[Rejected] An actual World PvP Compromise.

Should a PvP zone be implemented to satisfy PvP/PvE population ?

Yes, Implement a feature like this after further discussion and refinement.
42%
No, I do not want a feature like this implemented.
58%

Total votes: 43

shibli09

Re: An actual World PvP Compromise.

#16 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 01:09

Prime wrote:We indeed want to stay blizzlike, those fun servers are for features like this. Obviously we will consider such suggestions if there is a lot of demand from our community and there is a way that doesn't affect other players. But it means it won't be easy to push this suggestion to accepted status.
I feel like it doesn't matter how good of an idea this is, it will get rejected by all the PvE-ers because they are so heated from previous discussions and tired of the PvP discussion they are just shut off completely to any suggestions. Just look at some of the replies I've gotten so far where some people have not even read what I said. They are just commenting without even reading a single damn thing or understanding what ever I am trying to suggest.

There is literally NO negative impact of this on the server for anyone who wants to PvE. It can be put in shattrath so its not even possible for people to get stuck in the middle of it. This affects the game for PvE-ers no less than vanity items do. This would just be another way to increase your donations and revenue stream. There are only benefits for both sides.

Changing the server from PvE to PvP is like debating the abortion subject, where its totally taboo and BOTH sides have valid arguements.

But the implementation of what I am suggestiong is like debating legalizing gay marriage or marijuana. It literally does not affect heterosexuals or non pot smokers. It has no negative effect on the people against it, where as those who are for it gain benefits and it would increase revenue.

This suggestion is such a win-win situation for you the Devs, the PvP-ers and the PvE-ers

I mean is it not worth the investment of time to implement this for the the possible increase of population and donation revenue ?

shibli09

#17 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 01:14

Vesimies wrote:
shibli09 wrote: Clearly you did not read anything I said in my post. Don't make a comment if you did not read what I even posted.

I addressed this problem. There is not a big enough population to spur world pvp and there is never anyone out in the world because of RDF. Enabling world pvp or /pvp does absolutely nothing because there is no one even there to pvp with. No joke I am lucky to see 1 or 2 people out in the world while I'm grinding or farming. Most of the time it is my own faction.

That's why I'm saying to funnel everyone into a smaller zone. There is ZERO down side or impact to the people who PvE and it would benefit those who PvE because the server stays the same, the population increases, and donations increase. Allowing the devs to push out more content at higher quality for YOU.
what about BGs, I think there re 3 types of them, isnt it a smaller zone ? same with arenas. As someone wrote already, you can make an event. If you re marked as PVP, it depends only on players where they will fight. You have whole world to find a place where PVP players can meet. If there can be duel zone before Ogrimmar or Stormwind, Im sure you can find great place for world pvp too, its up on you. Dont be lazy and dont ask for something you can make as you wish. With Pvp mark and imagination, with a little willingness all pvp players can get what they want. But they re too lazy to create something own, you will rather cry. How many zones, places you know ? Take one for PVP, you dont need GM or Developer for it, Just Mark your ass and meet there :)
Again you didn't read the thread because I already addressed this issue. I am copy/pasting what I said to make it easier for you to find.

The reason why this can't be a player driven thing is because it can be difficult to organize and maintain. Think of it like this, if you are trying to get everyone to the mall you gotta hike through the forest, people get lost, lose interest, or take too long. Where as the city comes in and lays down some pavement for a highway. Its clear how to get there, more people will use it because there isn't such a large barrier and the city makes money because more people are getting to the mall and making money. PvP-ers will see this constructed highway, come to our server, and donate money hopefully to help server progression for PvE-ers.

.doctorwho

#18 » Post by .doctorwho » 05 Aug 2015 01:15

shibli09 wrote:THERE ARE NO OTHER SERVERS LIKE THIS,
A claim that can be made by virtually every private server out there. Nearly all of them have something that makes them unque from all the others.

shibli09

#19 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 01:18

I have yet to see A SINGLE PERSON give a single negative impact this has to the PvE-ers on this server.

All I see is people bringing in the World PvP arguement and just /pvp arguement into this when it has nothing to do with this, I literally explained why world pvp is bad in my original topic but people are using the world pvp bad arugement in here when I am agreeing with you on it.

TELL ME A NEGATIVE IMPACT THIS HAS ON YOU.

shibli09

#20 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 01:19

doctorwho wrote:
shibli09 wrote:THERE ARE NO OTHER SERVERS LIKE THIS,
A claim that can be made by virtually every private server out there. Nearly all of them have something that makes them unque from all the others.
Not True, I have seen servers that are near identical to each other or have small differences that make them different.

This server is drastically different from anything I have ever seen in the last 8 years of playing on private servers.

EDIT: Also lets stay on topic on the discussion at hand, this has nothing to do with the purpose of the topic.

Vesimies

#21 » Post by Vesimies » 05 Aug 2015 01:23

shibli09 wrote:
Again you didn't read the thread because I already addressed this issue. I am copy/pasting what I said to make it easier for you to find.

The reason why this can't be a player driven thing is because it can be difficult to organize and maintain. Think of it like this, if you are trying to get everyone to the mall you gotta hike through the forest, people get lost, lose interest, or take too long. Where as the city comes in and lays down some pavement for a highway. Its clear how to get there, more people will use it because there isn't such a large barrier and the city makes money because more people are getting to the mall and making money. PvP-ers will see this constructed highway, come to our server, and donate money hopefully to help server progression for PvE-ers.
ok .. I get it, its not about PVP. Its about im lazy to travel to any zone where I can meet other PVP marked players. I need portal from capital to special zone where PVP will be " active " . Excellent idea ! It will save a lot time.
You dont need organize, Just make an unwritten rule, if you want world PVP, go to this zone or be near this place. Thats all you need, tell to plaers where they can meet. You can call it illegal PVP if you want ... PVE player wont care, because they dont have mark.

shibli09

#22 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 01:26

Vesimies wrote:
shibli09 wrote:

ok .. I get it, its not about PVP. Its about im lazy to travel to any zone where I can meet other PVP marked players. I need portal from capital to special zone where PVP will be " active " . Excellent idea ! It will save a lot time.
You dont need organize, Just make an unwritten rule, if you want world PVP, go to this zone or be near this place. Thats all you need, tell to plaers where they can meet. You can call it illegal PVP if you want ... PVE player wont care, because they dont have mark.
So then why don't we disable RDF? So dungeons is about Im lazy to trave to any dungeon where I can dungeon with other players? I need a button to teleport me to a dungeon where it will be active!

How about you tell me how this idea will impact you negatively. You have not even addressed that. So you don't care if we World PvP, but you are totally against something that will spur PvP and can be a fun mechanic that brings other people to the server?

Vesimies

#23 » Post by Vesimies » 05 Aug 2015 01:34

shibli09 wrote:
So then why don't we disable RDF? So dungeons is about Im lazy to trave to any dungeon where I can dungeon with other players? I need a button to teleport me to a dungeon where it will be active!

How about you tell me how this idea will impact you negatively. You have not even addressed that. So you don't care if we World PvP, but you are totally against something that will spur PvP and can be a fun mechanic that brings other people to the server?
If you want or if you need a button to teleport in PVP, you can use quee for Bgs / arena, there is your button ;-)
And no, you dont need a button for PVE... instance like UBRS, MC, world bosses or premade group for dungeons if you got deserter buff.
If PVE players can move to zone where they want to do they like, I dont see any reason why PVP players cant do same :)

shibli09

#24 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 01:44

Vesimies wrote:
shibli09 wrote:

If you want or if you need a button to teleport in PVP, you can use quee for Bgs / arena, there is your button ;-)
And no, you dont need a button for PVE... instance like UBRS, MC, world bosses or premade group for dungeons if you got deserter buff.
If PVE players can move to zone where they want to do they like, I dont see any reason why PVP players cant do same :)
You are still completely missing the point. We do not have a big enough population for constant BG/Arena Q's because this is a PvE server. Putting in a mechanic like this could increase population if it gives PvP-ers a purpose to roll on this server.

You have yet to address any thing I have asked you, you keep trying to make points that make no sense or are easily debateable. TELL ME HOW THIS NEGATIVELY EFFECTS YOU IN PVE. You are ignoring it because you can not. You are literally shitting on a suggestion that would benefit you and you don't even realize it.

ceh789
Donor

#25 » Post by ceh789 » 05 Aug 2015 01:54

I don't particularly care if people convene at the DM arena for PvP; I wouldn't object to a static portal like the one we have for the Blasted Lands being put up to encourage the PvP community to convene there. I really don't think this is "an actual world PvP compromise" that will end the campaign to change the server rule set though, it's really more of a custom BG.

There are a few downsides/negative impats I can think of to put something like this in as a server feature:
* PrimalWoW will inarguably be labelled a "custom" or even a "fun" server in the private server community.
* Creating a queueing or teleporting function, custom gear/vendors and a special rez timer/functionality would suck up a significant amount of developer time.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Vesimies

#26 » Post by Vesimies » 05 Aug 2015 01:59

shibli09 wrote:
You are still completely missing the point. We do not have a big enough population for constant BG/Arena Q's because this is a PvE server. Putting in a mechanic like this could increase population if it gives PvP-ers a purpose to roll on this server.

You have yet to address any thing I have asked you, you keep trying to make points that make no sense or are easily debateable. TELL ME HOW THIS NEGATIVELY EFFECTS YOU IN PVE. You are ignoring it because you can not. You are literally shitting on a suggestion that would benefit you and you don't even realize it.
I can ask you same. Tell me how negatively effects you, if you and other PVP players will meet at specific place / zone. Its same, Ok you wont have special portal there,
About constant bgs, I dont know how you, but most of the time im in quee, im getting insta wsg. For arena, well .. different between arena set and honor set is like +1 stat.. coool, none will do arena for one more hp or intellect. Mby in later sesone, when design and stats will be more different.

well about how negatively effects pve players your idea. This is vanilla simulation and you want to use TBC areas. Just this can make PVE players worries. And there isnt really any benefit from your suggestion. This is PVE realm, with command to mark for PVP. All those pvp plyers have chance do it but minimum of them did it. Problem isnt pve realm. Problem is in players.
If 1000 pvp players come to the server, and 1000 of them will mark for PVP, doesnt matter if is this pve or pvp realm, both types of players will get they want.

Prime wants this server keep " blizzlike " as much as possible. If you have problem with this, if you re too lazy create own place for pvp or if you re too lazy mark yourself .. just leave server, you re not on good place for ya :)

shibli09

#27 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 02:02

ceh789 wrote:I don't particularly care if people convene at the DM arena for PvP; I wouldn't object to a static portal like the one we have for the Blasted Lands being put up to encourage the PvP community to convene there. I really don't think this is "an actual world PvP compromise" that will end the campaign to change the server rule set though, it's really more of a custom BG.

There are a few downsides/negative impats I can think of to put something like this in as a server feature:
* PrimalWoW will inarguably be labelled a "custom" or even a "fun" server in the private server community.
* Creating a queueing or teleporting function, custom gear/vendors and a special rez timer/functionality would suck up a significant amount of developer time.
If it were just a teleport function that would take very little time to develop, if its done in shattrath like my suggestion there were already ports in the game for this so they would just have to spawn them. There would be no custom gear/vendors for this, as I stated it would only be mana/food/reagent vendors they could just spawn the ones that are in the major cities already. The only thing that could take any amount of real time would be the rez timer functionality and I am not even sure if this would take very long to begin with.

As I stated earlier World PvP won't happen, even if we have a large population World PvP Died when we got RDF. No one wants to run around to dungeons when you can teleport there instantly. I NEVER see anyone in world when I am out farming and questing even during peak time.

shibli09

#28 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 02:10

Vesimies wrote:
shibli09 wrote:

I can ask you same. Tell me how negatively effects you, if you and other PVP players will meet at specific place / zone. Its same, Ok you wont have special portal there,
About constant bgs, I dont know how you, but most of the time im in quee, im getting insta wsg. For arena, well .. different between arena set and honor set is like +1 stat.. coool, none will do arena for one more hp or intellect. Mby in later sesone, when design and stats will be more different.

well about how negatively effects pve players your idea. This is vanilla simulation and you want to use TBC areas. Just this can make PVE players worries. And there isnt really any benefit from your suggestion. This is PVE realm, with command to mark for PVP. All those pvp plyers have chance do it but minimum of them did it. Problem isnt pve realm. Problem is in players.
If 1000 pvp players come to the server, and 1000 of them will mark for PVP, doesnt matter if is this pve or pvp realm, both types of players will get they want.

Prime wants this server keep " blizzlike " as much as possible. If you have problem with this, if you re too lazy create own place for pvp or if you re too lazy mark yourself .. just leave server, you re not on good place for ya :)
It negatively effects me because it is too time consuming and difficult to try and organize this. You try to communicate to the entire PvP population exactly where and when to meet and how often. Most of the people who play are not even on the forums to communite this to. Also you are totally wrong about BG vs Arena gear. Look at the paladin set, our BG gear is totally fucking shit, its worse the Lightforge Gear, where as the Arena gear is almost if not on par with T1.

I want to use TBC area so then it is completely away from the PvE-ers. I also suggested DM Arena but it would be fairly small. Where as Shattrath could be the perfect arena for it. If player population rises and it gets large enough it would be the ultimate PvP zone to do it in. It is large enough but has LoS and areas where we could concentrate fighting if there are not enough players on.

There isn't any benefit from my suggestion? are you kidding me? There are huge benefits, if this ends up being successful it could bring large amounts of players to come who want some sort of constant active PvP and this would give it to them. You benefit because you get a larger population, better economy, more donations to the GMs. The more money the GMs get the more they can focus on the server and get more PvE content out and at higher quality.

How about we remove RDF then? That way there are more pople in the world, then there would be more world pvp going on.

ceh789
Donor

#29 » Post by ceh789 » 05 Aug 2015 02:20

shibli09 wrote:... shattrath ...
Shattrath is spoken for as the neutral capital of the TBC expansion. I think using it as a pvp-zone only sets us up for a riot when BC drops and people tear their hair out when their playground is taken away - or people tear their hair out when the formerly neutral continental capital and quest hub is now a pvp playground; either way it plays out it ends badly.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

shibli09

#30 » Post by shibli09 » 05 Aug 2015 02:24

ceh789 wrote:
shibli09 wrote:... shattrath ...
Shattrath is spoken for as the neutral capital of the TBC expansion. I think using it as a pvp-zone only sets us up for a riot when BC drops and people tear their hair out when their playground is taken away - or people tear their hair out when the formerly neutral continental capital and quest hub is now a pvp playground; either way it plays out it ends badly.
Then move it to dalaran when BC comes out. Then when WotLK comes out we have wintersgrasp to use instead.

Who says it has to be taken away completely? why can't it just be moved elsewhere? If anything by then people will be tired of it as a pvp zone and want something different or may not be tired of it and just want to mix things up a bit.