[Rejected] Killing Lowbies

smithis

[Rejected] Killing Lowbies

#1 » Post by smithis » 15 Jul 2013 17:52

As I understand it, if you kill a player much lower than yourself you gain no honor points. This does not stop bored idiots roaming around killing people trying to level. Surely there is a better way to entertain yourself, rather than making life harder for other users trying to level.

Might I suggest that killing anybody much lower than yourself incurs a penalty (a harsh penalty). Perhaps loss of honor points, removal of gear or gold.

I welcome any thoughts on this subject

Polkic
Former Staff

Re: Killing Lowbies

#2 » Post by Polkic » 15 Jul 2013 18:08

Extremely game breaking and not as intended by blizz. If i want to farm you, i will farm you as long as i want or as long somebody stops me.

Daryl

#3 » Post by Daryl » 15 Jul 2013 18:14

This is out of question. You're playing on a PVP blizzlike server may i remind you.

smithis

#4 » Post by smithis » 15 Jul 2013 19:18

Not saying PVP should be removed. I'm saying that having Level 80 characters sitting killing Level 15 characters makes it impossible for anyone to level.

It is totally impossible for the Level 15 to do anything about this. Surely it would discourage this behavior if there was a penalty for doing it.

As far as I can see there is no benefit for anyone with the current system. If it becomes impossible to Level the population will suffer. Why would you continue on this server if Leveling was impossible?

It seems to me that this idea would at least give people a chance to Level their characters.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Bluebell » 15 Jul 2013 19:32

Will never be implemented. World PvP and even lowbie camping is a fundamentally Blizzlike aspect of a PvP server. The best I can suggest is to ask for help from players of your own faction.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 15 Jul 2013 19:41

Think everyone has been repeatedly ganked while leveling on some character but this also occurs on retail, sometimes you will find people use 80s in retaliation for someone having ganked there own character while leveling even though some players will do this just for fun even though victim wont find it funny, killing anything that is killable is allowed with the exception of if you cause zone disruption by doing so (ie repeatedly killing quest giver npcs so players cant level in a given zone in normal way).

But affraid as already said you are playing on a pvp realm not pve where world pvp is not allowed unless player is flagged for pvp.

As said find other players of your faction to help, asking other players in guild may be a good start.

Sanity

#7 » Post by Sanity » 15 Jul 2013 20:15

smithis wrote:Not saying PVP should be removed. I'm saying that having Level 80 characters sitting killing Level 15 characters makes it impossible for anyone to level.

It is totally impossible for the Level 15 to do anything about this. Surely it would discourage this behavior if there was a penalty for doing it.

As far as I can see there is no benefit for anyone with the current system. If it becomes impossible to Level the population will suffer. Why would you continue on this server if Leveling was impossible?

It seems to me that this idea would at least give people a chance to Level their characters.
As far as I remember, until lv19-ish, so certainly at lv15, everyone levels in an area friendly to his faction. This means at that level your PvP flag should have been off unless you have been messing around yourself.

smithis

#8 » Post by smithis » 16 Jul 2013 12:30

Ok for the sake of the argument lv15 or lv19, lets be honest lv57 you still have no chance against a pre pubescent moron with nothing better to do.

Darchrow
Donor

#9 » Post by Darchrow » 16 Jul 2013 12:36

hey smithis, what's your ingame name? :)
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily