[Rejected] General Support/Player Report restrictions

Gnurg

[Rejected] General Support/Player Report restrictions

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Jan 2016 12:02

Very often the same people tend to not follow the guidelines for these sub-forums. Would it be possible to add a lockout period for them? i.e. a week, a month, depending how frequently they miss use the sub-forums?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

benzviliran

Re: General Support/Player Report restrictions

#2 » Post by benzviliran » 15 Jan 2016 12:05

I think a player should have controll over his topic so that if needed he could remove comments by himself or when he ignore someone on forum this guy wont be able to comment on his posts.

and ofc each forum would have lvl. players will have lvl 1 and gms will have 2+ and u wont be able to remove posts/ignore if the lvl is above yours. and ofc all of that is only when you make your own topic and doesnt effect others.
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 15 Jan 2016 12:19

i've suggested the rules to be stickied above in the past, it did happen and i think it was a good move. the people that consist of minor inner discipline tend to follow those rules in my opinion and I'm grateful of that, but it's not enough apparently

everytime I see an irrelevant player openly comment on someone elses report I cringe, I want this to stop, preventing this was my sole reason to have made that suggestion in the past. I agree that something should be done on this matter

edit; just thought I'd link a few topics that got/nearly got derailed because of others' personal issues with the reporting/reported party/other irrelevant people commenting on the report

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16337
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16357
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16486

for fucks sake people, staff team exists for a reason and they are enforcing the sub forum for a reason
Last edited by Wilcox on 15 Jan 2016 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

Justicelight
Donor

#4 » Post by Justicelight » 15 Jan 2016 12:21

benzviliran wrote:I think a player should have controll over his topic so that if needed he could remove comments by himself or when he ignore someone on forum this guy wont be able to comment on his posts.
That would be wrong. It can turn forums into Babel tower.

1. Someone makes a topic about me.
2. The topic creator has me on ignore (aka I can't post in the topic).
3. I make a new topic in order to respond to a topic in which I couldn't defend my self of acusations or simply couldn't give my opinion on it.

Same thing applies with the feature you are suggesting by "deleting the comments". There is a simple reason why only GM's are able to delete comments and that is called "patience". They are GM's for a reason, and they are ment to think before act. Sometime we do hasty actions, without asking anyone and a personal issue would just create more chaos than order.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

benzviliran

#5 » Post by benzviliran » 15 Jan 2016 12:30

Justicelight wrote:
benzviliran wrote:I think a player should have controll over his topic so that if needed he could remove comments by himself or when he ignore someone on forum this guy wont be able to comment on his posts.
That would be wrong. It can turn forums into Babel tower.

1. Someone makes a topic about me.
2. The topic creator has me on ignore (aka I can't post in the topic).
3. I make a new topic in order to respond to a topic in which I couldn't defend my self of acusations or simply couldn't give my opinion on it.

Same thing applies with the feature you are suggesting by "deleting the comments". There is a simple reason why only GM's are able to delete comments and that is called "patience". They are GM's for a reason, and they are ment to think before act. Sometime we do hasty actions, without asking anyone and a personal issue would just create more chaos than order.

u make a topic for a reason, u dont want people to insult u etc thats why i suggested this, anyway i didnt say thats the solution i gave this as an example, a base of something that could start from.

can add a tool called "report comment" "request to remove comment" etc, will be flagged with a small comment of the one who request/report it for example:

topic name "xxx is insulting me again" by fff"

some player comments on topic "stop whining you retard"

fff which created the topic or anyone else could flag it and request to remove this topic and comment on reason:
"not related to the topic and is offensive towards a player"

GM could click it read it and remove the comment if found not related to the topic, very simple.

ofc that could find holes in that too and some other problems but im not really going deep into it just giving a quick thought of what could be done to improve forums so that it will be a more comfortable place for us all.
I am the swarm

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#6 » Post by Dymond » 15 Jan 2016 12:35

-1 for me.

I agree with Justicelight.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

marko1984

#7 » Post by marko1984 » 15 Jan 2016 12:40

wrong approach -1

We do however need a GM to end a flame war earlier on some topics... there is an active one like that atm xD
Three mages!

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Jan 2016 12:44

I believe Justicelight was refering to Benz's post.

If a player can't defend themselves, because they've recently missued the Player Reports section, then they have no one to blame besides themselves.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nymunne
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Nymunne » 15 Jan 2016 13:15

-1 from me as well. Justice already pointed out why and even if he only referred to Benz's post for some reason that point of view can still stand for multiple situations.

Justicelight
Donor

#10 » Post by Justicelight » 15 Jan 2016 13:52

benzviliran wrote:
can add a tool called "report comment" "request to remove comment" etc, will be flagged with a small comment of the one who request/report it for example:
We already have such tool for comments, its name is "Report this post" and it is on top right side of each comment (right before "Reply with Quote" button) .

This button can be used to report a whole topic, by clicking on the button in the first comment and that will automatically mean reporting of the topic content (since first thing shown in topic, is what topic creator wrote).
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Jan 2016 13:58

It's likely that I'll script a Report Player engine that'll end with the public trials and replace the report player forums, only including in the report the involved players and interested parts. Until then we can't really do anything other than moderating these forums.

benzviliran

#12 » Post by benzviliran » 15 Jan 2016 15:09

Justicelight wrote:
benzviliran wrote:
We already have such tool for comments, its name is "Report this post" and it is on top right side of each comment (right before "Reply with Quote" button) .

This button can be used to report a whole topic, by clicking on the button in the first comment and that will automatically mean reporting of the topic content (since first thing shown in topic, is what topic creator wrote).
i am well aware of that, however they are not effective and should be redesigned for the server needs.

ask yourself how many people use that tool and you'll find out that it isnt being used much and not effective.

it should work different and more simple and this should be used as a tool that the staff would also be able to have a more convinient way to controll the forums and be able to follow players comments such as they can see ban history.

for example for every comment that a GM found inapropriate after flagged and was removed it would be insert into a history of that tool which would be a list of amount of comments removed by that player and for what reasons, so that when the players continue adding such offending or inapropriate comments the staff will have an easy access to the info they need to treat and deal with the issue.

atm there are 1-3 gms who does that great but they could do it better and more effectively with such tool that would help them be more orginized.

i am pretty sure it could be a usefull tool and worth the time to spend on.
I am the swarm

Gnurg

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Oct 2016 11:52

Staff members are in disfavour of this suggestion and as it would mater the most from them, their vote should count more.

Move to rejected.
Errorista wrote:Summong
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE