[Rejected] level 5 channel requirement

Velasong

[Rejected] level 5 channel requirement

#1 » Post by Velasong » 15 Jul 2013 10:34

We've had this for a while,it seems to work well enough.But something i've wondered is,why do players that have been here for a while(or came here from the merges) have the same restrictions on their characters?This is probably a minor thing,but it seems somewhat unnecessary with actual players.
Would it be possible for a check to be made with accounts,something along the lines of 'if you have a level 20+ character your characters can use global channels from level 1'

Drago

Re: level 5 channel requirement

#2 » Post by Drago » 15 Jul 2013 11:14

It's a little frustrating but it's meant to prevent spamming world with ads, links (such as Thunderfury etc..), mute dodging and going to your opposite faction to do this, I know it seems silly because you can just level to 5 and do these things but you'd be surprised how many cases of these things this restriction prevented. Also its just level 5, so it's not the end of the world :3
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Etro
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Etro » 15 Jul 2013 11:22

This feature is set by the CONF file of the trinity core and there's no option to make exceptions according to the account info. A custom script and option could be put, but, IMO, it is not worth for just 5 levels.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Velasong

#4 » Post by Velasong » 15 Jul 2013 11:31

Drago wrote:It's a little frustrating but it's meant to prevent spamming world with ads, links (such as Thunderfury etc..), mute dodging and going to your opposite faction to do this, I know it seems silly because you can just level to 5 and do these things but you'd be surprised how many cases of these things this restriction prevented. Also its just level 5, so it's not the end of the world :3
All points that make sense,but lets face it.if someone wants an alt just to chat with the other faction,i doubt they'd want to bother leveling,even if it would only take like 30 mins or less to get to level 5.
Personally,i have no problems with it,but i know some people that do,hence this suggestion.
Etro wrote:This feature is set by the CONF file of the trinity core and there's no option to make exceptions according to the account info. A custom script and option could be put, but, IMO, it is not worth for just 5 levels.
I agree it's not worth it,but since a few people i know find it annoying when you're an actual player here,i made the suggestion.
I tried explaining to them why the restriction is in place,but some people can be stubborn.
Since you've both provided further reasons why it should stay the way it is,i think it's safe to say 'let this topic die and get lost amongst the pages'.

Drago

#5 » Post by Drago » 15 Jul 2013 12:25

Lol, be a bit more optimistic. I was very angered when this restriction took place but after time it sunk in and nobody even bothered with it anyway, and well, it's even less than 30 minutes to ding level 5 :D
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 15 Jul 2013 12:32

The intention of this restriction is to stop people just making level 1 chars to spam, dodge mutes, advertise other servers , you are actually lucky on some other servers you have to be like level 15-20 before you can speak on channels or whisper another player.

This cuts down on spam as people are less likely to level a char if they know its just gonna get banned, some people still do though but it does act as a deterrent.

Drago

#7 » Post by Drago » 15 Jul 2013 12:38

Doctor_J wrote:The intention of this restriction is to stop people just making level 1 chars to spam, dodge mutes, advertise other servers , you are actually lucky on some other servers you have to be like level 15-20 before you can speak on channels or whisper another player.

This cuts down on spam as people are less likely to level a char if they know its just gonna get banned, some people still do though but it does act as a deterrent.
I guess you didn't read my first post :| *hides in a barrel*
ImageImage

WTFNESHA
Former Staff

#8 » Post by WTFNESHA » 17 Jul 2013 09:26

Terrible news for my level 1 Rogue twink :(

Kaatt

#9 » Post by Kaatt » 17 Jul 2013 15:51

WTFNESHA wrote:Terrible news for my level 1 Rogue twink :(

Well I'm assuming you'd be lvling it up to at least 19 to be a twink... So you should have no problem lol

I think it's a great idea personally too many people make new chars at lvl 1 just to spam. This would hopefully deter them

WTFNESHA
Former Staff

#10 » Post by WTFNESHA » 17 Jul 2013 16:49

It's meant to be level 1 twink forever! :3

Kaatt

#11 » Post by Kaatt » 17 Jul 2013 21:23

Lol and what praytell is the point of a lvl 1 twink 0.o you can't do BGs until 10

Myaoming
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Myaoming » 17 Jul 2013 22:41

Hogger! And it's a pimp. Twink can be people's hobby ;o
I also like level 1 twinks, as well as 19s, 59s, 60s, 70s, 79s :)
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

WTFNESHA
Former Staff

#13 » Post by WTFNESHA » 17 Jul 2013 23:45

I can levelup my skinning for more crit, and herbalism for more heal on level1.
I believe there is no level 1 toon that can beat my level 1 twink :D

Anyhow, lets get back on the topic,
I can't find opponents for my twink since i'm unable to use channels :(

Polkic
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Polkic » 17 Jul 2013 23:51

I suggest a new premade channel with disabled level restriction. That way people can join it at own risk and official channels are not effected.

Daryl

#15 » Post by Daryl » 18 Jul 2013 00:08

such a channel would either be forgotten, or eventually totally replace world ( most probably forgotten ). I'm against that idea as it serves no real purpose.
Besides, none would actually join that channel imo...
I say just keep it the way it is. It has done more good than bad.