[Rejected] Handling BG leavers

Sionna

[Rejected] Handling BG leavers

#1 » Post by Sionna » 25 Aug 2014 11:06

-Battleground leavers are an increasingly annoying problem atm. I don't blame most of them, who wants to stay through a beating... but on the other hand, it ruins any chance of a win (especially when every member that queues on alliance side is an asset... you won't get a replacement there... )

- As the title says, i suggest implementing any type of feature that makes staying through a battleground compelling ( deserter debuff is a joke in our situation ) . Punish them harder than a military boot camp .. 3-4 hour deserter debuff, or honor substraction (if that's even possible) .
- OR, if that approach is exaggerated , a good idea would be some reward for staying through the bg... till the end. Something desirable but not gamechanging : a certain amount of rep with the pvp faction for example.

I hope this is taken into consideration.
-Sionna / Syonna
Nothing really....

H Sionna , Selenya , Rurok , Sionn , Ionna , Arkhon

A Syonna

blagovest_tonev

Re: Handling BG leavers

#2 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 25 Aug 2014 12:11

Not every leaver leaves because his side is losing, and I doubt this is a blizzlike feature.

Sionna

#3 » Post by Sionna » 25 Aug 2014 12:20

Exactly, not all leave because they are losing. Some ( few though ) leave cause an issue popped irl. And that means they wouldn't mind an extended deserter debuff, being busy with rl problems. And when it comes to being blizzlike... that's why i suggested non "gamechangling" ideas. The rep for example : in earlier patches , you could easily farm rep with marks or honor. So an extra 50-100-or so rep wouldn't go off blizzlike charts.
Nothing really....

H Sionna , Selenya , Rurok , Sionn , Ionna , Arkhon

A Syonna

blagovest_tonev

#4 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 25 Aug 2014 12:30

The rep for example : in earlier patches , you could easily farm rep with marks or honor. So an extra 50-100-or so rep wouldn't go off blizzlike charts.
This sounds better than the increased deserter buff.

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Aug 2014 16:04

Hello,

Things like these have been suggested many times in the past months. The fact is that we see no reliability that any of these changes will actually give us any positive effect.

The extended deserter buff is arbitrary for whoever leaves through a legit reason and the extra reputation would benefit the ones staying but wouldn't really change anything regarding the leavers (most people don't care about reputations at all, specially those who leave halfway).

Thanks for your suggestion and concerns though, but this is likely going to be a rejection.

ItchyVortex

#6 » Post by ItchyVortex » 25 Aug 2014 16:58

Can a player get punished if i upload a collection of him joining a bg just to afk in stealth until its over?
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

belendor

#7 » Post by belendor » 25 Aug 2014 17:56

Idk what has to be done. but there have to be some changes. we are having 50+min waiting times. Leavers, afkers. Isn't there a better way to deal with this all?
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

perka

#8 » Post by perka » 25 Aug 2014 18:02

Such people exist everywhere and you can't really prevent such cases... only take some actions against them when such thing occur.

@Itchy
More or less you can, but keep in mind if that happened long ago and requires additional confirmation on our side it may be problematic for such cases. Doing nothing in BG for your team, sabotaging it or simple being afk fall under the same category and we try to take actions when we can against such behavior.

belendor

#9 » Post by belendor » 25 Aug 2014 18:24

Can't we use some LoL system? if some1 keeps harrasing some1 in bg you can report and they get a bg ban? same for afking ^^
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

perka

#10 » Post by perka » 25 Aug 2014 18:36

Such system would require building them from ground up which may turn from simple implementation to a nightmare since game wasn't design with such in mind. There is no simple solution and the potential workload is too much if we have to deal with too many reports at a time. It may result in having to add more stuff code wise to simplify/reduce the processing which as a result of that turns into a vicious cycle. :)

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Aug 2014 19:03

Such modifications aren't applicable. If the player keeps on intentionally afking then you may report him and we'll see what actions are the most appropriate to be taken.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Hansrutger » 26 Aug 2014 02:56

Meh I leave BG's like WSG when hordes decides to come up to the graveyard and not even give a chance for us to buff. What's the point of being in that BG then when hordes doesn't even seem to want competition.

Disagree with the suggestion, sorry. "I don't always leave, but when I do I've had no chance to even bubble before they kill me". ^^
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

ItchyVortex

#13 » Post by ItchyVortex » 26 Aug 2014 03:17

Leaving is not the problem, AFKing in stealth for 20 minutes leaving you with 1 less player is.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Kniteknite

#14 » Post by Kniteknite » 26 Aug 2014 05:02

it would be great to do something about dual loggers with out needing gm s in the bg , sick of seeing 1 or 2 less players on either side , mostly ally side, Seems like the same names keep popping up , it keeps happening because players know nothing can be done atm to stop it from happening, or to track these things , either in stats , ip addresses or accounts. You would think if a player joins a bg que they want to enter the bg and be involved with it. An hour for deserter and an afk reported kick would possibly give a chance to legit participants to play out a bg .
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Justicelight
Donor

#15 » Post by Justicelight » 26 Aug 2014 13:15

Hi, What if reporting a player as "AFK" by every member of the battleground (same faction) will result in moving the reported player out of bg instantly with a double timed deserter buff?

It has low chance of happening by any other desire or grudge between players other than being afk because will require all members of the same faction to make a report and in the same time it will prevent him by joining bg on the same char, and in the case he will log an alt he will get afk flagged there aswell.

From what I know the system automatcly kicks the reported player if he has some reports, but maybe it can be changed if ALL players report him to get a kick even if he is moving one yard.

What do you think? staff?
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."