[Accepted] Cross-faction mail

Hero_kris

Re: Cross-faction mail

#61 » Post by Hero_kris » 24 Dec 2012 12:17

Sight... I could continue both the topics but it seems there is no point if there are people entangled only in their own opinion and simply want theirs at all costs. Just saying that not to be opened to new ideas is a bad thing and eventually will drag you back. Myao it was nice writing to you but since you dont want to continue the topic Ill stop here then. Anyway wasted too many time on a useless post rather than playing WoW. Happy holidays to you all.
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.

prodigy
Developer

#62 » Post by prodigy » 24 Dec 2012 16:47

Roel,for your server i wouldn't recommend enabling crossfaction chat.Reasons are obvious and no good will come from it with for TW.In our case it was only done when the online population was lowered and just keep in mind we moderated the chat to a family friendly environment.No swearing at all.BC was shaped in other manners.
And anyway,this topic is about mail,not chat.
As for cross faction mail,this can help leveling chars and economy and yes,personal gain for chars.Cross mail chat never brought any issues for us.But,again,seeing that hate mail was brought into discussion,well,this all comes down again to kind of players you have.We,at BC always understood this is only a game and treated it as such.If the majority of your players can't behave like normal ppl,then i suggest you just lock these topic and forget about it.Other then that,i support the idea of cross mailing.For us it improoved gameplay,from the player perspective.

With respect,Prodigy.
Current host of Bloodcraft.

Darchrow
Donor

#63 » Post by Darchrow » 24 Dec 2012 16:49

prodigies wrote:Roel,for your server i wouldn't recommend enabling crossfaction chat.Reasons are obvious and no good will come from it with for TW.In our case it was only done when the online population was lowered and just keep in mind we moderated the chat to a family friendly environment.No swearing at all.BC was shaped in other manners.
And anyway,this topic is about mail,not chat.
As for cross faction mail,this can help leveling chars and economy and yes,personal gain for chars.Cross mail chat never brought any issues for us.But,again,seeing that hate mail was brought into discussion,well,this all comes down again to kind of players you have.We,at BC always understood this is only a game and treated it as such.If the majority of your players can't behave like normal ppl,then i suggest you just lock these topic and forget about it.Other then that,i support the idea of cross mailing.For us it improoved gameplay,from the player perspective.

With respect,Prodigy.
Current host of Bloodcraft.
Roel would never allow cross faction chat
as for cross mail, yea it has its ups and downs
but i don't really know where i stand on this matter yet
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Shaeligator

#64 » Post by Shaeligator » 24 Dec 2012 17:21

Well, I've taken the liberty of writing a list that may help solidify people's opinions on the matter.

Positives:
·Players can send gold and gear to their alts/friends on the opposite faction
·Players can speak with the opposite faction, without it being public. So if someone were to abuse another, it wouldn't decrease the 'moral integrity' of the World chat.
·It may help to World Events, PvP and Roleplaying by allowing players to organize such things with players of the opposing faction.

Negatives
·Abuse from PvP
·A lot of people seem to have the mindset of "cross-faction mail and chat are the same, give us cross-faction chat too" which means you could probably almost guarantee more forum topics about the chat
·Slightly less Blizzlkke

Obviously I haven't covered everything, just the main points.
I also haven't elaborated much because tbh I'm tired and its hard to type on my phone xD
Hopefully this is somewhat helpful and springs some more conversation about the pros and cons of cross-faction mail. Subsequently, ending in a final decision of whether or not we should implement this.

:D

Tuma

#65 » Post by Tuma » 29 Dec 2012 15:38

I just think mailing within an account is another tool to manage your stuff. No need to chat to other faction, but you can move gold and gear to help your lower alt level faster.

KingOfPredators

#66 » Post by KingOfPredators » 08 Jan 2013 23:58

Cover25 wrote:That's a lot of emotion and opinion on your post.

Btw, there is no trade/lfg/pvp channel. It's called world.

Im not sure about population here, but it seems that having only "world" for trading/lfg/chatting already making me to never change realmlist and delete wow But even with 50 players online its always easier to use separated channels since you can disable them/put them in other window/put different color.

And as for topic, just as prodigies said "Everything depends on players".

Intervention
Former Staff

#67 » Post by Intervention » 09 Jan 2013 01:03

We had seperate channels for everything. Then people were like no we don't want seperate channels we want to use it for no matter what and then we reduced to world and made all these changes and yadda yadda here we are.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Doctor_J
Developer

#68 » Post by Doctor_J » 09 Jan 2013 21:31

Well I think separate channels for trade and lfg are better as results in less spam in world and if you are not interested in trading or using channel to LFG then you dont need to join those channels but can still chat on world d:

Think this maybe an idea again since population is due to grow again too d:

Drago

#69 » Post by Drago » 09 Jan 2013 22:13

Lol, if you check the drama happening over someone accidentally posting LFM icc10n in Trading or WTB 5 stacks of Silk Cloth or w/e in world, etc. and being muted short afterwards, you would've understand why this happened, and changing something that's already so used and so simple is just unnecessary at the moment, it is when we will have more than 300 players on one side ofcourse, but remember not all of the players are talking out of the current 150 online on each side, and only a small part are spamming/advertising/capsing/using racist words or insult someone etc. so don't rush to make that idea, because as Iv'e seen before, someone will bring the idea, a poll will be made and there's a big chance like 50 players will vote and the rest will complain after the changes made, which will be really tough to control or maintain peace under these circumstances. About Cross-Faction mail, bad idea, not blizzlike, a simple no, and it's ab-usable since players can make titles or sell items and get gold way faster than before, for example if you have a horde rogue, and you can farm heavy junk boxes, you could then send them to your ally and save the work of doing it there, or re rolling an alliance rogue so you can actually send them the normal way.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Arvit

#70 » Post by Arvit » 09 Jan 2013 22:19

On horde side we still have trading and lfg but almost noone uses it because they don't know about it or just use world.

