Suggestion: Zul'Aman

Reunited

Suggestion: Zul'Aman

#1 » Post by Reunited » 15 Jul 2014 13:50

Hello everyone,

before I begin, I'd like to say that I am going to be as brief as possible and if something is left out or unsaid, I'll leave it for further discussion.

So, to get to the point, I have a suggestion to re-enable the timed event of Zul'Aman and make the Amani Warbear mount obtainable via the event, too.

I understand that this is not a completely Blizz-like feature to be implemented because that mount became unobtainable after some patch (don't remember exactly which one), however, players can still buy this item in the shop for vote points (which also makes it not so very Blizz-like). The reason I am suggesting this is that I believe that re-enabling this event could stimulate old-school raiding activity (as is with the Eye, the Raven god mount, and others, but with this event there would be more spice as it is a timed event, anyway).

If this appears not to be such a brilliant idea, maybe it could be enabled not permanently, but on certain occasions (annually for two weeks or every arena season for a week (at the beginning or the end of it)), like the Summer Festival, Halloween, Brewfest, etc. After all, many people have already got their achievements and the events are farmed mainly for easily obtainable gear or Emblems of Frost, so re-enabling the mount event could add more variety and colour to a certain event.

So, I believe that that's it for now. Comments and suggestions are more than welcome, please let me know what you think and if this is a reasonable suggestion to make.

Cheers!
Re

Fastor

Re: Suggestion: Zul'Aman

#2 » Post by Fastor » 15 Jul 2014 14:03

My suggestion is opposite.

Since there is no mount on the end of road, l suggest to remove timer.

Reason is in my strong believe that bug "encounter in progress" is made by it. Bug is noted only if someone exit and try to enter ofc.

Reunited

#3 » Post by Reunited » 15 Jul 2014 17:36

But other timed events work pretty well, for example, the one in ICC to rescue the dwarven agent or (although not exactly the same) the tribute runs in ToC, the chest spawns and the loot is there. I don't know anything about scripting and fixing issues like these, so this is more of a question, but would a timer fix be very difficult to make?

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 26 Aug 2016 21:41

ZulAman wont be hard as was at that patch so having event to get mount would be too easy go since mounts droprate at that patch with event done was 100%. It would be just get 4-5 people stick for one month and everyone would get mount.
Also would be poke in eyes to everyone who bought it already.
Let alone it would take time from devs to make it happen.
Oh and as you said this is not blizzlike. There are limits where l do agree that we should skip being blizzlike on some parts, but this is not it.

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 27 Aug 2016 11:22

The Amani War Bear is available to purchase in the Shop anyway as are other mounts which are no longer obtainable in game due to been removed as reward by Blizzard prior to patch 3.3.5

Morrigan

#6 » Post by Morrigan » 27 Aug 2016 11:41

However, rewards from the timed event are not available and with the introduction of transmog it's all the more reason to have it working

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 27 Aug 2016 16:47

Morrigan wrote:However, rewards from the timed event are not available and with the introduction of transmog it's all the more reason to have it working
There were more rewards? D:

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 01:20

To me it appears the player is intertested in the mount alone. It can be purchased from the vote shop and altering it so the event awards the mount would make it unfair for both players who raided it pre 3.2? and those who bought it with vote points. Can be rejected.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE