[Rejected] PvP vs. PvE - Poll To End Polls

PvE vs. PvP dilemma. Check all options that you would be ok with being implemented.

Only PvE. I want the server to stay pure PvE and people can flag themselves if they want to participate in World PvP.
37%
Only PvP. I want the server to become a PvP server and all that entails (World PvP in contested zones, and flagged combat in faction zones).
22%
I want specific high level zones to become PvP zones.
15%
I want an option on character/account creation to perma-flag my character as PvP or PvE.
24%
I have no opinion on the matter. Whatever change is made I will be fine with.
2%

Total votes: 41

Cleofatra

[Rejected] PvP vs. PvE - Poll To End Polls

#1 » Post by Cleofatra » 06 Aug 2015 17:09

First of all, I apologize for making yet another post on this topic but I feel there needs to be a 'master poll' that actually includes all of the options that have been suggested. Please limit discussion to other threads and use this one for voting to keep the thread clear of flames and bickering.

Thanks,
Cleo

.landgin

Re: PvP vs. PvE - Poll To End Polls

#2 » Post by .landgin » 06 Aug 2015 17:13

I do believe someone made several alt accounts to push the poll numbers up on the other forum. It went from 36 to 49 in about an hour. Please, just /pvp if you want to pvp. Dont force it on other people who enjoy the pve realm and mechanics.

Zimranf2AU

#3 » Post by Zimranf2AU » 06 Aug 2015 17:36

landgin wrote:I do believe someone made several alt accounts to push the poll numbers up on the other forum. It went from 36 to 49 in about an hour. Please, just /pvp if you want to pvp. Dont force it on other people who enjoy the pve realm and mechanics.
Yeah, they're called "sockpuppets" and there was even mention of certain mail domains being banned because of it resulting in a few false positives. They must really have a low opinion of the staff members intelligence to think that this would help their cause in any way.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not talking about this poll but about the one with the super long thread.

.doctorwho

#4 » Post by .doctorwho » 06 Aug 2015 17:38

I was kind of hoping this really was a poll to end polls...

Cleofatra

#5 » Post by Cleofatra » 06 Aug 2015 17:44

doctorwho wrote:I was kind of hoping this really was a poll to end polls...
LOL sorry yea the title is misleading :p

iamadp

#6 » Post by iamadp » 06 Aug 2015 17:51

why dont u just have 2 catagories, pve vs pvp?

this polls been rehashed like 5 times now
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]

ceh789
Donor

#7 » Post by ceh789 » 06 Aug 2015 18:20

doctorwho wrote:I was kind of hoping this really was a poll to end polls...
I cannot find this option in the poll. I am 100% behind ending polls.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

useronly

#8 » Post by useronly » 06 Aug 2015 18:24

Yeah, this is a terrible poll. As can be gleaned from the prior poll, you can't have selections that may or may not be interpreted to encapsulate a portion of the feelings of those that make other selections (i.e. PvP across all zones/PvP in some high level zones is read by some to be one in the same [pvp!] and others as two different selections entirely). There needs to be up to two polls. The first being: No PvP, remain PvE or Some form of PvP. If Some Form of PvP wins, then you make a subsequent poll that breaks that down: PvP across all contested zones, PvP across all high-level contested zones, ability to perma-flag, etc. Prior to determining how PvP will be implemented, you first need to establish that there is a clear majority that is in favor of PvP in some sense. If that doesn't exist, there's no reason to determine how PvP should be implemented, and any polls that try to determine all the issues at once are subject to inconsistencies in quantifying the results (see first poll, where 3 categories were the basis for disputes).

Cleofatra

#9 » Post by Cleofatra » 06 Aug 2015 18:37

There was a poll for PvP or no PvP and the end result was that people are in favor of "some" pvp being enabled. It wasn't a huge majority but it existed.

The purpose of this poll is to allow players to indicate all options they are ok with having implemented to see which option has the most support. This poll includes options that were not included and may have not been considered in more simplistic polls.
Also this poll allows players to simply indicate what they are "ok" with. As in they may not have a strong preference one way or the other and is more helpful to the devs in deciding what should ultimately be done.

useronly

#10 » Post by useronly » 06 Aug 2015 18:53

Sure, I agree with you that the poll clearly implied a preference for "some sort" of PvP. However, go through the replies and there are a solid number of people who disagree with you and I. Some treat the "compromise" option as an entirely separate selection that doesn't specifically denote favoritism for PvP. And that's my point--to have a proper poll, without the immediate counterarguments about how X choice should be quantified, you have to make the first poll clear--do you favor PvP on some level? If majority wins, then you go to your poll, but without the option to argue over the underlying PvP/PvE matter--that must be settled first. Your poll does not do that, as it has a variety of choices for how to handle PvP, choices that don't pertain to any decision making, and then the original PvE v PvP matter. It's too convoluted, and the results will be meaningless because there will be arguments as to what selection counts for what, just like in the poll you are talking about.

Cleofatra

#11 » Post by Cleofatra » 06 Aug 2015 19:14

Why would people have voted for PvP in some zones if they didn't favor some form of PvP? Wouldn't they have voted for the PvE option? That argument makes no sense to me.

ceh789
Donor

#12 » Post by ceh789 » 06 Aug 2015 19:18

Cleofatra wrote:Why would people have voted for PvP in some zones if they didn't favor some form of PvP? Wouldn't they have voted for the PvE option? That argument makes no sense to me.
In the name of compromise, I guess is what seems likely.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

useronly

#13 » Post by useronly » 06 Aug 2015 19:39

Cleofatra wrote:Why would people have voted for PvP in some zones if they didn't favor some form of PvP? Wouldn't they have voted for the PvE option? That argument makes no sense to me.
The argument doesn't have to make sense to you in order to have some bearing on the overall discussion. To some people, it made sense (e.g. if only the PvP and PvE options were presented, the compromise option would not have chosen full blown PvP, and thus they are more aligned with PvE, and thus majority would prefer PvE over PvP). That's just looking at it from the opposite perspective, which, in my opinion, is wrong, but nonetheless is ammunition to perpetuate the debate.

To have a poll that even comes close to being definitive, you have to resolve the argument in stages, and not try to do it all at once. Only when it is clear, without any argument that suggests there was a bias in quantification or interpretation of results, will the Devs even consider using the results. The poll above just offers nothing to the continuing debate. It again dilutes the responses by providing various options that then run into the same problem of interpretation. Moreover, if the initial poll clearly evinced preference for PvP in some form, why include an option that restarts that debate? The form of poll is important, that's my only point. The form above is lacking.

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 06 Aug 2015 23:36

http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 32#p176432
Prime wrote:All PvE vs PvP topics have been closed and so will any new topics with the same goal. Everything worth saying was already said a dozen of times. More arguing only gives people the impression of a toxic community and does more harm than good. If you care about the server please try to learn when it's time to a drop a discussion and try to not get triggered so easily by what other people say on future discussions. Just ignore and don't reply on such posts, it only creates an immature chain reaction. I know this is an impossible request but worth it if at least one person will try.

To summarize: The realm will stay PvE. The only thing we might consider in some way is this, as it seems the best compromise that wouldn't affect anyone who doesn't agree with it. Obviously only if we can implement it in a good way and it's definitely not high priority.

P.S. Sorry for the rant. This should have been done sooner but it takes something to test my patience.