A temporary solution to Char transfer from TW to PW

Danielkerr

A temporary solution to Char transfer from TW to PW

#1 » Post by Danielkerr » 26 May 2017 20:04

I want to see a temporary fix for transfers from Tw to Pw.

A Transfer from Tw that is very harsh as to meet with what would be fair on PW
Transfering chars from 60-80 Being given basically a template char of level 60 probably in need of a rename
Stripped pets, mounts, gear, kills, profs and achieves. Anything that makes that character unique as you would receive the same template as any other transfer 60-80

Tho many people will see this as unfair for the things the worked for, Those chars with meaningful achieves will wait on TW for a possible solution in the future.
In the meantime almost everyone on Tw has a lowbie alt that they would transfer knowingly losing the char on TW

If a template format was set up I believe a tool could be made to delete the toon on TW and add a template char on PW
The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

Nyeriah

Re: A temporary solution to Char transfer from TW to PW

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 26 May 2017 20:56

This is already being worked on

Gadoschi
Donor

#3 » Post by Gadoschi » 26 May 2017 21:38

Wouldn't it be possible to let characters migrate from TW and letting them keep everything by simply adding a lvl 80 condition to all items added in wotlk (mounts, pets, items) or something similar?

That way you could keep all your progress, but you wouldn't be able to use those items until the server reached WotLK stage.

Even though I very much fancy the idea of TBC content on WotLK client, I am hesitant about leaving last 8-9 years of my life (my lvl 80 characters) in the dust and starting all over on some random char template.

I even prepared TBC gear on some of my characters hoping I would be able to move them, but I don't care whether TBC gear gets transferred or not. WotLK client is easy enough that gearing won't be an issue at all.
Last edited by Gadoschi on 26 May 2017 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 26 May 2017 21:41

We'll do something similar to that for Stormhold likely.

Transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW will receive templated characters.

Gadoschi
Donor

#5 » Post by Gadoschi » 26 May 2017 21:44

Perhaps a good idea for TW>Stormhold would be to link items to achievements.

For example - adding "must have previous tier achievement to equip" for items.

I'm not sure if that's doable though.

If that could be done, that would mean you get to keep everything, but e.g. you cannot equip your old icc25hc items until you have defeated icc25n LK.

It does pose the problem of inventory and bank space though :D

Having all old gear, and 2 specs with new gear :S
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm