[Rejected] LK encounter - mass ressurection

Nyeriah

Re: LK encounter - mass ressurection

#31 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Sep 2015 04:17

Only Z position is checked, so it shouldn't matter to where did he disengage to.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#32 » Post by Hansrutger » 20 Sep 2015 10:33

Then I don't understand the problem scriptwise unless it is only checked in ICC so the hunter will disengage out of ICC. Could we possibly check for x and y too?
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

prodigy
Developer

#33 » Post by prodigy » 20 Sep 2015 17:56

hm, Nyeriah remove the GetAreaId() condition.. falling players will not be in the same area as LK after some distance...it should fix the issue.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#34 » Post by Hansrutger » 20 Sep 2015 18:16

prodigy wrote:hm, Nyeriah remove the GetAreaId() condition.. falling players will not be in the same area as LK after some distance...it should fix the issue.
If I think what that function does is correct it should be some kind of check. The problem here might be that if "GetAreaI()" condition is to check whether the player is in the same area as Lich King, then removing it will mean that everyone inside the raid will get summoned into raid - including people who are not included in those 25-players? I'm just thinking in theory, maybe that function does something completely else.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

prodigy
Developer

#35 » Post by prodigy » 20 Sep 2015 20:43

no, trust me... removing that should fix the issue.
the function only affects current raid members that are dead.the resurrection fails mostly because the corpse falls until it changes the area.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#36 » Post by Hansrutger » 20 Sep 2015 21:16

prodigy wrote:no, trust me... removing that should fix the issue.
the function only affects current raid members that are dead.the resurrection fails mostly because the corpse falls until it changes the area.
Okay change that on PTR and I'll be more than happy to test it out ASAP.
Retired

elementalice

#37 » Post by elementalice » 21 Sep 2015 09:12

palanib, i think hunters need engineering to succes disengage, if not let them not using at all that spell,for exemple resto druids,balance. shamans,dks, rogues(but not subt. ones),they just die :P.
also if he is having engineering and still fails to do 1 simple job, then he doesnt deserve achiv or any shit looot,i think hunter is the only class who gets far away from platform,like u explained in that picture if it can be called :P.

cherno666

#38 » Post by cherno666 » 21 Sep 2015 09:58

elementalice wrote:palanib, i think hunters need engineering to succes disengage, if not let them not using at all that spell,for exemple resto druids,balance. shamans,dks, rogues(but not subt. ones),they just die :P.
also if he is having engineering and still fails to do 1 simple job, then he doesnt deserve achiv or any shit looot,i think hunter is the only class who gets far away from platform,like u explained in that picture if it can be called :P.

Nope , you can disengage back with no engi , I did once and I was surprised as fuck.
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

elementalice

#39 » Post by elementalice » 21 Sep 2015 11:09

cherno, from how many attempts:D?

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#40 » Post by Hansrutger » 21 Sep 2015 11:31

Guys please. This is not about disengaging. It's about flying away from platform. Whether you do it by doing disengage, fail on shadowtrap, fail on sphere, fail on blink, fail on levitate, fail on engineering cloak. ANYTHING that will make you move toward ANY direction after being dropped WILL make your body float away and you won't get ressed. Please check the examples above for more info.
Retired

cherno666

#41 » Post by cherno666 » 21 Sep 2015 12:41

well idk from how many since I don't get to play hunter on LK much , always some other class needed more , but lets say I tried to disengage back like 4-5 times before I made it? other times were a great fail XD
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Nyeriah

#42 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Aug 2016 07:17

As far as I'm concerned this bug has already been fixed so I'll be moving this to rejected. In case not, please let me know, Palamaster.

Locking and moving.