[Rejected] bg queues

frederiksena

[Rejected] bg queues

#1 » Post by frederiksena » 13 Apr 2014 13:54

as this is happening relatively often, that some ppl either dualbox or coincidentally
go afk and meanwhile bg join tab pops up and making such bgs very unbalanced
in certain cases if theres noone else to join from that faction, i thought if it wouldnt
help that we could somehow see names in bg queues. as an idea of seeking if it
was just coincidence that some player that is lets say playing bgs often but he
needed to afk or theres some certain player queuing and not joining purposely.

Fastor

Re: bg queues

#2 » Post by Fastor » 13 Apr 2014 14:34

Seeing names of who is in queue have both benefit and problems. I will name one problem that will counter all benefits, its "Oh shit this retard in queue, l wont queue" and also "Fuck we dont have 4 healers in queue, l wont queue".

But to create script that will trace IPs of people in current bg and autoban them if found a match, could be useful.

Ancestor

#3 » Post by Ancestor » 13 Apr 2014 15:16

10 ppl can have same ip, this doesnt mean they multibox

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 13 Apr 2014 15:31

Hm tho true, script can also have ignore list for such IPs. Also can check activity, tho this can be passed easy.

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 May 2014 04:33

I foresee negative outcomes for this such as the ones pointed by Fastor and we are mostly not very comfortable with autobans as they are not fail-safe. My opinion rushes towards rejected.

Mythilogic

#6 » Post by Mythilogic » 18 May 2014 11:02

Fastor wrote:Seeing names of who is in queue have both benefit and problems. I will name one problem that will counter all benefits, its "Oh shit this retard in queue, l wont queue" and also "Fuck we dont have 4 healers in queue, l wont queue".

But to create script that will trace IPs of people in current bg and autoban them if found a match, could be useful.
I don't like this. It's like the other guy says, there could be 10 in the same network without attempting to mb.

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Aug 2014 07:50

Rejected.