Remove the cooldown from Dungeon Finder tool.

Regent
Tester

Remove the cooldown from Dungeon Finder tool.

#1 » Post by Regent » 17 Oct 2018 17:21

Today's update (17th of October, 2018 - approximately 5 hours and 51 minutes prior to this post) brought a Blizzlike feature to TW.
This feature is a 20 or 30 minute cooldown that prevents players from queuing up for RHC (with the Dungeon Finder tool) after they've been matched to a group and they go in.

Refer to this article under the "Leaving a group" section:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Finde ... ng_a_group

First off, this cooldown is supposed to be removed if the final boss dies - this is not the case on TW.
You get a cooldown anyway and can't immediately queue again until it expires.

Second, on a realm like TW where the population is already low, it's completely UNNECESSARY.
It's unhealthy for the server to put additional frustration upon players who already struggle to gear up after hitting 80 and don't happen to have access to good raids due to time or any other constraints.
Preventing them from queuing with a cooldown between runs only makes that worse.

It's bad enough that we already get IDs from the dungeon finder (for RHCs).
5 man heroics are not supposed to give IDs when you queue through the dungeon finder but it does on TW anyway.
This limits players to 16 maximum RHCs per char in a 24 hour period. This is already enough of a limitation.

Therefore, I suggest that you please revert/remove this feature a.s.a.p. and allow players to queue RHC as much as they like, just as before today's update.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Relina

Re: Remove the cooldown from Dungeon Finder tool.

#2 » Post by Relina » 17 Oct 2018 23:59

+1 we really don't need more limits beyond the biggest limit that tw/pw faces (its low pop).
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Andromelech
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Andromelech » 18 Oct 2018 01:39

I am 100% with Regent in his suggestion .. it has my full support.

Benedictus
Senior Game Master

#4 » Post by Benedictus » 18 Oct 2018 12:18

+1, Don't see any reason for this limitation.

paroliak

#5 » Post by paroliak » 18 Oct 2018 18:15

+1, Can we please also remove the IDs on rhc as well? After pos/fos and maybe Hor with real good grp (and low gear dps), it's very hard to actually gear up per day. And I admit some days I play more than the other and on those days I am just sitting duck after those rhcs hoping to some1 make a raid on off hour!!
I have 'geared' up to raiding level gear 3 chars now and it takes really long time to get there, as Regent said, it includes my limited time I can offer to play on off hours on weekdays and raiding hours on weekends.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#6 » Post by andriuspel » 19 Oct 2018 22:05

I reworked its functionality for next update, it can be turned off by simple switch.
So, on next update, this will get turned off but with option to get enabled on higher pop.
About LFG binding, i'll try to implement that just after my exams in college
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.