[Accepted] What should we do with the channels?

What should we do with the channels?

To delete the 80s' channel and make the /world channel a channel for everything again
50%
To stop moderating channel purpose once and for all, it would mean that all channels could be used for everything, the blizzlike way
41%
Keep the channel system the way it is with /world /LFG and /80s
10%

Total votes: 103

Heihachi
Developer

[Accepted] What should we do with the channels?

#1 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Jun 2012 02:16

We want to know what all you players would like for the channels? Leave a comment and let's us know!

Nexxus

Re: What should we do with the channels?

#2 » Post by Nexxus » 15 Jun 2012 03:22

Voted for: To delete the 80s' channel and make the /world channel a channel for everything again.
So far best choice to me :D

Alexandros

#3 » Post by Alexandros » 15 Jun 2012 05:24

I voted for "To stop moderating channel purpose once and for all, it would mean that all channels could be used for everything, the blizzlike way ". It is similar to the first option but just more etensive. It doesn't limit itself to just /world and as the option says it is how it is supposed to be, like in retail.

Velasong

#4 » Post by Velasong » 15 Jun 2012 07:17

Alexandros wrote:I voted for "To stop moderating channel purpose once and for all, it would mean that all channels could be used for everything, the blizzlike way ". It is similar to the first option but just more etensive. It doesn't limit itself to just /world and as the option says it is how it is supposed to be, like in retail.
if one more person says what im thinking ima scream :D

Bluebell
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Bluebell » 15 Jun 2012 10:51

Seeing as this affects virtually everyone on the server it should be advertised on the channels. Pretty sure most of the player base won't vote. This poll will be affected moslty by staff members and people who may not even play anymore.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 15 Jun 2012 11:18

Will do that and post on Facebook and the news as it is a major change.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Nexxus

#7 » Post by Nexxus » 15 Jun 2012 11:53

Btw first option will show that we actually have people on. It wont be like: Anyone here? Yep, yep, yep we are here ect.
WIth only 1 channel there will be constantly something that people would talk about and it will be even good for newbies who join our server :D

I hope someone know what am i talking about here ;s

Arnoxis

#8 » Post by Arnoxis » 15 Jun 2012 12:44

fuse option one and two and i will learn c++ and apply as scripter for this server!!!

Elrithran

#9 » Post by Elrithran » 15 Jun 2012 12:46

Voted for delete 80s channel and make the /world channel a channel for everything again.

Roel
Founder

#10 » Post by Roel » 15 Jun 2012 13:09

I believe the blizzlike way wouldn't work here because of the lower population. People could make multiple custom channels but they wouldn't be able to keep them as populated as world.

Arnoxis

#11 » Post by Arnoxis » 15 Jun 2012 13:13

who cares? in the end theyll all use world for that stuff it solves itself like flowing water

Intervention
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Intervention » 15 Jun 2012 13:58

Roel wrote:I believe the blizzlike way wouldn't work here because of the lower population. People could make multiple custom channels but they wouldn't be able to keep them as populated as world.
Arnoxis wrote:who cares? in the end theyll all use world for that stuff it solves itself like flowing water

Exactly. Everyone will use world rather then a custom channel. What is stopping someone from making custom channels now? Same thing really.

There are a number of channels on retail yet everyone use /trade for EVERYTHING.

If option 1 is chosen, i will personally leave alliance80 and horde80 and talk on world, ask for everything on world etc. because that is the channel that matters. Activity on that channel means so much and i think it is a vital chat channel for the server.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Arnoxis

#13 » Post by Arnoxis » 15 Jun 2012 14:14

i think there should be an option 4 which fuses the first 2, that will also make decision for the people that dont want moderation and one channel for all a lot easier

Intervention
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Intervention » 15 Jun 2012 15:31

Do not get 'moderating channel purpose once and for all' confused with general channel moderation. We will still moderate channels for spam, language, racism and so on.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

narcissa

#15 » Post by narcissa » 15 Jun 2012 15:36

won't*