content.

If it would get to the point of switching to PvP then I would feel sad for those who only joined because of PvE. But if they already reached level 60 then we can only hope that the change would be less painful for them and they understand the population benefits.

Sounds reasonable enough?
I'm a PvE'r and I approve this message :tick:

Deathix wrote:There's a lot more to PvP servers then just ganking.
I strongly disagree with this... BUT, I would like to see the population increase. If we need to go pvp for it, so be it.

.Deathix

#71 » Post by .Deathix » 24 Aug 2015 19:40

Relevant wrote:
Deathix wrote:There's a lot more to PvP servers then just ganking.
I strongly disagree with this... BUT, I would like to see the population increase. If we need to go pvp for it, so be it.
:tick:

Evilor

#72 » Post by Evilor » 24 Aug 2015 20:03

"My friends from other server would totally play here if this was pvp!"
Oh really, they would just abandon their max levels and all work they've done in that server to come start a fresh? Chances of that happening are small. You get attached to those pixels. Same reason why retail Wow is still going strong.
I’ve seen Chronicles of Narnia, I KNOW what a Blitzkrieg is.

Antidote, Shadow Priest of <Mystic>
Ultranumb, Hunter

Ministry

#73 » Post by Ministry » 24 Aug 2015 20:12

Prime wrote: Setting it to PvP from 2 September until 16 September shouldn't do any permanent harm while doing something for the PvPers.
Actually Prime that is nowhere near long enough. You need to make it at least one month, if not a month and a half test period to see if it increases your server. What makes you think people will join a server just because it's gonna have pvp for 2 weeks? Most people that join because of it won't even play long enough to reach max level / gear and enjoy any pvp content.

2 weeks creates no incentive for people to come here. All this would be is a glorified wpvp event for existing players.

Make it at least a whole month or it will accomplish nothing.

Note - ALL of <Ministry> supports PvP (At least 60-70 active members / 50 active max level players).

.majstorfanta

#74 » Post by .majstorfanta » 24 Aug 2015 20:17

I think if it is presented to everyone as a deal breaker if this server is going to be pvp or pve, that would be enough of incentive for anyone that ever wanted to play here but didnt because of pve

.landgin

#75 » Post by .landgin » 24 Aug 2015 20:25

I have a great solution to this that noone knows about!!!!! /PVP -end of discussion.