[Rejected] Character Leveling for Vote Points?

Character Leveling for Vote Points?

Yes!
17%
No!
83%

Total votes: 42

mysham8433

[Rejected] Character Leveling for Vote Points?

#1 » Post by mysham8433 » 30 Sep 2015 10:20

Hey there.

First of all, must say, Excelent server and service, keep it up, Been here for 3 years now :) It's the best. No other private server even comes close.

Now, As this game is getting older and older, less people are playing this game, So, to attract more players, why don't you add options to the shop to purchase Character levels.

This would -

- Bring in more new people.
- Keep old people more interested as they can play new toons.
- Save a lot of life wasted levelling 0-80. Again.
- Bring in more money for TrueWoW.
- Even better service than is currently (though its fantastic as it is!)

But, As this is a 1x server always has been, there should be some restriction and Options.

For example: If you don't have a Level 80 Char. Then it would cost around 2500 Vote points for a level 0-80.
If you already have a Level 80 Char. Then it would cost 1250 For 0-80.

Also there could be options, New people joining the server at level 60 for example, from 60-80, then it would cost 1500 Points.
As they have played enough to make there mind up if they want to stay already, etc.

There could even be a system that calculates how much it would cost to level up the remaining levels to Maximum level, Or to any level you wish!

So, results would be more active veterans on new chars, and new people coming in.

Let me know what you think Also vote if you think this should be option.

Thanks.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: Character Leveling for Vote Points?

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 30 Sep 2015 10:46

Honestly it seems like a lot of work and I am 100% this will be rejected.
Personally I voted no due to personal preference of leveling a char and actually knowing how to play instead of getting a full lvl 80 and having no idea how to play.

Lets say this gets accepted, those people at lvl 80 will complain about not having gold to train, skills, gear. So basicly they will be lvl 80s waiting for a handout. What is a lvl 80 char gonna do if he can't fly or even kill mobs his lvl because he has almost no gear? He's gonna complain that the system is not good, or fuck it all and quit.

If they hand out leveling like this, then the server would stray bit too much from the blizzlike status the staff is trying to achieve.

I'm not saying your suggestion is bad, it could be good, but the bad sides it has are too many.

So... no.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Koriach

#3 » Post by Koriach » 30 Sep 2015 10:53

I am going to say no to this. If something like this gets implemented it will be a matter of time before people will ask for gear from donation and so on and this will turn into a shit server.

You can level easy by quests, dungeon finder, battlegrounds, RAF and if you don't feel like leveling here there are transfers that the GMs do from multiple servers and some of them are 3x or more and it all depends on the effort you put on that character or not to get a "free" level 80 toon with basic gear and so on. And really easiest free lvl 80 that there is are the retail transfers.

Most of the people that are here play because the server has no such services because of the blizzlike experience. Sure before someone comes to trash talk not saying it's 100% perfect and there are bugs but what private server doesn't?

TL:DR: No. Please don't kill the experience most of the people on this server are looking for.

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 30 Sep 2015 10:58

Suggestions that are a lot of work can always be marked as pending but I believe this suggestion is still quite much frowned upon by most of our users and therefore against our policies.

Still appreciate the fact that you went into so much detail.

cherno666

#5 » Post by cherno666 » 30 Sep 2015 11:08

Koriach wrote:I am going to say no to this. If something like this gets implemented it will be a matter of time before people will ask for gear from donation and so on and this will turn into a shit server.
^ This

It would just open a path to some1 asking for ''improved character lvl ups'' added to shop for donors or for more vote points. And as much as it MAY bring more new players I'm sure it will make old players say :''fuck this shit , server is turning into bullshit'' .
Blacklustersoldier wrote: Personally I voted no due to personal preference of leveling a char and actually knowing how to play instead of getting a full lvl 80 and having no idea how to play.
As much as I'm sick of lvling more chars even though I still want some chars , I agree on that part as well. This server unlike other servers which allow insta lvl 80s by vote/donations doesn't have so many noobs as others. Certain server I came from had lvl 80 ret palas with SM and 6.9k gs doing 6k dps in icc... It's not like ret palas need much skill to play but some people menage to fuck that up as well.

Plus , we already have a RAF sistem , where you can lvl up with a friend on 3x exp rate till lvl 60 , making the most unbearable part of lvlling go much faster.

Even though sistem might be good for old players that have like 10 chars and are sick of leveling , those players don't ask for such things cause they want server to keep it's integrity. From my expirience players who come to server and donate/vote for lvl 80 char will get sick if it really fast and just stop playing,so it wouldn't have too much effect on bringing in new people , it would just have effect of old players having even more chars.

I'm sorry , but no from me
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Mokum

#6 » Post by Mokum » 30 Sep 2015 11:56

Nah to place for lazy people here
Bloodshedder lvl 80 Hunter

benzviliran

#7 » Post by benzviliran » 30 Sep 2015 12:17

A big NO
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#8 » Post by Wilcox » 30 Sep 2015 12:37

yeah how about no

Relina

#9 » Post by Relina » 30 Sep 2015 13:05

As much as I'd like to skip leveling in general, NO TY.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Saddie

#10 » Post by Saddie » 30 Sep 2015 13:49

As much of a lazy leveler as I am, still no from me, it's bad enough having unskilled people that get carried and suck with their classes, this would make it so much worse, besides, if something like this got implemented, it'd feel like a matter of time till they start selling gear

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 30 Sep 2015 13:53

No, no and no. :D Appreaciate the effort though.

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Sep 2015 13:58

Leveling is one of they key aspects of the game. It's true that the game itself only starts when you've reached the level cap, but it's while leveling that you get to know your class and what works best with it, so it's also a no from me. WotLK leveling actually isn't that hard anyway.

And also in my opinion it's not the leveling that is a roadblock to people playing here, if people don't play here they got other reasons for it. Like either lack of interest in the content provided.

It would really have no effect on old players, as most of them already got over 10 characters and are likely 7/10 bis geared already.

mcheka

#13 » Post by mcheka » 01 Oct 2015 06:01

Poll results (currently):
Yes! 3 9%
No! 29 91%

I love you TrueWoW. Don't ever change.

It's a big no from me as well.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Hansrutger » 01 Oct 2015 09:03

Regardless of effort putting into this thought, it won't be accepted. But we can always argue that adding this WOULD be blizzlike, just not for WotLK :^) *ifyouknowwhatimean*. With that said, the way you're putting it there it is just as Blizzard is doing right now on retail, all those points that you mention is what blizzard is getting for instant level 90 out of 100 or whatever they have. Just that you are suggesting instant level 80 for certain amount of vote points. I like the idea but I think in the length it wouldn't be that good.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

elementalice

#15 » Post by elementalice » 01 Oct 2015 10:46

u can get 80 in 3-4 days, with loooms, just depends if u know the qests, or if u use any addon to help u lvling.getting 80 is not hard at all,i remember i leveled my priest 15-40, just with rdf doing 2-3 rdfs per day,after i stop playng .lvling profesions i think it takes more time,lets say u will get that char instant 80, u will need gold to lvl profesions ,skills,buy some shit gears to join some rdf, also if u decide to join bgs?u will enter with 2-3k gs facing Sm and ful wf .it will be a pain for u and for other people .
u can get ofset wf and other partsh, doin60-69 bgs,70-79(more active brackets),some decent gear before joining raids, maybe gonna have gear enchanted and gemmed wich i doubt ,few people do that :D.So a big NO.