Blood Elf & Draenei... maybe?

Should Draenei and Blood Elves be implemented?

Yes, but of course, horde need a more fabulous class!
41%
Hell no, it would ruin everything! The vanilla nostalgia, gameplay, etc.
36%
Sure, why not, give me those space goats.
13%
I don't care, they can rot for two years.
10%

Total votes: 317

.Rustoak

Re: Blood Elf & Draenei... maybe?

#16 » Post by .Rustoak » 01 Jul 2015 07:42

I would vote yes, on the condition that they could be modified to start in a current starting zone, not in their BC zones. With cross faction grouping anyhow its not like its adding or taking anything away from the current game except allowing paladins/shamans to be guilded/friended with horde/alliance.

dr4g0onz

#17 » Post by dr4g0onz » 01 Jul 2015 12:52

Rustoak wrote:I would vote yes, on the condition that they could be modified to start in a current starting zone, not in their BC zones. With cross faction grouping anyhow its not like its adding or taking anything away from the current game except allowing paladins/shamans to be guilded/friended with horde/alliance.
This solution would be totally fine by me, I just want to be able to play on a belf haha.

Renon

#18 » Post by Renon » 01 Jul 2015 13:11

Rustoak wrote:I would vote yes, on the condition that they could be modified to start in a current starting zone, not in their BC zones. With cross faction grouping anyhow its not like its adding or taking anything away from the current game except allowing paladins/shamans to be guilded/friended with horde/alliance.
Remember that crossfaction is only TEMPORARY, when it is removed PvE will become a little harder without Bok/Totems for respective faction. Allowing Dranei/Be have this classes makes Vanilla PvE much much easier, even if crossfaction will be removed.

So, my vote is NO atm. My rules for yes are:
1. Dranei, BE starting zones: Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
2. Removed shaman for dranei, paladin for BE until TBC expansion.
3. Dranei removed heroic presence - 1% hit. BE removed Magic resistance - 2% magic resist. (as of Patch 3.0.2)

.conscience

#19 » Post by .conscience » 01 Jul 2015 15:43

Though my favorite combination of faction and class is a Horde Paladin, I'm fine with waiting however long until TBC is actually released. Any retconning of BElves and Draenei into Classic content without the full implementation of classes and zones would just be kind of weird. Let it ride.

dr4g0onz

#20 » Post by dr4g0onz » 01 Jul 2015 16:03

Still the server is facing a faction imbalance, when I look at server status there are only a handful of hordies the rest are in the alliance.
Only the crossfaction rdf is keeping them alive really, and in the rdfs I've been in there has always been a lonely horde if any and never the reverse.
Even if the server grows (who knows how long it takes) the ratio will still remain until tbc probably...
And who would want to race change into horde when it is a ghost town?
They need some new blood.

Renon

#21 » Post by Renon » 01 Jul 2015 17:49

Well from my look it looks like, you just want what's convenient for you disregarding everything else like difficulty of PvE it will be accepted, gearing up etc. f.e if dranei was in raid ppl can have 1% less of hit rating which gives people more room for making more dps output by gearing another item for this 1%.

Don't use "faction imbalance" as an argument for adding something which shouldn't be there in the first place, cause even this proposal would not make balance in the first place, cause of low population. High population would make it not needed, what we need now is advertisement of this server, not new idea's for gameplay - if such things aren't advertised, no one will know about them and won't even come to this server to make it more enjoyable. Take also a view of point of a new player:
"he sees advertisement of this server and the concept. Wow looks wonderful, downloads the game, registers, and starts to create account and sees dranei and blood elfs are available for vanilla. He will think something like "wtf wasn't this supposed to be progressive server? are they doing fun server from it by adding things from other expansions?" something in those lines, so we by such things can loose a major of community, and what we can get? more ppl who wants pay2win or just rapid gameplay with easy pve.

dr4g0onz

#22 » Post by dr4g0onz » 01 Jul 2015 19:15

1. Dranei, BE starting zones: Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
3. Dranei removed heroic presence - 1% hit. BE removed Magic resistance - 2% magic resist. (as of Patch 3.0.2)[/quote]

I'm perfectly fine with changes like these in order to not change gameplay.
So it mostly comes down to an aesthetic change that would (I believe) rally more people to the horde side including myself.

