[Rejected] Arena Season Revamp

What do you think?

Everything looks good to me.
3%
Sounds good to me with the exception of the Shadow Mourne part.
3%
I think this is a bad idea.
94%

Total votes: 31

Relina

Re: Arena Season Revamp

#16 » Post by Relina » 23 Oct 2015 15:41

Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

vladancar

#17 » Post by vladancar » 23 Oct 2015 16:05

1. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER EVER NONONONONONO
2. YES, gotta agree with that, there is not point beating 2200 rated team and get 48 rating and beating 350 rated team and get same rating.
3. NO
4. NO, the fuck?
5. YES, good idea!

Roel
Founder

#18 » Post by Roel » 23 Oct 2015 16:26

It's nice that you you so many suggestions but like others explained already, 1-4 are too extreme and it's quite possible that it would have the opposite effect. People don't want to keep getting the gear removed that they worked for, they might not play at all if they will get it removed anyway.

Even the 1000 rating could have a negative effect because you would need to do less games (less grinding) to get the same amount of rating. Less games means less arena activity.

As for the queue system, the start of the new season will probably be a good time to loosen it more so people don't have to wait that long in the queue.

Regent
Tester

#19 » Post by Regent » 23 Oct 2015 16:32

I agree with the following:
1. SM's Chaos Bane buff being disabled in arena ONLY
2. Starting ratings = 1000

I STRONGLY DISAGREE with the following:
1. Replacement of Wrathful gear with Relentless gear
2. No more arena points

I can't speak for anyone else but I didn't spend ages of my time gearing up my warrior and priest just to have it taken away on a whim.
I've spent my personal time queueing endlessly back on Omegawow to earn enough arena points and fighting for my rating to buy all my gear - I've already done my part to legitimately gain my gear advantages, I don't need to do it again nor will do it again; this change will just kill any motivation I have to even bother logging in anymore.

I've earned every single piece of my gear on all of my characters fair and square and I'm keeping it, therefore I've earned the right to use it wherever & whenever I want and have all the advantages it provides - whether it be in arenas, battlegrounds or just world-pvp.

Also, I don't care about the Wrathful item costs. It can be zero or 10,000 points per item for all I care so I won't offer any opinion on modifications of the aforementioned.

Thus, I'm voting NO. - aka "I think this is a bad idea."
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Kajel

#20 » Post by Kajel » 23 Oct 2015 17:58

If anything since the new season started, pvp has gotten worse arena wise. Not much activity at all. I'm for disabling chaos bane and the shard procs itself from arenas but the rest of suggestions seem iffy to me.

An ilvl restrction seems like a great idea to me but others may have something else to say about that. On another note as Cherno mentioned, should be to not be able to do both ICC25N and ICC25HC at the same time. On retail you could only do either of the two each week. It's also a good deterrent against all the Shadowmourne's we see popping up each week. Just a side note. At the moment all it takes for a healer to die is getting hoj'd from a pala+warr comp and dying in bladestorm if you have no trinket. It's ridiculous really. :D
#MyWorld
#JustinBieber
#Dudewitwings

Gnurg

#21 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Oct 2015 18:47

Roel wrote:It's nice that you you so many suggestions but like others explained already, 1-4 are too extreme and it's quite possible that it would have the opposite effect. People don't want to keep getting the gear removed that they worked for, they might not play at all if they will get it removed anyway.
Very well. The majority is clearly against this, so you can move it to the rejected area.

I do still find the arena scene awfully crude for new player and arena enthusiasts. As a 'top notch' player you are going to face the same teams anew without many new challenges throughout the arena season(s) as it's likely going to be the same 8 teams making it past 1900 every season. I can only find two teams above 1500 rating without any team member being in 'full' (4/5) Wrathful gear. Both being below 1700 rating, far away from the top. Meaning if you don't have friends in high places, you're not gonna go far. And JFYI, obtaining the 4/5 gladiator pieces of the season should not be a tough challenge, that's something unique for our (and maybe other private) server(s).

I will set an example for myself by replacing my Wrathful gear with Relentless gear at the end of the season. Hopefully I can manage to gear up again like I did when gearing up was vastly simpler.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Dropdead

#22 » Post by Dropdead » 23 Oct 2015 18:52

If you really want a challange , replace your SM not Wf gear , you will set bright example for everyone :D

Gnurg

#23 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Oct 2015 18:55

Dropdead wrote:If you really want a challange , replace your SM not Wf gear , you will set bright example for everyone :D
Lets take one step at the time. =P Try playing something else than elemental and you might have a challenge as well. ;)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Dropdead

#24 » Post by Dropdead » 23 Oct 2015 19:39

U forget when I was playing warrior in pvp u was still in naxx and backpedalling with urs :D , I also play it again now plus a priest if that makes u feel better :O

Naljs

#25 » Post by Naljs » 23 Oct 2015 21:33

Dropdead wrote:From the 5 suggestions just 1 makes sense (we all know which one it is) . Since rewards were moved to 2s , which is much more unbalanced bracket and healer+dps(usually pal+dk/war) have easy time climbing the ladder , nerfing SM seems fair enough .
I agree with this one. I for one am a player who's trying to get "done" with the game, and what is done for me? Achieving the gear I want. I play all classes and I consider myself almost done with 2 of them (still need some trinkets etc from ICC & RS but really no motivation to go through it right now). I don't play very often and I play all classes at the same time, making progress very slow on each of them. While doing this I also level new charcters to enjoy lower level PvP.
Losing the WF gear on any of my characters would be the ultimate stop for my part, and I know many who feels the same way.

Nerfing Shadowmourne in arena might actually encourage people to come back, since I know plenty who left only due to the all increasing quantity of that weapon.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

keez
Donor

#26 » Post by keez » 23 Oct 2015 22:13

Disabling SM proc in arena is totaly fine, no need to wipe anyones gear tho.
Main reason why ppl dont play arena is that you have to spend too much time in que.
I really doubt people will come back to play arena again even with these new features implemented but atleast you will make it more easy for people that actually play now to enjoy more balanced arenas and shorter que times.

Wilcox

#27 » Post by Wilcox » 24 Oct 2015 11:45

Cocopuffs wrote:Go drink some mead Gnurg, the norwegian weather is affecting your gray matter :^)
go get some prozac for your psychological issues because people are trying to be helpful here, unlike you & your useless comments

on topic now; I think I'm in favor of this because right now the main issues everyone experiences while trying to enter the arena scenario are the long queue times and the overgearing topic.

I agree with replacing WF gear with relentless OR disabling WF gear until the rating requirement is met again. It would be unfair to simply take someones pieces away so disabling seems like the more fair idea as of now

rating begins at 1000? as Roel said, there are already too few arena games daily, this would simply lower that amount, no, also this would mean a random person can get relentless libram right away as you will be instantly above 700 rating

3 I explained above

4 no, it's overcomplicating things and unnecessary

5 yes! this is a topic that has been discussed for far too long and I'd finally like to see an action taken on it, removing chaos bane is fair, I recently obtained shadowmourne and I agree that the proc is simply too much to have on too many players. in fact? disable shadowmourne until 2350 rating or something, like the T2 weapons.

that's all I have to say for now, I think this suggestion could work with certain tweaks

Dysphoria

#28 » Post by Dysphoria » 24 Oct 2015 11:59

All this tweaks ... dont bother guys there is no population and pvp scene is dead. You cant do nothing. Its true many left because of SM also, waiting time and insane amount of BiS plater teams is really annoying for "naked newbies".
Recken Destruction

vladancar

#29 » Post by vladancar » 24 Oct 2015 12:16

Guys, lets get this straight 1-4 is never going to happen, simple! Lets all just focus on that to remove SM procs in arena and make arenas doable again! Thank you. :)

Lyoto

#30 » Post by Lyoto » 24 Oct 2015 13:52

Banning SM form PvP is absolutely fine (Yeah, I'm SM user as well), but removing our Wrathful gear is a total non-sense for real.