[Rejected] Wintergrasp - Once or twice a week?

Would you like Wintergrasp twice a week?

Yes, it would be cool and I would totally give feedback for a super duper Wintergrasp! =D
70%
No, I am boring and a very gwumpy person. >:C
30%

Total votes: 37

Gnurg

[Rejected] Wintergrasp - Once or twice a week?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 09 Feb 2015 13:16

I did some testing on the PTR today by myself and to me it seemed like Wintergrasp functioned exactly like it did 2-3 years ago on a diffrent Trinity Core private server. When I tried it on the diffrent server, it was more or less on the same level as Strand of the Ancient is here. It is playable and contains the basics of the BG, like siegeing gates and capturing the Wintergrasp Fortress. It does have minor flaws, however those flaws will never be corrected when there are nobody to test and give feedback. As there is no way you will manage to get the needed ammount of players for a proper WG on the PTR, I would suggest testing on the live server. Ideally two Battles for Wintergrasp a week. One for Horde to siege and one for Alliance to siege.

I did see that opening Wintergrasp was rejected a year ago, however as this is mostly intended for testing, I was hoping to not get the same rejection message.
Content related suggestions are not valid, content is often deemed to be released once it's ready to be released. There's no point suggesting X or Y content to be released.
I recall that we did get the very same answer when we suggested this back on Bloodcraft 3+ years ago and I doubt Wintergrasp will ever be ready if we don't go for an approach like this.

Please do share your ideas on this! :)
Last edited by Gnurg on 09 Feb 2015 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: Wintergrasp - Once or twice a week?

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 14:18

The last testing results weren't as good as expected, it can't be put to live as it is. It may seem to work good, but in fact, it doesn't work that good when you look carefully into it. Just as I told Fastor last time he's brought this :D

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 09 Feb 2015 14:34

As long as it doesn't crash the server, I wouldn't see much of a problem having a somewhat unfinished battleground open for only two runs a week (less, like an hour a week would be good too). I know the developers are doing an outstanding job, however I don't see this being fixed without enough interrest from players who are willing to test and give feedback. And as I previously stated, that won't happen on the PTR, people are just too lazy for that. :/
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 14:37

Well, Fastor and others had tested this thoroughly. Personally (as I said in that thread that was rejected) unfinished battlegrounds aren't a good idea. They'll just lead to what SotA was for a long while (and we don't want that, players don't want that).

Wintergrasp is in the plans and I probably can fix most of the issues there is, but I can only do one thing at a time

toamuka
Donor

#5 » Post by toamuka » 09 Feb 2015 15:02

Give WG daily quests back! No moar weekly!

Hard get pvp gear naked 80.

Moe fun!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
When people think WoW is supposed to be a balanced game.
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE WG Quest Fix つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
[/url]

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 09 Feb 2015 15:11

I do still think that an Old-SotA-like WG a week would not be that much of a downer for the players. The players do aswell have a choice to join or not, so disliking the BG should not be a problem. SotA got plenty of feedback from it's early opening, that I am quite certain was useful when correcting it.

I do however not know how much trouble it would be to bring it to the live server and how many bugs that would come with it. That is something I got no insight on as a player.

As it seems it will not be implemented on the live server, should you need help testing, we could always try to assemble a group to try it out on the PTR.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

marko1984

#7 » Post by marko1984 » 09 Feb 2015 15:47

I bet that one vote against is Nye xD
Anw... it wouldnt hurt to get more feedback and this way u will have a lot of ppl testing it rather then 5 tops on PTR
But its your call :)
Three mages!

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 15:50

marko1984 wrote:I bet that one vote against is Nye xD
Anw... it wouldnt hurt to get more feedback and this way u will have a lot of ppl testing it rather then 5 tops on PTR
But its your call :)
I didn't vote. If people feel like testing this just hop on irc and we'll start wg at ptr

kermo14k

#9 » Post by kermo14k » 10 Feb 2015 18:04

Nyeriah wrote:The last testing results weren't as good as expected, it can't be put to live as it is.
This is by far the most twisted sentence on the forum... Yea sure it would be fun to have WG... might even bring back some people... But for example, let's take a look at shitty SotA? And how it manages to stay opened on live BG cycle with the major bugs it is having.
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Feb 2015 18:04

Major bugs like? I don't think you have been playing around lately

Dropdead

#12 » Post by Dropdead » 10 Feb 2015 22:29

With recent fixes sota seems quite good , only major and new bug i found is that scoreboard remains empty at the end of the bg (meaning no kills are displayed )

http://www.truewow.org/pvpstats/battleg ... p?id=11591
http://www.truewow.org/pvpstats/battleg ... p?id=11598

hope u can fix that quick :D

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Feb 2015 22:49

Dropdead wrote:With recent fixes sota seems quite good , only major and new bug i found is that scoreboard remains empty at the end of the bg (meaning no kills are displayed )

http://www.truewow.org/pvpstats/battleg ... p?id=11591
http://www.truewow.org/pvpstats/battleg ... p?id=11598

hope u can fix that quick :D
Thanks, it has been fixed, will be live after tonight's restart

Longi

#14 » Post by Longi » 10 Feb 2015 22:58

You cant do it once or twice per week. Wg fight is every 3-4 hours :-) dont remember coz of acces to VOA so in my opinion is this stupid idea :-D and well as CD project red doing with witcher 3. Rather later and well working thing than quickly and non working shit ( ehm EA ) :-D

Hmm btw WG was good working on twinstar.cz what I remember. Mby developers can try to get some scripts from there if possible teamwork or any deal with them.

lollypop

#15 » Post by lollypop » 11 Feb 2015 00:55

The sooner WG is available the better imho.