[Accepted] (PRIMAL) Allow access to Kael'thas and Vashj without killing all other bosses.

Serplanter

[Accepted] (PRIMAL) Allow access to Kael'thas and Vashj without killing all other bosses.

#1 » Post by Serplanter » 27 Jul 2018 20:45

Hello!

I suggest that with the release of Black Temple bosses leading up to Kael'thas and Lady Vashj become optional.

This change became active in patch 2.4.0, but I think it would be healthy for the server if it was released with Black Temple, as it will allow for new players to become attuned to Hyjal, and in turn Black Temple, quicker and not require two raid nights to accomplish.

The other option could be to remove attunement for Hyjal, but this would just cause undergeared players to enter Black Temple which is not helpful. Rather allow the option for quicker attunement with gear along the way. This would move focus from running old raids attuning players to progressing through content.

A lot of players are absolutely sick to death of SSC and TK. This change would give some peace of mind to players that have been around for a long time if it means not having to run full SSC and TK runs. I can see a big problem with trying to force veteran players to keep running SSC and TK parallel to the rest of the expansion. People will just stop turning up, and new players won't get attuned.

It is good for new players joining the server. Yes, they might miss some content in T5, but instead allowing faster and easier access to T6 content and on, which is the climax of the expansion.

Best Regards,

Eronox
MVP

Re: Allow access to Kael'thas and Vashj without killing all other bosses.

#2 » Post by Eronox » 27 Jul 2018 21:05

This was intended afaik,
not sure if it got changed now when I passed my leader roll to Jiranthos but I doubt it.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

jgun17

#3 » Post by jgun17 » 27 Jul 2018 22:07

+1
Subtlety

Skidda

#4 » Post by Skidda » 27 Jul 2018 22:40

+1.

The more raid content you release, the less time old raiders have for older content. Having them optional makes it so that you can have more flexible/shorter SSC/TK runs.

bobsmyname
Donor

Re: (PRIMAL) Allow access to Kael'thas and Vashj without killing all other bosses.

#5 » Post by bobsmyname » 28 Jul 2018 09:47

+1 i didn't read it sry
Last edited by bobsmyname on 28 Jul 2018 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Trans Rights

Relina

Re: (PRIMAL) Allow access to Kael'thas and Vashj without killing all other bosses.

#6 » Post by Relina » 28 Jul 2018 10:43

bobsmyname wrote:
28 Jul 2018 09:47
-1. defeats the purpose of the raids. Maybe after BT release it''d be alright
Did you even read the 1st post, he suggested that other bosses become optional with the release of BT not now.

+1 from me.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 28 Jul 2018 11:17

Noxies wrote:
27 Jul 2018 21:05
This was intended afaik,
not sure if it got changed now when I passed my leader roll to Jiranthos but I doubt it.
Not changed, so I guess this might happen.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

zackforester

#8 » Post by zackforester » 31 Oct 2018 20:29

I wouldn't be against removing the attunement for Hyjal altogether but if we can get people attuned just by killing 2 bosses quickly, that's acceptable.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#9 » Post by IronSharona » 07 Nov 2018 02:04

SSC and The Eye should no longer require full boss completion after the weekly update.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)