PvP or PvE realm?

Megaprime19
Donor

Re: PvP or PvE realm?

#46 » Post by Megaprime19 » 30 Aug 2020 14:44

Pve. Also can the PvP vendors on primal be adjusted to sell their gear for standard honour points as the launch is just around the corner. Thanks.

Bloodshade

#47 » Post by Bloodshade » 30 Aug 2020 17:50

what the fuck, if you don't want to pvp noone is making you, if you are afraid of random ganks - what are the odds of those happening frequently with the current pop?... another shot in the leg for the server if you do this(if there even is a leg at this point) :D :D :D .
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

AveryFaring

#48 » Post by AveryFaring » 31 Aug 2020 03:10

I'd definitely prefer PvE, as the ruleset is one of the reasons I started playing on Primal. There are scant few PvE servers available in the private server community as it is, I'd hate to see another go.

lex182828

#49 » Post by lex182828 » 01 Sep 2020 01:01

AveryFaring wrote:
31 Aug 2020 03:10
I'd definitely prefer PvE, as the ruleset is one of the reasons I started playing on Primal. There are scant few PvE servers available in the private server community as it is, I'd hate to see another go.
Roel wrote:
26 Aug 2020 19:37
This is the question we need to ask for the merge. A PvP realm merging with a PvE realm means we will listen to what the majority wants. For those who don't know, this settings only affects world PvP in contested/enemy territory:
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/PvP_realm

While some may still have strong feelings about this, in reality there is hardly any difference at our server. Especially since we went full cross-faction, there is hardly any world PvP. But it still has a symbolic status and it's important to consider which one will retain the most players and attract new players.

Please vote by replying here. An explanation for your vote and any discussion will also be considered, not just the number of votes. This will stay open for a while so take your time.
PVE: If you want to PVP, keep your flag on. I enjoy getting gear and working together to overcome challenges. Thank you!

LethalPenguin88

#50 » Post by LethalPenguin88 » 01 Sep 2020 07:56

PvE for me

I have never really enjoyed PvP

Doctor_J
Developer

#51 » Post by Doctor_J » 01 Sep 2020 11:15

Megaprime19 wrote:
30 Aug 2020 14:44
Pve. Also can the PvP vendors on primal be adjusted to sell their gear for standard honour points as the launch is just around the corner. Thanks.
Vengeful and brutal gear will be available for honor with no rating requirements anyway as they are already on tw rating/ap only required for wrathful weapons and wrathful main set items

Joh0239

#52 » Post by Joh0239 » 01 Sep 2020 19:16

I'm not a big PvP:er and I was sceptic to remove PvP type from TW since for long it's been the soul of TW. This server started as a PvP server and have always had it in it's core. There's been a culture around it which tends to happen.

But the situation as it is now, the people who visit us aren't PvP players, they are PvE and we need to cater to them.
Majority of PvP servers are usually insta 80 with free furious gear so everyone can jump into PvP straight away, and the main point is to PvP with a little PvE to the side. TW is not like that and have never been. Players who are after PvP will join the type of servers mentioned above. As of now TW loses new stream of players for something that doesn't even exist, which is world pvp.

Those who feels like PvPing can just flag for it, but with this population you're lucky if you come across another player while leveling. So TW have nothing to lose in changing type, the current TW population wont notice the difference, old players who'd disagree with this left ages ago and deserve no vote.

IMPORTANT: PvP/arena will still happen and are left unchanged, going PvE server will just remove WORLD PVP which is non existent atm

So, +1 in going PVE
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Nyeriah

#53 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Sep 2020 22:45

Sometimes I wonder, why are there no other PvE servers around?

But:
Eronox wrote:
27 Aug 2020 13:48
PvE, kind of already is since full xFaction
It's rather true. Given the current population and the crossfaction content, it's kinda already PvE. Whatever choice is made won't matter for you in any way. In the past I'd say sticking to PvP would be the better choice because that seems to be what private server players usually favor, but in this case it doesn't really matter, if people decide not to join they won't do so solely because you're a PvE server, but for other reasons.
Last edited by Nyeriah on 01 Sep 2020 23:32, edited 3 times in total.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Floss

#54 » Post by Floss » 01 Sep 2020 22:46

PvP

oonagh

#55 » Post by oonagh » 02 Sep 2020 02:20

PVE

And i wish TW staff dont influence the vote ...

skyx

#56 » Post by skyx » 02 Sep 2020 08:17

The most logical choice is:

PVE - if crossfaction is still required.

PVP - if the population ever increases to healthy numbers and crossfaction can be disabled.

So PVE it is.

oonagh

#57 » Post by oonagh » 02 Sep 2020 12:00

Reminding you that PW players are also TW ones ... as you dont seems to show that those days. So call for all players to vote not only one server ... Reminding you also that all decisions taken so far are in favor for TW as your wishes are.

+ i didnt say TW staff cant vote, just not call for a side or another.

Roel
Founder

#58 » Post by Roel » 02 Sep 2020 13:04

Staff posts have been removed as I asked them not to vote on this public poll.

Siisz
Donor

#59 » Post by Siisz » 02 Sep 2020 14:39

Since I does not make any difference for me but it seems to matter to a lot of people on Primal. I am voting for PvE. It does not matter because of cross faction and the size of the population, but here is my vote.
Mother of Raiders on the Storm: Siisz, Siiz, Siis, Siisliciousz, Siiszlyne, Siiszalian, Siizees and many more.

azmage

#60 » Post by azmage » 02 Sep 2020 17:06

I vote for PvE as well (big fan), although I'm here only since August :D
It's great for RP and closer to my original experience from retail WoW.

But I'll accept the final decision, whichever realm is being chosen :tick: