Draenei and Blood Elf

Indicted

Draenei and Blood Elf

#1 » Post by Indicted » 20 Jul 2015 10:48

The reason I'm not posting this in the already posted thread of this suggestion, is because the vast amount of circle-jerk and memes in the other post that would just drown out this logical post that I feel really strongly about. (I am not trolling or trying to be funny in any way, this is a serious post)

Why do I think that these races should be in the game? Well for one, currently the server is getting some great recognition, thanks heavily to Dodgykebaab. Now what does that mean for the server? Well for one more people will join, and will join the ranks of Alliance where their idol has chosen his faction and stack the already HEAVILY stacked side of Alliance. (current ALLIANCE to HORDE split 71% - 29%) What could we do to solve this issue? Well for one I think that the races should be enabled right now as more people will roll Horde / switch to horde since Paladins will be opened to them and much more options for raiding. (But Indicted! You can roll a Human or Dwarf and make a Paladin and raid with cross faction!) Yes I guess you can but what happens when you're raiding with a horde guild and you get locked out from horde when they disable the cross faction partying etc? You're screwed. You can't faction change since your class doesn't exist on that side and you lose all your months of work on the server that you've put into it all. Good luck starting all over again on Alliance side!

To the people who think that these races would imbalance things, wake up we already have imbalances that are accepted on the server or tweaked. 1% hit and Arcane torrent wouldn't break the game more than Every Man For Himself and other things like Night Elf, etc.

I understand that this is a lot of people's "Vanilla experience" but it's not. Stat weights, item bis, spells, and talents are completely different than what was considered the BEST back in the day, a lot of people like this server because it has a bold idea to have these cool new things to learn but with the familiar content that we've all come to know and love. I just don't understand WHY the races are disabled but certain things are allowed. Now I'm a logical person and understand politics, so I doubt my suggestions and voice will be heard over the other people that circle-jerk when it comes to changing things on this server, but I'll be damned if I don't try.

I know a lot of people think I'm a troll and I know people will take this as a troll post but it isn't.
Thank you for your time and reading!
:|
A Forbidden Love, Star-crossed Lovers
Repel Image and Image Cakrin

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

Roel
Founder

Re: Draenei and Blood Elf

#2 » Post by Roel » 20 Jul 2015 11:23

I know it would help the faction balance but enough people believe in this "Vanilla experience" to keep those races out of the game until TBC. And we will probably also have cross-faction raiding until TBC because of the 40 man raids (unless we can get a super high population before then). So by the time alliance can no longer raid with horde, every race will be able to use faction change.

Also the current class balance is related to the fact that a lot of Dodgykebaab's subscribers play Alliance like himself. With other players joining, it's already getting better and moving more to 40/60. Yesterday at one point I saw 43/57, so it's too early to say how it will be in a couple of months from now.

Anyone who likes PvP and doesn't want to wait in the queue for ages is free to move over to Horde and enjoy instant queues...

bamfer123
Donor

#3 » Post by bamfer123 » 20 Jul 2015 11:27

cant go horde as a paladin :( why care so much about BE's and Dranie running around and not care about having shamans in a ally group, that was a big part of vanilla, not having that specific class in each others raids.
Bamfer- Dwalf Paladin.

.Knewklear

#4 » Post by .Knewklear » 20 Jul 2015 11:36

No.

Indicted

#5 » Post by Indicted » 20 Jul 2015 11:38

Well not everyone can faction change for better queues, Paladins are forced to stay Alliance.

I just don't understand the mentality how a lot of game breaking mechanics are left in the game currently, but others are just disabled or overlooked. A lot of people went human because they are min-maxers and understand how broken the EMFH ratial is, you did the right call and implemented the 2 minute trinkets that exist at 70-80 and made 60 versions, that solves a lot of issues and balancing. But what I don't understand is the reasoning for leaving the races disabled, this wouldn't break the game nor peoples immersion. The people crying that it isn't blizzlike or vanilla-like must be delusional because they are using non-vanilla like things just playing on this server. I get that it can't be 100% and Vanilla but certain things were just blatantly overlooked.

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

Indicted

#6 » Post by Indicted » 20 Jul 2015 11:42

Knewklear wrote:No.
May I ask for your reasoning to meme my post with your casual "No"?

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

.ithril11

#7 » Post by .ithril11 » 20 Jul 2015 11:47

I think the biggest question is whether or not this is “truly a vanilla experience”. I'm biased, I'm in the implement races camp because of population. But here's the issue; this isn't a Vanilla server. The “immersion” has already been broken by RDF, 31-pt talent trees etc. However I will concede that we do need to wait for a few more weeks, if not at-least a month to make this decision. As time has went on the Horde population has increased substantially, the usual active population is about 65-35 right now but the offline split is about 60-40. This is exponentially better than our original numbers before both the dodgey and other review video. Intelligent discussion on the repercussions of the implementation of these races needs to be centered around the idea of population balance. Not “immersion”, that's been broken a long time ago.

PS - Hey Prime! Check your inbox <3

.Knewklear

#8 » Post by .Knewklear » 20 Jul 2015 13:46

Indicted wrote:
It's "VANILLA".

Indicted

#9 » Post by Indicted » 20 Jul 2015 13:58

Knewklear wrote:
Indicted wrote:
It's "VANILLA".

lold. delusional player #1

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

ice4keep

#10 » Post by ice4keep » 20 Jul 2015 15:46

The population ratio right now is 57:43, and it's getting even more equal WITHOUT the addition of blood elves. Adding them to make the factions equal doesn't make any sense.

Guts

#11 » Post by Guts » 20 Jul 2015 16:23

If you check the Online Chats, you will see that there is currently a small difference in the activity of the factions.
Also, faction-change from Alliance to Horde is free, so the community can help out with the balance issue.

Link: http://www.primalwow.org/online-charts
Guts
60 Human Warrior
Civilian of Vanilla Knights

dr4g0onz

#12 » Post by dr4g0onz » 20 Jul 2015 16:34

This is all I have to say.

http://www.primalwow.org/statistics vs http://www.truewow.org/statistics

I'll just continue on my human char like half the server kappa.

iamadp

#13 » Post by iamadp » 20 Jul 2015 16:42

Repel wants to RP as draenei #1 reason for this post
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]