Renon

#23 » Post by Renon » 01 Jul 2015 19:19

dr4g0onz wrote:1. Dranei, BE starting zones: Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
3. Dranei removed heroic presence - 1% hit. BE removed Magic resistance - 2% magic resist. (as of Patch 3.0.2)

I'm perfectly fine with changes like these in order to not change gameplay.
So it mostly comes down to an aesthetic change that would (I believe) rally more people to the horde side including myself.
If such things will be changed then count me in for Yes. Though honestly from what I today saw on guild chat it will also bring ruin to this server.

dr4g0onz

#24 » Post by dr4g0onz » 01 Jul 2015 20:38

I see, oh well we'll have to wait 2 years then qq :roll:

sargantis

#25 » Post by sargantis » 12 Jul 2015 04:26

I feel blood elves and drenni are needed for a few reasons:

#1 balance issues - would help increase population on horde dude to blood elves being a highly played race for lore/looks/abilities + paladins a highly played class even if their talents suck in vanilla for anything other then a healer

#2 only way to stop x faction would be to bring out drenni and blood elves first otherwise incoming rage that xxx faction is op because of xxx class

#3 only paladins and shaman can no xfer to other race atm... kinda lame if ya ask me when everyone else has that option

#4 when xfation stops they would have to redo the loot for mc bwl etc so that shamman loot cant drop in ali raids and pally loot doesnt drop in horde raids while upping the rate at which the other drops etc (perhaps easyer in that reguard to just impliment bloodelves and drenni i dont know i dont deal with the codeing)

just my 2 cents hopefully they add it in before x faction stops and in the mean time allow xfaction guilds so that if we cant make the one horde raid times the aliance has another raid time option for the time being

sargantis

#26 » Post by sargantis » 12 Jul 2015 07:10

bumping to keep this on page one so dev's see it in the morning

reviewed a couple of the posts dev's put on their page cant find anything on the list of whats available from the start saying that their is no drenni or blood elves... thus another great reason to add them in :D

dr4g0onz

#27 » Post by dr4g0onz » 13 Jul 2015 15:55

I guess I'm a little persistent but I still believe it would be a good improvement, until a dev shoots down the idea lol.

If we compare Primal WoW to True WoW we can see that the alliance and horde ratio is more equal over at True WoW.
http://www.truewow.org/online-charts vs http://www.primalwow.org/online-charts
http://www.truewow.org/status vs http://www.primalwow.org/status

So what does True WoW have that Primal WoW lacks?

When we look at the statistics at Primal WoW, the human race is far more popular beyond any of the other races.
http://www.primalwow.org/statistics vs http://www.truewow.org/statistics
At least on True Wow it looks to be fairly equal between humans and blood elves, resulting in a more equal faction distribution.

I just feel this would be more blizzlike than having crossfaction rdf/pvp or whatever, they were never meant to be played together qq!
And I believe True WoW don't have crossfaction.

I found this in the Newcomers section
http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=15680
TL:DR Horde side needs more players.

Evilor

#28 » Post by Evilor » 14 Jul 2015 16:50

Why not?
The faction imbalance is an issue and adding those two races could help. Or people can choose to have them locked away for vanity reasons and continue calling horde players to que bg's.
I’ve seen Chronicles of Narnia, I KNOW what a Blitzkrieg is.

Antidote, Shadow Priest of <Mystic>
Ultranumb, Hunter

Vyse

#29 » Post by Vyse » 14 Jul 2015 16:58

Well, I always played a paladin, horde.

I like the server and I will mostly play a paladin again, this time on alliance, I have never leveld an alliance char beyond lvl 20, so for me
it will be an interesting journey.

Adding belf / draenei to vanilla would be over the top, and the criticism (spelling..) from those who are sceptical about the talent tree thingy will be even more
and eventualy more people will see this server as a fun server.

.doctorwho

#30 » Post by .doctorwho » 15 Jul 2015 21:47

I think it would really help the faction balance if they were introduced. And I don't see how it would ruin the "vanilla feel" anymore than the Belf and Draenei npcs, the wrath talent trees, Stormwind harbour, boats and zeppelins to non-existent lands, etc that are already in game.