[Rejected] [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

Should the realm type be PvP so you can always get attacked by the other faction in neutral zones?

Yes change it to PvP so there is some more danger to leveling.
44%
Keep it PvE, however it's acceptable to convert some of the high level zones to PvP.
13%
No, keep it PvE so everyone can flag themselves for PvP whenever they want.
43%

Total votes: 567

Thrydon

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#91 » Post by Thrydon » 16 Jul 2015 22:41

Prime wrote:The people who chose the middle option would have vote PvE if they only had 2 choices...
Well maybe those who know how to read ;)
SUPER_TWO wrote:All of you saying you want pvp aren't even any good at it... you just want to grief. Sorry, but it's the truth.
That is one of the most ignorant arguments there is. I don't even want to address it as it as but rather share my opinion and reasoning (or at least parts of it).

My choice is obviously PvP.
Why? Because I feel like it makes the game more interesting, makes full use of the content we've been given, and doesn't give trolls a chance to do stuff with a guaranteed way out.
In the end, this game is largely based on war between two factions and it should show. In my opinion it could show on a much larger scale but Blizzard didn't want to take it further and rather focus on other aspects of the game as well. Leveling can be a little grindy at times but PvP is one of those things changes the experience every time. Whenever I was leveling and got killed by a max level character, I was delighted to log my main and challenge him. If it was my first character I just checked if there were some friendly max levels nearby, and if there weren't I just sneaked away; knowing how not to get corpsecamped without having to log off is an art by itself.
Secondly, World PvP is a crucial part of PvP experience. Let me ask of you PvErs, do you feel the same way about leveling without engaging in PvP combat? Do you, at max level, return to Elwynn Forest to kill boars, because you find the experience so amazing? If your answer was "yes", you should consider medical treatment. For many PvPers world PvP is much more appealing than battleground, perhaps on par with arena or even higher, depending on the person. My point is, PvP server does NOT take anything away from you.
Last but not least, you are unable to punish players of the opposing faction for doing something incredibly stupid or annoying. Leveling without PvP is bad as it is for a PvPer but what makes it almost unbearable is the fact that people can actually get away with everything they do. They can steal your questmobs and minerals/ores without having to spare a thought on possible consequences. In my experience, PvE leveling community is extremely toxic. One could say that people leveling alone are more dedicated on their own business on a PvP server as there is a constant fear of engaging in a PvP, in unfair circumstances (e.g. 2v1 or target still having mobs on him). You do not want to provoke people by doing anything cheap if you want to have a shot at leveling peacefully. I could live with PvE server if it came with an asshole scanner that would automatically flag them for PvP if they did something stupid.

There certainly are more reasons why I prefer PvP over PvE server but these ones are just off the top of my head.
Cheers
Blood is a renewable resource.

Zimranf2AU

#92 » Post by Zimranf2AU » 16 Jul 2015 22:47

I really hope Prime makes and announces a decision one way or the other soon. If it goes all level PvP I will personally quit the server because I can get that on the other servers that I have characters on. I'd also feel a bit betrayed because the PvE aspect of the server was definitely influential in coming here for me. If it goes high level zone PvP I'll still feel a bit betrayed but probably won't quit because at equal level I at least have a chance to defend myself (assuming 1v1 and not gank squads). If it stays as advertised I'll obviously stay and go back to having fun. I personally know a couple of people that have stopped playing here until this is resolved.

I hadn't heard the rotating high level zone PvP idea before today but it's interesting. I think, however, that it's too much work and hassle when Prime and crew are still working out a lot of other kinks. I think team PvP should just start organizing city raids, those are always a blast for both invaders and defenders IMO.

Honestly the PvPness of the server shouldn't even be this big of an issue which is why I hope Prime just comes out and says "this is how it is" soon so he and the staff can better focus on the things that do matter and players can get back to enjoying the game without fear of having the rug pulled out from under them.

Overtime

#93 » Post by Overtime » 16 Jul 2015 23:21

You can't balance world pvp (wotlk skills) same way you could balance arena & battlegrounds. Also it was PvE ground up, I see no reason why it would change now. Prefer it this way.

Roel
Founder

#94 » Post by Roel » 16 Jul 2015 23:31

Don't worry, we won't change such a thing without a clear majority behind it. And even a thread heavily advocated by the PvP crowd is having trouble getting the votes 50/50.

Lanfeare

#95 » Post by Lanfeare » 16 Jul 2015 23:47

I mean, that is to be expected given that this server started as a pve server. All I'm looking to get out of this is roughly those 6 zones that I mentioned before since those are the areas where world PvP is truly important. Don't think that both sides aren't telling other people with similar prreferences to get over here and vote though. I'm not even home from work yet to tell guildies about this poll.

.Shilofax

#96 » Post by .Shilofax » 16 Jul 2015 23:50

I would leave this server if it changed to PvP.

