[Rejected] killing lowbies (yes again) and PVE/normal server

Louis Wu
Donor

[Rejected] killing lowbies (yes again) and PVE/normal server

#1 » Post by Louis Wu » 21 Jul 2013 21:49

First of all, people who like pvp have been spoiled on this server: battlegrounds now even give xp so that you can level by not doing anything else than bgs. The realm of endless cookies, ...

On the other hand, people who simply like to play the game and have a good time, are neglected or even worse. If you look around lately at places where a lot of quest givers are grouped, you can't miss the player skeletons being stacked foot high. These sites are being camped by high level players taking out low levels over and over again.

Is this what you really want for this server to be ?
High levels killing newbies over and over till they leave the server ?
High levels raiding cities just to kill the bankers and AH people, and not for killing the kings ?
People playing BGs and coming out to the rest of Azeroth only to be jerks ?

How about some etiquette?

Quote from the main web page:
Online: 571 Max online: 782
Accounts: 68325 (53345 Active)
Characters: 142395

You do the math...

So, finally, what about us, people who want to play the game?
Why not convert the realm to normal/PVE so both groups can enjoy playing here: people who like pvp have the battlegrounds, the arenas and the cookies, while the others can play the game, doing the quests, learn the skills, ...

So far my 2cents.
Cheers
Louis Wu - visit us at Ringworld

Daryl

Re: killing lowbies (yes again) and PVE/normal server

#2 » Post by Daryl » 21 Jul 2013 23:27

Getting camped is part of the game. It's a preparation for the inevitable future.
And like anyone would tell you, just call some level 80 to help you out.
You can conclude that i'm against your idea.

Polkic
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Polkic » 21 Jul 2013 23:47

Remember the names that camp you and come back for them once you are powerful enough. Take revenge. Kill and camp their guildies, take down their cities, kill their questgivers. Make them pay and suffer for what they have done to you...

Daryl

#4 » Post by Daryl » 21 Jul 2013 23:59

Rain terror upon them.
Sacrifice their souls to the dark lord.

Relina

#5 » Post by Relina » 22 Jul 2013 10:08

Polkic wrote:Remember the names that camp you and come back for them once you are powerful enough. Take revenge. Kill and camp their guildies, take down their cities, kill their questgivers. Make them pay and suffer for what they have done to you...
U might want to avoid killing quest-giver npc's ( u can get banned for that ).
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Daryl

#6 » Post by Daryl » 22 Jul 2013 10:18

You only get banned if you camp them for a long time. Because zone disruption
You're allowed to kill them occasionally

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 23 Jul 2013 17:37

I say for each lowbie you kill, you lose 10 leves and all gear, and all gold, and all mounts, and all the icecream in your freezer, and all your friends, and your wife, and your kids, and your favorite blanket. :|

But seriously, normal camping shouldn't be bannable ( up to one hour).
Excesive camping (over one hour) should be punishable.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Raxxo

#8 » Post by Raxxo » 23 Jul 2013 18:38

I think people may camp to a limit.
I'll tell a little story about myself.
I was leveling on my druid in Northrend when I saw some Alliance mage scum leveling on the same spot as me.
Although he was stealing the NPC's I had to kill, I just /waved at him and let him go since he was 3 levels lower. I am a peaceful player while leveling :)
But then the Alliance scum tried to be a brave PvP player by starting to attack me while I was killing a mob.
Needlessly to say I turned on him, killed him and corpse camped him the next 15 minutes from the air.
Fucking Alliance pussies trying to kill me while I'm occupied. I will fucking corpse camp you all day long next time.

Etro
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Etro » 23 Jul 2013 18:59

Honestly, i don't see why not to give more options to the players. Like choosing when they want to play some PvP or not without stepping in the other player's wishes.

Besides, and personally, i wouldn't mind not getting killed when i go AFK. But maybe that's just me.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Bluebell
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Bluebell » 23 Jul 2013 19:26

Ironically, being camped by higher levels is probably one of the most blizzlike things we have.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 23 Jul 2013 20:25

Blizzard has PvE realms too...

But "Blizzlike"... :roll:
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Kaatt

#12 » Post by Kaatt » 23 Jul 2013 20:41

It's a pvp server..... Getting camped or ganked is just part of the game... To be honest that's part of the fun of it. I've been camped many times in many different areas, and a ton of others have too. There will always be people ganking lowbies who in turn jump on their 80's and take their revenge with a group if they can gather one. It's not really a big deal.. It's not that hard to Rez at the healer and hs to go to another area and lvl until the ganker gives up..

Just my opinion

Etro
Honorary Member

#13 » Post by Etro » 23 Jul 2013 22:03

Louis Wu wrote:(...)

So, finally, what about us, people who want to play the game?
Why not convert the realm to normal/PVE so both groups can enjoy playing here: people who like pvp have the battlegrounds, the arenas and the cookies, while the others can play the game, doing the quests, learn the skills.

(...)
It's a PvP server, but that's the exact thing this suggestion is aiming at; to change it to PvE.

In a PvE realm ganking/camping would not be part of the game. People that wants to do quests, to explore, to gather mats for their profs, to hunt achievements, they could do so peacefully. And so, people that wants to fight other players could join arenas, BGs, or turn their PvP flag on in the open world.

I don't understand why it is so important to some the ability to disrupt someone else's gameplay. Just make the realm a PvE one - which, BTW, is called by Blizzard the "Normal" type - and let people joy the game without ruining the joy of others.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Myaoming » 23 Jul 2013 22:13

The idea of "PvP server" is not having level 80s camping lowbies, but it still takes part of it. The idea was world PvP. On a PvE server you can't kill the other faction while leveling.

Anyway, how can people get camped? The only two campers that you can't get away from at 40+ are Paladins and Unholy DKs because their mounts are faster...
Instead of complaining because you got camped once, take a small break (10-15 mins) then relog and play. Who's that no lifer that is gonna wait that long?
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Etro
Honorary Member

#15 » Post by Etro » 23 Jul 2013 22:48

I don't see why anyone has to gank/camp or be ganked/camp at all.

Blizzard has this problem dealed with having both PvE and PvP realms. Sadly, we can only hold 1 realm with 200 people average (don't quote me on that). The thing is, that only one part enjoys this setting; the gank/campers. In a PvP realm you're giving those kind of players the privilege.

The main subject of PvP are BGs and arenas which both are still in place in a PvE realm. A PvP realm only adds the mandatory ability to engage in PvP in the open word, which is mostly taken advantage by disrupting the PvE acitivities of other players. Because if the player were in search for PvP activity, the best place to find it is in arenas and BGs. In this server players can't escape that setting unless it is by leaving or never joining at all.
Myaoming wrote:(...) Who's that no lifer that is gonna wait that long?
I met quite a few when i was leveling Etro and Enyo. That's what they do.
There was even some guy that would go to SW and kill the auctioneers and bankers all day... Although that is allowed in a PvE realm as well, it is an example of for how much time people can enjoy annoying the players.
Last edited by Etro on 23 Jul 2013 23:39, edited 1 time in total.