Advertise the server!

freehall2002

Re: Advertise the server!

#16 » Post by freehall2002 » 14 Jan 2016 17:20

ahh didn't know thought some old player did it.

Naljs

#17 » Post by Naljs » 13 Feb 2016 19:09

How many players can this server hold anyway, what's the maximum player count online? It can be good to use that number when advertising since many servers go unstable at 1k players online, and people love numbers!
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Fastor

#18 » Post by Fastor » 13 Feb 2016 19:14

Players Currently Online 452 (peak 452)
Records Players Online 782

My personal opinion, most unstable was when we was on some of previous providers with 500+ players, but that amount does not seems bad here.

Naljs

#19 » Post by Naljs » 13 Feb 2016 23:33

No I mean, how many players can the server hold, what's the cap before people start getting in a queue?
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
It's called a Throne.

Fastor

#20 » Post by Fastor » 13 Feb 2016 23:46

Naljs wrote:No I mean, how many players can the server hold, what's the cap before people start getting in a queue?
Errrr Roel? Prodigy? Nye?

Nyeriah

#21 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Feb 2016 00:17

I don't have an answer to that but I'd say in the margin of 1500-2000 players, we have never put it through so much stress so I can't really say myself. Depends on our specs and on the core's stability.

Seveno5
Donor

#22 » Post by Seveno5 » 14 Feb 2016 01:28

Naljs wrote:No I mean, how many players can the server hold, what's the cap before people start getting in a queue?
Why that number is important to you?

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#23 » Post by Hansrutger » 14 Feb 2016 01:33

He's going to dualbox lmao.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Fastor

#24 » Post by Fastor » 14 Feb 2016 02:51

Hansrutger wrote:He's going to dualbox lmao.
I have been running Ppala, Rdudu, 3 mages and banker at same time and had no problems with connections, only sounds.

Naljs

#25 » Post by Naljs » 14 Feb 2016 09:06

Seveno5 wrote:
Why that number is important to you?
I need to know how many yellow little devilish minions I need to spawn to block the good players from logging on so I can get rank 1.
Or I'm just curious, it's nice to give stability reference when advertising for the server. I think in order to get anywhere with the advertisment you need to lay out a good word for the server, a word that can justify the quality of the server and make it able compete with certain other servers that are very much larger (although I can't see how, their scripts makes me want to set my eyes on fire). If the player cap would be 800 then I suppose a lot of players would dismiss it already there, but if it is 1500-2000, like Nyeriah said, it looks a bit brighter.

I really love this server and it would be nice to see it come more alive and have a steady flow of 80's BG with some new people in and not the same teams every day.
It's called a Throne.

Roel
Founder

#26 » Post by Roel » 14 Feb 2016 09:39

I wouldn't really worry about an upper player cap, at least not one that we are ever going to reach. Hardware can always be upgraded so it mainly comes down to how frequent the software crashes.

Longi

#27 » Post by Longi » 14 Feb 2016 10:28

Nobody cares ho many players can server handle. Same as only few players care how scripts re working or how offen server will crash. Ppl want to get items for free. Give it to them and we will reach 2500 players online on peak. But thats bullshit :-D

stormyboy

#28 » Post by stormyboy » 24 Feb 2016 18:05

Ding!

More than a month has passed true wow staff! And i do not see progress. I see some random pics on the facebook page (none with actual impact) and.....that is all. The main page is still dead, no events, no nothing. I think you should get somebody to work on advertising. Someone with experience. Because by the look of it, you are all incredible developers but you have no idea how to promote your product.

kurthos

#29 » Post by kurthos » 25 Feb 2016 15:56

We should create a position for TrueWoW/PrimalWoW for community management which could handle ingame/out of game events/contests/social media.

Gnurg

#30 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2016 18:14

stormyboy wrote:Ding!

More than a month has passed true wow staff! And i do not see progress. I see some random pics on the facebook page (none with actual impact) and.....that is all. The main page is still dead, no events, no nothing. I think you should get somebody to work on advertising. Someone with experience. Because by the look of it, you are all incredible developers but you have no idea how to promote your product.
Gosh, you're one a whiny one.

If you compare the recent updates on the facebook page to what we had of last year, it's an incredible progress. From what I can tell we've already exceeded the number of posts that we had last year. The random pictures as you call them shows the activity of the server. We have diverse raiding, where we do not like other end-game WotLK servers stick to Icecrown Citadel alone. We take our time to explore Ulduar, Naxxramas and even pre-WotLK content on a weekly basis. Same goes for the PvP scene with those AV, IoC and WG pictures, it's enough players for the larger PvP events.

What I would say is missing from the facebook page is contribution from us players. If those posts had over 100 likes each, the page would seem a lot more active than what it seems like with 3-5 likes they currently get per post. And if you find the content posted lackluster, you're free to make a picture/video montage or whatever you think the facebook page lack. If you post a nice self-made video, I am sure it can be published on the facebook page.

It's not up to the staff alone to advertise the server, it's a duty all of us have if we want to see this server grow.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE