[Rejected] Lowering/Removing the ICC Buff

Roel
Founder

Re: Lowering/Removing the ICC Buff

#46 » Post by Roel » 15 Nov 2014 10:13

I have a simple suggestion. Just set it to 15% as a test and see how players react to it.

If people suddenly start to flame and leave the server, then we can just say that the test didn't work out and we set it back to 20%.
If people just keep playing like nothing happened then we can keep it at 15% and test 10% at a later time.

No harm is done if it doesn't work out as the staff is not claiming that the change was meant to be permanent.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#47 » Post by Kindzadza » 15 Nov 2014 10:31

Yea or even that.. However I don't think we should open a poll for this test period or whatever you wanna cal it, because like it was said earlier not everyone is gonna be involved in the results.

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#48 » Post by Liqueur » 15 Nov 2014 11:40

Alright, I finished reading through all the posts, so here's my opinion.
I full agree with Rag on this. All the arguments he brought up make sense, and were thought out. And I don't think they come from a "geared elitist" at all.
Now some of you may know my main and her gear state. I can honestly say I'm proud of that. It took me A LOT of hard work and even more time to get here, and it's a satisfying victory well earned. Not to mention I "grew up" back on spermik where we used to do Naxx and Uldu with the average GS of 4k. Those were the times.
But let's not forget the other 7 characters of mine, all in different gearing stages. Most of them had it easier than my main, but I never had any of them carried in any raid. As Disc mentioned as well, we don't take alts to ICC before they have proper ToC gear, and that's how it should be. Honestly I'm sick of seeing low geared alts getting carried to almost 6k in a day or two. What's the fun in that? No challenge, no difficulty.
So yes, I'd like to see the ICC buff gradually removed. 20% to 15%, 10%, 5% and eventually 0% seems like the best course of action. The time difference between these numbers may differ, I think speeding up the lowering process by the end would work out best, as for 15% and 10% we could even wait a bit longer, allow the fresh groups who are just about downing LK to have a few more weeks of practice for example.
I'm all for these guilds to be able to kill the Lich King as well. But I'm entirely against low geared people to get easily carried to that victory. As Rag already pointed out, people who complain about ICC25N being too difficult without the buff, have no place in heroics whatsoever. And I think with the buff being removed gradually, normal versions of the raid will still be fairly easy to complete. This way people will at least be forced to gear gradually, something that should be a standard but overlooked by the majority.
As for me, I will be happy to gear my upcoming alts in this manner.
As Liqueur has so many things by now, both gear and achievement-wise, I am focusing more on the rest of my alts, and from this point of view, I still fully support removing the buff over time, to have something to look forward to. As should the "lower geared" part of the population as well.
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

Gnoumy

#49 » Post by Gnoumy » 15 Nov 2014 21:20

+1 for removing the buff.

ino094

#50 » Post by ino094 » 16 Nov 2014 16:53

Focusing over stupid things like removing buffs , instead of fixing bosses in icc , to make it as it should be.
And lk 25 hc didnt fall without Hellscream buff never , not even Paragon did it .If u wanna do it , then make it as option on Hellscream , as it is on retail , so ppl can choose it ,if they want som exstra chalange , but the true chalange would be fixing sindy tombs and lk valks.
Last edited by ino094 on 16 Nov 2014 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Main:Tayrus
Alts: Rohim,Vanyaa,Treecow,Serbon,Ruby,Deathwish

Nyeriah

#51 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Nov 2014 17:01

ino094 wrote: fixing sindry tombs
Already fixed

ino094

#52 » Post by ino094 » 16 Nov 2014 17:04

Fixed? if are say when plz , cause i did icc hc day ago , and still stacking tombs , its not what i call fixed.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Nyeriah

#53 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Nov 2014 17:05

ino094 wrote:Fixed? if are say when plz , cause i did icc hc day ago , and still stacking tombs , its not what i call fixed.
You can try it at PTR, it was supposed to be fixed, as is, for the next update. Actually, even the val'kyrs are supposed to.

ino094

#54 » Post by ino094 » 16 Nov 2014 17:09

In PTR everything works fine , from uld to icc, classes and so on , but on normal serv it doesent.... but ok, hope to see it working form next week :) And hope to see every boss fully operateable in icc soon.

Roel
Founder

#55 » Post by Roel » 16 Nov 2014 17:29

Changing the buff is just a small tweak that requires a minute of work unlike such bug fixes, it's not one or the other.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#56 » Post by Myaoming » 16 Nov 2014 17:31

Roel wrote:I have a simple suggestion. Just set it to 15% as a test and see how players react to it.

If people suddenly start to flame and leave the server, then we can just say that the test didn't work out and we set it back to 20%.
If people just keep playing like nothing happened then we can keep it at 15% and test 10% at a later time.

No harm is done if it doesn't work out as the staff is not claiming that the change was meant to be permanent.
I'm with trying a 15% buff for 2 weeks or 3 to see how it goes. But I'm already getting negative feedback, lots of it.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

ino094

#57 » Post by ino094 » 16 Nov 2014 17:33

Ik , but reducing buff will only increase boss fight duration , and nothing else.. while fixed boss is a new chalange for most of ppl.

BozoBog

#58 » Post by BozoBog » 16 Nov 2014 17:34

We could also discuss about new name for server, True Wow does not seem appropriate anymore. That would be all I have to say about removing buff.
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#59 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Nov 2014 17:41

ino094 wrote:Ik , but reducing buff will only increase boss fight duration , and nothing else.. while fixed boss is a new chalange for most of ppl.
Very true point. Tactics are still the same however you need to add a bit more focus into doing everything perfect since you will need every single DPS to for instance staying alive. And with the current bugs, oh well... I rage equally to each time vile spirits happen to kill me when everyone gets pulled into FM. I have read all the posts just haven't decided what is best at the moment and what is best in the future. Clearly if we want to have something that a pug cannot complete, but then again comon', what is the probability of a pug being able to down LK25hc ever? Unless pug all the sudden means organized group of players that have somewhat more relation with each other than guildies with common tactics would.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Ragnorak
Donor

#60 » Post by Ragnorak » 16 Nov 2014 17:45

BozoBog wrote:We could also discuss about new name for server, True Wow does not seem appropriate anymore. That would be all I have to say about removing buff.
Outstanding point made, real glad you were able to contribute such a strong argument to this discussion.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!