Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)

Attunement Requirement Removal

Poll ended at 01 Jul 2018 12:50

Kara Attunement ONLY
45%
Kara and SSC
9%
Kara SSC and TK
45%

Total votes: 11

jgun17

Re: Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)

#16 » Post by jgun17 » 27 Jun 2018 15:47

+1 for Karazhan attunement removal

I think it would be a mistake to remove SSC and TK attunement. The last thing raiders want to see is a bunch of 70s in SSC and TK with greens on. We already have a lot of carrying going on.

Best, Sub
Subtlety

natnat123
Former Staff

#17 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Jun 2018 16:46

You guys are making the decision, Vote for whatever you think is best from the 3 options :)

Relina

#18 » Post by Relina » 27 Jun 2018 16:51

natnat123 wrote:
27 Jun 2018 16:46
You guys are making the decision, Vote for whatever you think is best from the 3 options :)
Weird I can't vote on the poll.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

natnat123
Former Staff

#19 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Jun 2018 17:11

Relina wrote:
27 Jun 2018 16:51
natnat123 wrote:
Weird I can't vote on the poll.
Are you on pc or mobile? Cause it needs to be on pc

natnat123
Former Staff

#20 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Jun 2018 17:15

i have also just enabled the option to change what you voted if you wish.

natnat123
Former Staff

#21 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Jun 2018 17:25

Seems there is some issues with being able vote still, if you cant vote. please leave a comment with whatever option you would choose and ill take those in to account as well

Grimalkin

#22 » Post by Grimalkin » 27 Jun 2018 17:26

Honestly, "ppl want it" is not a good enough reason to change major functionalities.
People also want instant level cap and professions cap and free gear and tons of gold. People will ALWAYS want an easier game, then bitch about how it's not a challenge and go somewhere else. Seriously what is the point of being on a progressive server if players are encouraged to skip the progression?
The only reasonable compromise I see is to make the attunements account-wide (or since people have several accounts, make them count across all linked accounts), so people with several alts don't have to go through them a thousand times. But unwilling to make an effort to attune even one toon? That's just lazy and entitled, sorry.

jartlight

#23 » Post by jartlight » 27 Jun 2018 17:27

Vote: Kara SSC and TK

primcrazj

#24 » Post by primcrazj » 27 Jun 2018 17:29

My vote: Kara SSC and TK

Cornick89

#25 » Post by Cornick89 » 27 Jun 2018 17:29

Vote: Kara SSC
TK should be a one character atunement and then it should unlock it for all characters. I don't know if that's possible or not but seems like a good idea to me.

Dude

#26 » Post by Dude » 27 Jun 2018 17:48

natnat123 wrote:
as stated, none of the given options is any good. At least add a 'none of the above' option.

I don't even know why ppl here throw a fit about cosmetic changes, when major gameplay retardification seems to be ok...

tarzan1376

#27 » Post by tarzan1376 » 27 Jun 2018 17:52

My votse for Kara SSC and TK

IronSharona
Former Staff

#28 » Post by IronSharona » 27 Jun 2018 18:33

Grimalkin wrote:
27 Jun 2018 17:26
Honestly, "ppl want it" is not a good enough reason to change major functionalities.
People also want instant level cap and professions cap and free gear and tons of gold. People will ALWAYS want an easier game, then bitch about how it's not a challenge and go somewhere else. Seriously what is the point of being on a progressive server if players are encouraged to skip the progression?

The only reasonable compromise I see is to make the attunements account-wide (or since people have several accounts, make them count across all linked accounts), so people with several alts don't have to go through them a thousand times. But unwilling to make an effort to attune even one toon? That's just lazy and entitled, sorry.
I agree almost entirely with this. It would be much more complex to adjust how many characters an attunement affects but I think it's a better compromise than making them optional because people want to jump straight into raiding. By increasing raid accessibility through such a method, we inversely affect and decrease willingness to do dungeons. New or leveling players already complain over too many capped raid-loggers and empty dungeon queues, so in addition to my personal feelings about it, I don't think this decision (as popular as it might be) would bring more value to the community as a whole. I don't believe that it's fair to prioritize the opinions of level 70 players (who are probably only annoyed with attuning their alts, at this point) over new players who need to see more activity and support in their own brackets to feel encouraged to stay here and help increase our population.

I voted for first option only because I wasn't even allowed my preferred choice but still wanted to contribute. :'(
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Relina

#29 » Post by Relina » 27 Jun 2018 21:12

natnat123 wrote:
27 Jun 2018 17:11
Are you on pc or mobile? Cause it needs to be on pc
On PC, I wonder if it might have something to do with the fact that I posted on this thread way before it was turned into a Poll.

Anywho my vote is for making them optional for all 3 raids Kara, SSC and TK.

Though if its possible to link the attunements so that once completed they are unlocked across all toons in a game account or linked game accounts that might be a more viable option.
But I doubt its possible without some work on the part of the devs / staff beyond whats needed to just make them optional again as it should be in the wotlk core we are using.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

natnat123
Former Staff

#30 » Post by natnat123 » 30 Jun 2018 11:23

IronSharona wrote:
27 Jun 2018 18:33
The reason i didnt add the option to keep the kara attunement is because there was a fair amount of people who where in favour of removing it before i added the poll, and by the looks of it, even more people are in favour. I think they should be removed, however, im not actually that bothered if they get removed or not. I dont think it will affect dungeons all that much as from what i have seen, most people just do the minimum possible to get the attunements done. they dont usually bother doing the full dungeon. The attunement questlines will still be there, but will be optional. so no one will be missing out on the content from them. you can add the option to keep them on the poll and extend it a few more days if you wish.