Advertise the server!

stormyboy

Advertise the server!

#1 » Post by stormyboy » 10 Jan 2016 12:27

Ok so, i also made a ticket where i talked about what i am about to talk here. But i want to make sure that i am heard. I found this server about an year ago. During the last year nothing changed regarding the population. Some players come, some players go. But it never stays constant. Well, it is constant but it is fixed at low numbers. If you realy want to make the server better start advertising it or else maybe you will gain a few new players, but you will as well lose some old players because of the dead PVP (almost, bgs here are like arenas. 2v2) and long queue times in dungeonfinder. As for the PvE part, well......there are only two guilds farming icc and RS constantly. And that is saying a lot.

So, my ideas. How to advertise the server:
-videos to show the server scripts. I never saw a video of your server. Visual advertising has a huge impact. It shows that someone realy cares enough to work on videos

-events (weekly or montly) to promote pvp or pve. Something like how fast can you finish dungeons/raids. This thing can be done with old content and new content as well (a good way to revive old content as well). PvP events (once a month or something like that. Make a competition. Bg, arena tournament etc. Make a video of the events (PVE or PVP) or even better. Stream it through twitch tv

-facebook campains (share our page and like it. For x number of shares you get x number of votepoints and for x number of likes you get half of that). Mabye we do not like it, but we are in the era of facebook. People spend a lot of time there and will practically like/share anything. And to be honest, your facebook activity is close to 0. Since july your page was almost dead.

-recruit volunteers to post on international forums/facebook pages (polish, german, french, bulgarian, romanian, italian and so on). This is an international server. So the chances that some players check national forums/fb pages are big. A post there in their language will help.

So, please true wow staff. Be active. Working on scripts is not enough.

Mortium

Re: Advertise the server!

#2 » Post by Mortium » 10 Jan 2016 15:18

As responded to the ticket, I do not lie with intentions when I respond. I have taken the issue into serious manners. But it's good that you posted this here too, maybe some players can change their mindset toward certain things.

stormyboy

#3 » Post by stormyboy » 10 Jan 2016 16:11

I am glad to hear it but i will belive it when i see it. And i would like to see some efforts put in advertising as soon as possible. The server as it is now is in dire need of something like that. There are moments when wow feels like a single player game.

(another idea that comes to my mind is advertising on instagram. Why not post there some pictures of developers desks, computers, screens. Even screenshots of desktops or ingame stuff. Like an weekly update of "life on truewow". You can even make contests out of this. Get the players to submit the most hillarious or incredible screenshots).

Tweeter is also a great place to promote the server.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Jan 2016 16:33

An entire advertisement strategy revamp is on the plans for the soon future. I just haven't had the time to cover everything I have in mind already prior putting things in motion. We should see new things quite soon.

cutix3

#5 » Post by cutix3 » 10 Jan 2016 20:28

If I may add, 2 out of 3 servers I know of and played over the past few years have advertised and attempted to recruit some of the Sunwell WotLK 1x blizzlike refugees. I guess the question is... Where's our piece of the cake? Cause I haven't heard of a transfer announcement or anything of that sort in attempts to have a piece of that player base. (I could be wrong there?) That server peaked at 4k players at peak times.
Now I'm not gonna mention other server names but come on... One of those servers population doubled already peaking at 3k in less than a week. We want a piece of that cake too! I just thought of laying that out there incase admins didn't know that Sunwell died :P

lollypop

#6 » Post by lollypop » 10 Jan 2016 20:52

cutix3 wrote:If I may add, 2 out of 3 servers I know of and played over the past few years have advertised and attempted to recruit some of the Sunwell WotLK 1x blizzlike refugees. I guess the question is... Where's our piece of the cake? Cause I haven't heard of a transfer announcement or anything of that sort in attempts to have a piece of that player base. (I could be wrong there?) That server peaked at 4k players at peak times.
Now I'm not gonna mention other server names but come on... One of those servers population doubled already peaking at 3k in less than a week. We want a piece of that cake too! I just thought of laying that out there incase admins didn't know that Sunwell died :P
While i agree with above........if the server that doubled in population is also a Polish server as was told in the Sunwell thread, the incentive to go there is that much greater for Sunwell people as they are mostly Poles as well.

cutix3

#7 » Post by cutix3 » 10 Jan 2016 20:56

The second polish server those transferred to is 4.3.4, Some people don't want to change expansions.

Rascall

#8 » Post by Rascall » 10 Jan 2016 21:59

That´s not true. While Atlantiss and Sunwell are/were both Polish servers, many Sunwell players opted to stay in WOTLK with their current gear progression avoiding starting from scratch the progression on a Cataclysm server. I agree with Cutix.
Rascall Retribution/Holy
Rascallus Blood (tank)/Unholy (DPS)
Rascalluz Affliction/Demonology
Rascalles Feral (bear)/Balance
Rascallez Assassination
Rascallis Arms (DPS)/Arms (tank)
Razcall Marksmanship/Survival
Razcallus Fury/Protection
Razcalluz Feral (cat)/Restoration
Razcalles Combat/Subtlety
Razcaellez Beast Mastery
Razcaell Discipline/Holy
Razcaelllus Enhancement/Restoration
Razcaelluz Blood (DPS)/Frost (tank)
Razcaelles Elemental/Spellhance
Razcaellez Arcane/Frostfire
Rascaell Protection
Rascaellus Frost (DPS)/Unholy (tank)
Rascaelluz Fire/Frost
Rascaelles Shadow
Rascaellez Destruction

...and more...

ccrs
Former Staff

#9 » Post by ccrs » 13 Jan 2016 15:31

+1 to this, especially to promotional videos, they are a huge showcase.

Just take a look at some other server's promotional videos, there is no need for big video edition skills.
A lot of clips with fancy letters and good music (just as blizzard does :P).

ccrs
Former Staff

#10 » Post by ccrs » 14 Jan 2016 09:55

Maybe a video edition contest is a nice way to involve more people into this :D

Nymunne
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Nymunne » 14 Jan 2016 11:09

ccrs wrote:Maybe a video edition contest is a nice way to involve more people into this :D
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 24#p176924 This was up for a while now. No one participated in it.

ccrs
Former Staff

#12 » Post by ccrs » 14 Jan 2016 11:12

Maybe it'd be nice some advertisement through front page news + facebook + twitter + ingame autobroadcast etc :D

Nymunne
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Nymunne » 14 Jan 2016 11:17

Nyeriah wrote:An entire advertisement strategy revamp is on the plans for the soon future. I just haven't had the time to cover everything I have in mind already prior putting things in motion. We should see new things quite soon.
^ This was few posts above :P
ccrs wrote:Maybe it'd be nice some advertisement through front page news + facebook + twitter + ingame autobroadcast etc :D
We will have people assigned from the staff to take care of bringing back facebook and other media channels. Players are always welcomed to help out with promoting the server.

freehall2002

#14 » Post by freehall2002 » 14 Jan 2016 17:15

this server did have video it was made by old player of tw dodgykebaab
here is the link to tw vidz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCrTkcgPBdU.
better check it out might give u ideas.

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Jan 2016 17:16

Dodgykebab isn't an old TW player, he was just passing by while reviewing a couple of servers.