There's no reason that people who want to PvP can't just flag/queue up for a BG/arena. Ganking someone 10 levels lower than you is no fun, and it turns me off of playing a server entirely.

Lanfeare

#97 » Post by Lanfeare » 16 Jul 2015 23:54

I don't know how many times I'm going to have to respond to the ganking replies, but see option 2.

Virunus
Donor

#98 » Post by Virunus » 17 Jul 2015 00:46

I picked this realm specifically because its PvE. I have zero interest in getting ganked in the world while trying to level, I have BGs and Arena for organized PvP.

Please never change. People already have plenty of options if they desire a PvP realm.

Lanfeare

#99 » Post by Lanfeare » 17 Jul 2015 00:52

Again, option 2

Virunus
Donor

#100 » Post by Virunus » 17 Jul 2015 01:05

Option 2 is only okay if you mean like.. Wintergrasp. I still don't want to have to contend with roaming Horde while I'm farming materials in some zone at 60. I'd be on a PvP server if I wanted that.

Of course, If Option 3 doesn't happen [it looks like it is the majority right now], Option 2 is the next best option.

I'm not a big PvPer and if I wanted PvP in my face I wouldn't have joined a PvE server.

Option 3: This is how the server was advertised to me and part of the reason I joined.

Option 2: I'd dislike it and its not the option I want, but I PROBABLY wouldn't quit over it.

Option 1: I'd be out of here SO fast.

Lanfeare

#101 » Post by Lanfeare » 17 Jul 2015 01:30

If that's how you feel virunis, then why is ganking the only thing that you (and basically every single other pve proponent in this thread) ever talks about? If you like PvP but hate ganking, then you would be perfectly fine with option 2. If you just dislike PvP in general, would you just come out and say it? It's far more productive as you' 've all been a broken record on the ganking aspect (most likely because it's more easily defensible). Anyway, for all of you that came here SOLEY because this is a pve server (and there are supposedly a fair number of you based on all of this posting), then that means that you all came here without caring at all about the vision of this server. Those of us that came here despite the fact that it was pve did so because of the vision. Who do you think is going to be more fickle (especially when another pve server comes out). They can come out with a hundred PvP servers, but the pvpers that are here came for the unique aspects of this server, not just something as cookie-cutter as PvP vs pve.

pastgo

#102 » Post by pastgo » 17 Jul 2015 01:48

I was just thrilled when I found a good PVE server. I don't know why hard core PVPers want every single server to be PVP when they have so many to choose from.

Thank you for providing a place for those who dislike PVP to play.

.Xannidel

#103 » Post by .Xannidel » 17 Jul 2015 03:37

Okay fine, I will provide a post that does not talk about being ganked.

I do not overall enjoy world PVP; to some it adds a little extra to the game and to others it just does not work for them.

I do not really want to have to deal with fighting mobs in Silithus or Eastern Plaguelands and have to deal with 3 Alliance members coming in and just taking a nice swing at me. I do not consider that ganking but what I do like to do is quest and farm solo and not want to deal with the other faction, in groups, taking a swing at me while I am farming or doing quests.

ceh789
Donor

#104 » Post by ceh789 » 17 Jul 2015 03:38

Thrydon wrote:For PvPers PvE is an absolute no-go whereas PvErs can basically do what they enjoy the most on a PvP server as well.
Interestingly, I see it the exact opposite - for me, a PvP ruleset is an absolute no-go whereas I think a PvPer can basically do what they enjoy most on a PvE server as well by flagging up.
Lanfeare wrote:It might have been different 3 hours ago, but I see 31 people voting for some form of PvP vs 36 people voting for no PvP. That's a close poll for such a small sample size. We're likely going to end up getting a highly split vote from this.
Again, it is interesting how perspective skews these things - when I look at those results I see 38 people voting for PvP, 55 voting for the status quo and 19 frustrated PvE people who are rolling their eyes and begrudgingly conceding a few zones in the name of compromise.
Lanfeare wrote:If that's how you feel virunis, then why is ganking the only thing that you (and basically every single other pve proponent in this thread) ever talks about?
I realize this wasn't directed to me but as a PvE proponent I'll repond. I think ganking low levels is cheap. That said, its not my concern considering that over the course of time, what... 95% of your play time is at level cap. My concern is simple: PvP required means that someone else gets to decide how I spend my time. I don't want to give that power to someone else. My time is precious to me and I want to spend it doing the things I choose, not defending myself from someone else's idea of fun.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Thrydon

#105 » Post by Thrydon » 17 Jul 2015 06:00

ceh789 wrote:
Thrydon wrote:For PvPers PvE is an absolute no-go whereas PvErs can basically do what they enjoy the most on a PvP server as well.
Interestingly, I see it the exact opposite - for me, a PvP ruleset is an absolute no-go whereas I think a PvPer can basically do what they enjoy most on a PvE server as well by flagging up.
Flagging yourself for PvP doesn't let you attack anyone.
Blood is a renewable resource.