[Rejected] Monitor Battlegrounds

Chronic

[Rejected] Monitor Battlegrounds

#1 » Post by Chronic » 30 Aug 2013 23:19

It has come to my attention as well as many others that some are bug abuseing speed hacking and strait out cheating in battlegrounds. those that have noticed please support this idea to keep battlegrounds fair. I as well as many others have seen paladans running with the flag and have sacred sheild up or some other kind of cheating. I know it was sacred sheild because of the immune to attacks and when divine sheild is up you get some damage not the "immune" when you attack. I'm not trying to be a "snitch" its just that i feel that people need to play fair and it should be fair for all to have fun. Plz take my suggestion into consideration and for those who have seen these things happining please support this suggestion thanks
Death waits for no one, People wait for death and must keep themselves entertained while they wait

Chronic
Maldaki
Geekthefreak
Dameion

Polkic
Former Staff

Re: Monitor Battlegrounds

#2 » Post by Polkic » 30 Aug 2013 23:37

It is way around with paladins and their protection with bubbles. As soon as you see a cheater, take some SS and report them on this forums under correct section. They will be warned, banned and rebanned if they continue bug abusing.

Rehan

#3 » Post by Rehan » 01 Sep 2013 00:12

I assume that by "Monitor Battlegrounds" you mean having staff members either watch every battleground live or somehow save recordings of them so they can watch the BGs later, in which case both are quite impossible (from what I know)

However if you see speedhackers they should appear in the logs, so sooner or later they should get banned, as for doing something while they are hacking, not sure you can unless a staff member sees it himself.

As for bug-abusers you have to do what Polkic said and take snapshots of the players who are doing it and post it on the forums if you want them to get punished or wait until the glitches get fixed.

Intervention
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Intervention » 01 Sep 2013 23:47

I tend to jump into bgs every so often but it can be very time consuming. Regardless, it is also hard to monitor every player in there at once, i am bound to miss something.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Wokyu

#5 » Post by Wokyu » 25 Sep 2013 15:14

In these days a Pala level 70 is playing in the BG but it’s clearly hacked.
He suddenly become very little, run very fast and do a lot of damage…

I did a simple search on google and I think is using “The Hitchhiker’s Hack”, that have these and other interesting features (e.g. remove cooldown) …

I can also provide the name of this PG, but I’m not sure if this is the right place.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Bluebell » 25 Sep 2013 17:40

They're a twink.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

emsy
Former Staff

#7 » Post by emsy » 25 Sep 2013 18:10

Chronic wrote:It has come to my attention as well as many others that some are bug abuseing speed hacking and strait out cheating in battlegrounds. those that have noticed please support this idea to keep battlegrounds fair. I as well as many others have seen paladans running with the flag and have sacred sheild up or some other kind of cheating. I know it was sacred sheild because of the immune to attacks and when divine sheild is up you get some damage not the "immune" when you attack. I'm not trying to be a "snitch" its just that i feel that people need to play fair and it should be fair for all to have fun. Plz take my suggestion into consideration and for those who have seen these things happining please support this suggestion thanks
You have it other way around

Divine shield - sparkling bubble - immune
Sacred shield - less shiny bubble - absorbed + damage
Divine protection - no effect - 50% dmg taken

You can also get "Immune" message on spells that provide immunity to specific mechanics, but they are allowed to use while carrying a flag. The simplest example would be Hand of Freedom and Icy Chains

So please, before reporting a "hacker", check the spells correctly

GMs not always have time 24/7 to sit in bg, they have real lives as well .Therefore if you see a hacker in bg, make a short fraps video or a screenshot and report him here. "I saw a hacker but i will not tell who it is" does not help anybody.
Wokyu wrote:In these days a Pala level 70 is playing in the BG but it’s clearly hacked.
He suddenly become very little, run very fast and do a lot of damage…

I did a simple search on google and I think is using “The Hitchhiker’s Hack”, that have these and other interesting features (e.g. remove cooldown) …

I can also provide the name of this PG, but I’m not sure if this is the right place.
very little = noggenfogger elixir
big damage = full brutal set with wotlk enchants and engineering
fast speed = engi boots and/or perception of speed of small objects
no name = pointless report
no screenshot = why am i even replying?