Remove Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest from Random Battleground rotation.

Regent
Tester

Remove Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest from Random Battleground rotation.

#1 » Post by Regent » 05 Feb 2020 20:18

Hi,

Just as the title states, please remove AV and IOC from the RBG rotation.
We've given them a shot after my last suggestion was accepted.
However, it's still not viable, even after the change.
Spending hours trying to win one for a meager amount of honor points just makes one not want to play anymore.
It's just not fun at all to do that while there are other activities with far more to gain and aren't as tedious.

Let only WSG, AB, EotS and SotA pop from RBG.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks.
Last edited by Regent on 15 Feb 2020 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

nikkal
Donor

Re: Remove Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest from Random Battleground rotation.

#2 » Post by nikkal » 05 Feb 2020 20:25

Absolutely yes. People just leave /stop que when they see AV or long lasting Bg's as such. And it's obvious we get a lot more WSG/ab or Etos once they start poping.

paroliak

Re: Remove Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest from Random Battleground rotation.

#3 » Post by paroliak » 05 Feb 2020 21:35

+1 too please.... if people are up for it we can queue specific for these aforementioned bgs but in random queue it kind of just hinders the flow of continuous BGs.

I would argue though that IOC is still relatively 'easier' to complete partially due to short distances but AV is just massive. My recommendation would be AV for sure, IOC not so much. But I'll take anything that can make pvp better... Thanks.

m0t3k

#4 » Post by m0t3k » 05 Feb 2020 22:10

+1, AV is the current killer of PvP in TW.

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 06 Feb 2020 09:31

could just remove the deserter debuff for leaving those bgs instead
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 06 Feb 2020 11:26

Kniteknite wrote:
06 Feb 2020 09:31
It's better to just disable the battleground instances or you'll get placed in these whilst queueing, then ending up in everyone leaving and back to the queue.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Joh0239

#7 » Post by Joh0239 » 06 Feb 2020 23:00

-1. Selfish reason, I find AV to be the best BG in the game, even when run with few players. Yes, I admit that some people don't want to que rbg when they see AV or IoC, but you can't cater to everyone.

If we remove some bg's cuz people don't like it, then there could be a case to remove certain dungeons from rhc aswell cause people leave when they get CoS or HoR aswell.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

natnat123
Former Staff

#8 » Post by natnat123 » 07 Feb 2020 02:43

Eronox wrote:
06 Feb 2020 11:26
Kniteknite wrote:
06 Feb 2020 09:31
It's better to just disable the battleground instances or you'll get placed in these whilst queueing, then ending up in everyone leaving and back to the queue.
The battleground wouldn't be disabled, just removed from the RBG list (specific would still be available).

paroliak

#9 » Post by paroliak » 07 Feb 2020 18:10

Joh0239 wrote:
06 Feb 2020 23:00
-1. Selfish reason, I find AV to be the best BG in the game, even when run with few players. Yes, I admit that some people don't want to que rbg when they see AV or IoC, but you can't cater to everyone.

If we remove some bg's cuz people don't like it, then there could be a case to remove certain dungeons from rhc aswell cause people leave when they get CoS or HoR aswell.
You are right, Zorty… it is a cool rbg no doubt, something different and tactical from capping bases/flags. However, it's just to remove it from random queue. It will still be available to queue specific. And if and when we have enough people we can encourage to come queue for AV.
Starting AV with 4 people (assuming 5th didn't join) or left... it's just loads of running around trying to find people and getting honor points. Even if BG is closing soon, it just left to capping mine or if you are lucky to have a tank/hunter/heal in a group kill mini and be done. That's not the way of AV, atleast imo.

Also the dungeon argument is short cause we have like idk 15-20 dungeons, and if you get CoS/HoR that's just luck, whereas in BGs it's pretty much inevitable after 3-4 Bgs.

Regent
Tester

#10 » Post by Regent » 07 Feb 2020 19:42

Comparing the removal of AV/IOC from RBG to the removal of COS/HOR from RHC is like comparing apples to oranges.
One is a PvP activity with absolutely dismal rewards for the amount of time and effort it requires to succeed.
The other is a very lucrative way to farm gold, emblems, gear, disenchanting materials and even honor points (via Stone Keeper's shards from every RHC boss).

RHCs have a fixed (and guaranteed) amount of rewards, along with quest progression.
You can spend hours doing AV/IOC and not get enough honor points to buy even 2 epic gems from the PvP vendors.
Compare that to just doing a weekly WG quest that gives you as much honor points (if not more) as a reward + Stone Keeper's Shards which can be cashed in for even more honor points.

I've personally done a 4 hour AV and got only 19k honor points from a victory (all enemy towers destroyed + killed enemy captain + enemy boss whilst controlling almost the entire map).
For reference, 1 epic gem costs 10k honor.
19k honor for a 4 hour battle is pathetic (considering all the attacking, defending, camping and sheer amount of traveling involved).
You can spam RHC for 4 hours and get much more Stone Keeper's Shards to cash in for honor (at the current 3x rate that's 6k honor per WG commendation).
Combine that with the sheer amount of Emblems of Triumph (Emblems of Frost from the first run) and the gold / disenchanting materials you get, the gains don't even compare to AV/IOC.

Simply put, the comparison isn't fair and thus, not a legitimate justification.
If AV and IOC at least benefited from the current 3x honor rate (to let players earn 50k-60k honor from a 4 hour battle instead of only 15k-20k), I could see the merit of letting them stay in the RBG queue.
As it currently stands, it's not worth it.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

Justicelight
Donor

#11 » Post by Justicelight » 08 Feb 2020 07:43

+1 to Regent`s suggestion. :tick:

Joh0239 wrote:
-1. Selfish reason, I find AV to be the best BG in the game, even when run with few players.
For someone who played around 4k BGs on Truewow, I can agree that AV is one of the best BGs. But, if this suggestion gets a positive score, the "Dedicated" - "selfish" players will still be able to queue specifically for AV or IOC, as this suggestion is just to remove AV/IOC from the RBG option and not to disable them entirely.

Also, for those who love playing AV/IOC, I suggest this, aside Regent`s main topic: reduce the requirement for AV/IOC specific queue to 4 players; this can go on par with the implementation of Regent`s suggestion.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Kniteknite

#12 » Post by Kniteknite » 11 Feb 2020 01:03

Justicelight wrote:
08 Feb 2020 07:43
+1 to Regent`s suggestion. :tick:

Joh0239 wrote:
-1. Selfish reason, I find AV to be the best BG in the game, even when run with few players.
For someone who played around 4k BGs on Truewow, I can agree that AV is one of the best BGs. But, if this suggestion gets a positive score, the "Dedicated" - "selfish" players will still be able to queue specifically for AV or IOC, as this suggestion is just to remove AV/IOC from the RBG option and not to disable them entirely.

Also, for those who love playing AV/IOC, I suggest this, aside Regent`s main topic: reduce the requirement for AV/IOC specific queue to 4 players; this can go on par with the implementation of Regent`s suggestion.
+1 to JL's suggestion. :tick:
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Psychotic

#13 » Post by Psychotic » 12 Feb 2020 19:46

bigups

Joh0239

#14 » Post by Joh0239 » 15 Feb 2020 13:39

Regent wrote:
05 Feb 2020 20:18

Let only WSG, AB and EotS pop from RBG.
Nothing more, nothing less.
So we will remove Sota too?
Justicelight wrote:
08 Feb 2020 07:43
Joh0239 wrote:

Well, removing them from RBG list, is equal to shutting them down, it's hard enough to get RBG started, which can take hours. Having people que specific for AV or IoC wont happen, same reason people rarely que AB or WSG specific when not enough in rbg que.

Having 2v2 AV can only be completed if you get dream comp with heal + tank/plater with tank gear, the more people required in the bg increases the odds of getting someone who can heal or tank, without it, it's not possible. But AV and IoC wasn't meant to be played with such low players, and the support for removing them is far greater than keeping, as I knew it would be, but I still had to voice my opinion, selfish or not.

But if we do remove them from rbg list, we should be aware that it will kill AV/IoC bg from happening at all.

Having an actual PvP scene on TW is far more important than the Bg's themselves, and if more people keeps queing knowing you will never get AV/IoC than it's the best thing to do for all of us.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Regent
Tester

#15 » Post by Regent » 15 Feb 2020 13:46

Joh0239 wrote:
15 Feb 2020 13:39
So we will remove Sota too?
My mistake.
I forgot to include it (shows how insignificant I find that BG as well lol).
Added it now.

Regards.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.