[Accepted] Cross-faction mail

Roel
Founder

[Accepted] Cross-faction mail

#1 » Post by Roel » 20 Dec 2012 14:42

This got recently suggested, you can see the previous discussion about it at:
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7992
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7948

Spermik had it and Bloodcraft has it. If we don't allow this then I need to give all Bloodcraft accounts 300 web points just like we did with Spermik, that way they can change the faction of one character to get their items and gold at the right faction. So a decision should be made as fast as possible.

I didn't make a poll out of this because it's just a bad way of getting feedback and will look for different ways. For now everyone should explain their opinion in a post, good arguments count.

Cover25

Re: Cross-faction mail

#2 » Post by Cover25 » 20 Dec 2012 14:44

If that's the case, allow it for a week. Then turn it off.

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 20 Dec 2012 14:46

Cover25 wrote:If that's the case, allow it for a week. Then turn it off.
That's not an option because not everyone will log in during the first week. Bloodcraft players will come back even months after the merge. Even now I am recovering Spermik characters every week and each one of them gets 300 web points.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Kindzadza » 20 Dec 2012 14:48

I am against it..Maybe just between characters on a single account,nothing more.

Intervention
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Intervention » 20 Dec 2012 14:50

i say just stick with the flexible 300 web points. I don't really have a proper argument as to why not the faction mail other than it's not really blizzlike but it's just not necessary in my eyes and i can look at it from a staff point of view and see stupid trolling/harassment mails incoming and then tickets asking for assistance against someone annoying them.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Arockalypse
Donor

#6 » Post by Arockalypse » 20 Dec 2012 15:34

Intervention wrote:i can look at it from a staff point of view and see stupid trolling/harassment mails incoming and then tickets asking for assistance against someone annoying them.
If someone wants to harass a player from another faction, he can easily log another toon from that other faction, and do what he wishes.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Darchrow
Donor

#7 » Post by Darchrow » 20 Dec 2012 17:10

i'm against cross faction mailing / trading as well
give em 300vp like you did with our beloved spermik players
that's just my opinion :3
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Torie

#8 » Post by Torie » 20 Dec 2012 18:02

I can completely understand the importance of Web Points. Without people voting for the server it would really hurt advertisements on the top 100 vote sites. I can understand why the thought of just changing the mail system around so that not giving points may increase the need for Bloodcraft members to vote.

With that being said, I am a Bloodcraft member until merge. I done my research on what is in the vote shop for rewards, not only that but customization, transfers... etc. We on Bloodcraft have never had any of that stuff. We never had any form of vote rewards on Bloodcraft.

Will giving 300 Web Points hurt as far as getting people from Bloodcraft to vote? No it won't. Many times over players at BC suggested/begged for a vote shop. Many people from Bloodcraft are already deciding what faction they want, or some of the ones not interested in faction change are looking at mounts.So what I am getting at is, I would not base the decision of cross faction mail over 300 web points.

Want another big reason? Keep reading.

A lot of Bloodcraft members left server in the last year, guild fulls transferred to another server. Them same people still have their accounts at Bloodcraft. We are expecting some of them to be coming over to TW if not a lot of the members we lost. Allowing them to change faction or buy a mount, maybe a very inexpensive way to get them on this server and try it out, play with their character a little, and hopefully stay. After all, a lot of the people that transferred, still pop in to keep their account active.
So in ways, you can also look at the 300 web points as being a little advertisement scheme as well.

Hero_kris

#9 » Post by Hero_kris » 20 Dec 2012 22:02

Well guys to be honest I didnt read all the comments above because I am really tired but from the majority I saw the only possible problems are hate mail, mad heirloom people and not being blizzlike - now first hate mails can easily be send by switching to a hero on the other faction, so that is not an issue, second just because some people had to vote for extra heirlooms doesnt mean that a change shouldnt be made for the future - after all there are always fixes that come with testing and time and those fixes are for the best - and in the ''worst'' case those people can be compensated with a little vote points but I am not sure if that ll happen and finally about ''not being blizzlike'' - now we perfectly know that we cannot replicate Blizzard a 100% and we do not need to because (now this is a bit cheesy) we have to try to be better than them and after all sending items is possible with the Neutral Auction House so dont you think it is a bit stupid this way ? - It takes more time to have to go to the NAH than simply mailing your items to you other char. Also the word ''blizzlike'' has lost a bit of its shine since Blizzard is two expanisons ahead. I guess that this site is made exactly because people dont want it to be exactly a 100% ''blizzlike'' but as close as possible and fixing stupid rules is a good part of not being a 100% ''blizzlike''. And about ''sending mails to your enemy'' - enemy really? Well following that logic why has Blizzard allowed players to make characters from both factions and not just from one? Isnt that ''playing for the enemy" ?

And for the cross-faction chat - I expected such reactions, but it is a pity to be honest ... after all WoW is a game and we should play it with ''sportsmanship'' , insulting each other simply makes the free time we spend playing this game for fun not fun but even annoying. If you ask me the cross-chat is possible but it would require the GMs to tell the players not to insult each other and also to demonstrate their power of authority if the players do so.

And again as I said in the post for multiboxing - in the end a post with all the pros and cons of cross-mail and cross-chat should be made so people can see it clearly and decide.

Good night and I apologise if I have made a mistake or havent read someone s comment - Ill do it tomorrow when I have the energy.
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.

Tuffeyy

#10 » Post by Tuffeyy » 20 Dec 2012 23:21

I don't see why this shouldn't be implemented. Cross-faction mail that is.

However, if the only reason is to allow BC to move around their gear then there is not much point.

If you are looking outside of the server transfer though:

When I was a moderator here, it was unbelievably useful to be able to mail my other characters on the opposite faction, and other people in general, be it for staff purposes or my own reasons.

(Call it perks of the job, it is one of the few staff get, along with cross-faction whispering xD)

I used to get very dissuaded from levelling up characters on the opposite faction of my main, just because you would basically have no aid from your main character, as apart from AH trade, there was no easy way to transfer your stuff.

There is no negative backlash from faction-mail, it just isn't entirely necessary as it will not create anymore of an enjoyable blizz-like experience, it will just make peoples lives easier. But if making you life easier is the philosophy here then that is just a short path to a fun server being created

Cross-faction chat is a bad idea in general, as Roel said, there is a lot of PvP hatred and raiding cities will literally become impossible because it would take on person to say it on global chat to ruin the raid (obviously people can still log on the opposing faction)

TL;DR Cross-faction mail yes, Cross-faction chat no.

Intervention
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Intervention » 20 Dec 2012 23:47

Hmm between one account would be okay. But not between other accounts. Eh...
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Shaeligator

#12 » Post by Shaeligator » 21 Dec 2012 04:04

Intervention wrote:Hmm between one account would be okay. But not between other accounts. Eh...
I still think this is the best idea, but it seems far too much effort.
It was proposed that cross-faction mailing should be allowed for everything excluding text.
That way players would still have to log/create a character from the opposite faction and abuse them the old fashion way. I'm still strongly against faction-wide mailing if text is available.

Romer

#13 » Post by Romer » 21 Dec 2012 10:28

Hi guys, I am new to this sever and enjoy it very much, I use to Play on the RTK sever but it close down, 2 years wasted :cry: so I have been "sever- hopping" and atlas found a sever whit a real challenge 1x XP rate.......It's my first time I am accusal leveling in the game.

I am all for Cross-faction mail. ;) We all understand it just a Game..... but it's my game and how I want to play it. If I want to mail my Hord Toon some gear I looted , It should not be a problem, its the convenience of cross-faction mail that matters... and it is soooooo convenient. In my opinion its always a good idea. As for cross-faction texting .....Mmmmmmmm, maby not, to many hot-heads will get in to trouble for "hate mail" lol .But give it a try, it's not so bad, really, you might even come to love the idea . Cross-Faction mail was never a problem on all the other severs.......(I know :" new house, new rules", TW is not like other severs.....don't go there), but I just feel its a very good idea. There is no way that cross-Faction mail will have any influence what so ever whit the game play itself. and its such a small little issue , no one will even take notice of it.

I must confess myself and my family( 2 sons and my brother and his son) was quit surprise to find this sever doesn't allow cross-faction mail.....first impression was it's a bug on the sever itself. :lol:

After saying that: Yes, yes: Romer and Arrowgant are one of the oldest , maby even the oldest on the sever but you kids remember ........WE ARE NOT OLD, JUST OLDER :x ......love saying that :lol:

But back to topic Cross-faction mail is a good idea and always will be.....there I said it ;)

Yebomaycu

#14 » Post by Yebomaycu » 21 Dec 2012 11:53

Why are you making such a big deal about it?
So, lets say, I have human pala and orc warrior on my acc, and i want to send some money/items from my human to orc. This is what would I do:
1. Make new lvl 1 human/Night Elf/... w/e it doesnt matter.
2. Send money/items from my human pala to that new lvl 1 char.
3. Go to the TrueWow webpage, and change faction of that lvl 1 char to the horde (since its free till lvl 80).
4. Send that money/items to the orc warrior.
5. Enjoy, you saved your 300 vp-s.

Regardless of that beeing said, I would still like to have Cross-faction mail allowed.
I would also like Cross-faction chat to be allowed (but its doesnt matter since it will never happen here -_- )

:D

Hero_kris

#15 » Post by Hero_kris » 21 Dec 2012 12:12

Yebomaycu there is even a faster and more convenient way XD - with simply the Neutral Auction House - it doesnt even require to go to Truewow s site and you dont need to change your faction every time you have to send items . But I like your way of thinking - it is a new way of getting items across XD.
Well I agree on the "It was proposed that cross-faction mailing should be allowed for everything excluding text. " - my main point is to allow it for people to be able to send their other faction heroes items and gold - it isnt a big deal because it would be the same if you had 1 80 from the same faction.
As for being a short path for a fun server - well Tuffeyy you have a point there but if you think of it what is the point of not allowing it since it is already possible - dont you think that we should concentrate our time on levelling, dungeoning, raiding , doing BGs and doing arenas rather than running around and switching from char to char to get those items - isnt the main point of the game to level your char , do Raids , BGs and Arenas and to enjoy yourself with other people? And after all, you cant call allowing mails to be a short path of a fun server because it is a minor thing , but an annoying one.
Also the best thing would be if it was only for your own account , but as I see it may be a little hard to settle that. But even if it was account - account I dont see the big problem with it except for the so called hate-mail - after all you can do that easily with making a level 1 of the opposite faction. And guys when I was on Spermik and both cross-mail and cross-chat were allowed that kinda stimulated the economy but it was because there werent a lot of players. Anyway my point is that account-account can also help the economy but it will be almost useless in that way without the cross-chat. And I understand about the hate but I think it can be controlled by the GMs... but let s leave that one alone.But I have to ask - isnt there a way to create only one channel which to be only for Trade for both factions - and that channel first must be entered by the players so that way a player cannot be sure if the one he wants to offend is there - and also I think if it is a channel only for Trade a GM can easily keep track of what is happening (of course there could be added the opportunity to be able to ask for more people to join the queues but that is another thing).
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.