[Rejected] LK encounter - mass ressurection

Hansrutger
Former Staff

[Rejected] LK encounter - mass ressurection

#1 » Post by Hansrutger » 14 Sep 2015 10:53

So after asking about some things about resurrection process in this thread (http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=30), I discovered, if players were correct on their statements, that High Lord Tirion or whoever casts that resurrection spell (Terenas) sucks and should be buffed! As a sidenote, I hope this thread will be taken seriously by staff and other TW members.

Brief explaination
There has been times when I was grabbed on Val'kyrs at the first few set of Val'kyrs and then when we killed him I was not eligable for the loot because I was most likely not in the same instance as you are when you kill Lich King. This made multiple people very frustrated and pissed off, not just me. And this has happened multiple times, you simply get out of range and is not in the same instance as the LK group.

Why do we need this?
Because of the policy we have, which should not be the main discussion in this thread by the way, staff members are not allowed/supposed to help out TW members when loot gets lost or when someone is no longer eligable for a certain loot item, unless it's the LK chest in the Shadowmourne quest chain. So just for people to be able to complain less, I believe staff should put more resources into making it babyproof to make players NOT be able to ask for loot assistance if staff is not going to help out to spawn items.

What are our options?
Do know that all these options are meant to work in theory and might not be implementable into the script. I for one believe anything could be implemented just depends on how much energy developers wants to put into it.

Option 1: Freeze the player
Once the player has reached a certain Y value (Figure 1.) the player simply gets frozen and velocity is set to 0 (if that is how movement is calculated in WoW, I am not sure but some other games have it work like that).

Criterias:
- The Y value of the fallen player should not be in reach for Harvest Soul (spellid 68985).
- The player has to die before being frozen just to make sure to not be summoned inside Frostmourne phase.

Option 2A: Increase the mass ressurection
Make so that basically wherever you could be even in different instance you get ressurected. Yes I know this is complicated and I do not really know how it would work but I figured it should be at least mentioned.

Option 2B: Increase the mass ressurection
Make everyone in the raid become resurrected and moved to the right location. This is problematic if you have more than 25 players at the same time in the raid.

Criteria
- If implementing this, you should warn players by creating a general topic about this so everyone has the chance of getting the information that raid leader and assistants are advised to kick anyone who isn't in the raid. Still makes it problematic and abusable however.

Option 3: When dead, move body
If you die by falling down, your body will be placed somewhere in reach of the resurrection but not in reach for being targeted for a rebirth by druids. Possible solution would be to put the body stuck inside the platform which would mean the body would be out of LoS (line of sight). Same thing as in option 1, once player reaches a certain Y value (Figure 1.) you will get teleported in a secured* place.

* you will be able to get resurrected at the roleplay but you will not be able to have a second chance in the fight.

Figure 1.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Wilcox

Re: LK encounter - mass ressurection

#2 » Post by Wilcox » 14 Sep 2015 11:30

option 3 seems the best of all to me, and of course I support this suggestion for obvious reasons.

Relina

#3 » Post by Relina » 14 Sep 2015 11:34

+1 any fix to this issue would be most welcome :).
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

cherno666

#4 » Post by cherno666 » 14 Sep 2015 11:41

+1 to solving this issue
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Justicelight
Donor

#5 » Post by Justicelight » 14 Sep 2015 14:14

+1, Very good ideas.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 14 Sep 2015 15:07

+1 For any but third is better.

ColdStep

#7 » Post by ColdStep » 14 Sep 2015 18:20

Wilcox wrote:option 3 seems the best of all to me, and of course I support this suggestion for obvious reasons.
+1

testeromir

#8 » Post by testeromir » 15 Sep 2015 09:37

+1 for idea 3. Remmember how after gunship fight is done, all bodies are teleported to the DBS teleporter. Maybe this teleportation can be done on LK too like this: when LK reaches 10 %, all bodies are teleported to the platform?
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Sep 2015 10:08

testeromir wrote:+1 for idea 3. Remmember how after gunship fight is done, all bodies are teleported to the DBS teleporter. Maybe this teleportation can be done on LK too like this: when LK reaches 10 %, all bodies are teleported to the platform?
Sounds like the easiest fix.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Hansrutger » 15 Sep 2015 11:52

I'm glad people are supporting this, I just hope developers and staff members take this also seriously and sees this as something that should be urgently implemented.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

BozoBog

#11 » Post by BozoBog » 15 Sep 2015 12:40

+1

Hope this gets fixed soon, this bug is getting really annoying lately, specially if you wipe for hours to grab a kill on LK 25hc and then you are not eligible for loot and you wouldn't even get achievement, just because Valk dropped you.
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

cherno666

#12 » Post by cherno666 » 15 Sep 2015 14:23

testeromir wrote:+1 for idea 3. Remmember how after gunship fight is done, all bodies are teleported to the DBS teleporter. Maybe this teleportation can be done on LK too like this: when LK reaches 10 %, all bodies are teleported to the platform?
I think that would require range increase, so might as well just increase mass ress range, as bodies actually float out of icc and you dont see that player in icc zone, and making teleport raidwise could make it abusable I think?
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

mcheka

#13 » Post by mcheka » 15 Sep 2015 16:14

+1, really great ideas. I know retail also had similar issues with players not getting credit, albeit not as much as TW. Even if this isn't Blizzlike, this is, in my opinion, one of the rare cases in which we should make an exception to being Blizzlike, because we have different requirements than retail. Specifically, a big goal we should have here is to minimize the amount of GM involvement. How many times have we "wasted" a GM's time over missing loot at LK? It would lower the number of tickets created. This applies to all LK modes - 10/25 and normal/heroic.

Option 1 or 3 sound doable, with 2 sounding like the hardest go implement without introducing abuse.

One potential issue, however, is that at some point, any fix may stop working temporarily during a core update that renders the proposed changes useless until a dev can figure out the merge or make changes that will work on the new core. During these times, raid leaders and members won't be careful about summoning first, not looting, etc because we'll be "spoiled" by the fixes. During these times (if they will happen), there will be a large influx of tickets and general complaining - much more than our current, already large amount of QQing.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Koriach

#14 » Post by Koriach » 15 Sep 2015 17:14

Well if it's possible I like the idea of people being ported up the platform after the Fury of Frostmourne cast but will this make people eligible for loot? When a valk drops you sometimes all you see is a bunch of nothing and as far as someone said once in-game if you don't see the platform and you don't see the recount changing it means that you are too far away and this might count as "out of encounter". :/

prodigy
Developer

#15 » Post by prodigy » 15 Sep 2015 22:41

@Hansrutger: those who die inside frostmourne..are they being ressurected ok?