Doctor_J
Developer

#71 » Post by Doctor_J » 09 Jan 2013 22:48

Drago wrote:Lol, if you check the drama happening over someone accidentally posting LFM icc10n in Trading or WTB 5 stacks of Silk Cloth or w/e in world, etc. and being muted short afterwards, you would've understand why this happened, and changing something that's already so used and so simple is just unnecessary at the moment, it is when we will have more than 300 players on one side ofcourse, but remember not all of the players are talking out of the current 150 online on each side, and only a small part are spamming/advertising/capsing/using racist words or insult someone etc. so don't rush to make that idea, because as Iv'e seen before, someone will bring the idea, a poll will be made and there's a big chance like 50 players will vote and the rest will complain after the changes made, which will be really tough to control or maintain peace under these circumstances. About Cross-Faction mail, bad idea, not blizzlike, a simple no, and it's ab-usable since players can make titles or sell items and get gold way faster than before, for example if you have a horde rogue, and you can farm heavy junk boxes, you could then send them to your ally and save the work of doing it there, or re rolling an alliance rogue so you can actually send them the normal way.
Well sure most people know about such things especially the players who came to Spermik as heard quiet a lot as people where suprised what they could do here what they couldn't do on Spermik d: things like what you say using wrong channels been as there was only 1 channel in use here, spamming and swearing on channels, trading accounts (yes this was not allowed on spermik either due to number of people who got scammed), disrespecting staff but that was easier to deal with as players did not know (or where not meant to) know staff play characters but some people got found out d: very similar to bc atm.

Arraj

#72 » Post by Arraj » 16 Jan 2013 11:12

Hte long posts so i'm just gonna make it easy for you... Cross-faction mail ???

Answer is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSudpyEU9w
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

djoka

#73 » Post by djoka » 16 Jan 2013 20:19

as far as i cnow hairloom items can sand in mail to oposite side and in thet maill you can put gold and any other things, thet is only for same acc ( sorry for bad eng ) :)
Last edited by Guest on 16 Jan 2013 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Pausas

#74 » Post by Pausas » 16 Jan 2013 20:20

As u guys know on spermik we had both cross faction chat and mail active, and we lived in quite a nice community, u can all ask around, we used to be known for having one of the best community around private servers.
Now on a personal note, i'm all for cross faction mail, i've allways been for it since we came here, same for cross faction chat.
With the time we've been here i came across new faces, some ppl that remind me of those we had on spermik, and some new ones that are difrent from everything we had there, wich managed to change my opinion about cross faction chat. At this moment, cross faction chat would hurt the server more than it would actually improve us.

But notice i mentioned only the chat, because i believe the cross faction mail is a good thing that imo, should be implemented here, regardless of the population growing or the fact that "it's not blizzlike so nvm it".
Shaeligator wrote:Positives:
·Players can send gold and gear to their alts/friends on the opposite faction
·Players can speak with the opposite faction, without it being public. So if someone were to abuse another, it wouldn't decrease the 'moral integrity' of the World chat.
·It may help to World Events, PvP and Roleplaying by allowing players to organize such things with players of the opposing faction.

I think this list pretty much explains the pros, except for 1 small detail, because i seriously doubt this will increase the ammount of "abusing" mails across the server. We had this feature back on spermik, and in the time i've played there, i received 0 insulting emails from any of the factions, even during the time i was an active pvper.
This feature will save time for those that wish to send stuff cross faction, and will also improve the trade market, as it will allow the C.O.D. feature to be used cross faction aswell.
Shaeligator wrote:Negatives
·Abuse from PvP
Like i explained above, i highly doubt that the mails between factions will cause any kind of war flame between faction members via emails. If someone really is that hurt to insult someone because of his pvp actions, i'm pretty sure that person would just log a lvl 1 char on the opposite faction and whisper the person, instead of sending a mail and having to wait for an answer.
Shaeligator wrote:·A lot of people seem to have the mindset of "cross-faction mail and chat are the same, give us cross-faction chat too" which means you could probably almost guarantee more forum topics about the chat
This will be true at a point, but most likely on the few days/weeks of the feture becoming live. After a while people will simply resignate to the fact that cross faction chat wont happen here on any near time. Those who dont realise this will sadly keep doing it, but those are the same that create a forum topic over something like a ticket not being answered in 5mins, or because 1 mob is stuck in evade in some deep corner of elwynn forest.
Shaeligator wrote:·Slightly less Blizzlike
This is not a reason to stop something that will not affect the server in a bad way. Good changes are allways welcome, and in this particular case, not being blizzlike is a good thing. (True, when something huge and totally unblizlike appears, this argument is valid, as afterall we'r a blizzlike server. In my opinion, this is not the case.)

In short, I'm positive towards cross faction mail, this feature will improve gameplay in many direction as i explained above. As for cross faction chat, this would hurt the server more than it would improve the comunity. I'm against it, for now.

PS: sorry for any mistakes i might have committed here, i hope my point is clear enough :)
Currently playing retail
Pausas - Level 80 Human Warrior
Solareon - Level 80 Draenei Shaman

Zacharon

#75 » Post by Zacharon » 05 Feb 2013 21:05

I am for removing cross-faction mail/trade since there is a neutral ah @ bootybay.
Whitecastle LEVEL 80 PALADIN TANK / DPS / HEAL
Swarovski LEVEL 28 PRIEST LEVELING