Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)

Attunement Requirement Removal

Poll ended at 01 Jul 2018 12:50

Kara Attunement ONLY
45%
Kara and SSC
9%
Kara SSC and TK
45%

Total votes: 11

Dunkelstein

Re: Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)(ACCEPTED)

#31 » Post by Dunkelstein » 30 Jun 2018 18:46

I think a lot of people still don't understand where this request is coming from.

It's not coming from new players who are trying to skimp out on having to attune their characters. Those people are not here on the forums.
It's the veteran players who are tired of carrying new players through the attunements. All it comes down to at this point is the scenario where there is one new guy who needs to be attuned so you stomp through all the dungeons in full epics.

4 people have to 'waste their time' to get 1 person attuned, you could argue that the person who actually needs the attunement is actually putting in the least amount of effort.
Attunements are supposed to help filter out people who haven't learned how to play the game yet, and guide them. But it becomes completely redundant when you group with players who can 2-man the content.

At this point you should also ask yourself this: Do you really want to force new players to have to drudge through that process? Sitting in an empty rdf queue for hours until finally your guild mates help you out and delete all the mobs by looking at them?

Dungeons aren't where Primal shines. Let new players have fun with their guilds and hop into the content that you spent so much time polishing.

Vote: Remove attune for Kara, SSC, TK

People will still run dungeons because it's the fastest way to gear up fresh characters.
Wall of Text out.
Aka Funkelstein

Quietly

Re: Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)

#32 » Post by Quietly » 30 Jun 2018 22:02

Dunk hit the nail on the head, + for removal

Q

Seveno5
Donor

#33 » Post by Seveno5 » 01 Jul 2018 09:06

Vote: Remove attune for Kara, SSC, TK YES this has my vote too!

Grimalkin

#34 » Post by Grimalkin » 01 Jul 2018 11:31

Dunk, I see where you're coming from, but attunements have another aspect apart from guiding folk through the ropes. They keep older content relevant, even after gear from it gradually becomes obsolete. It is understandable that people who are caught up on content just want to go forward. But this will not be helping new players who come hoping to relive the experience they loved. (And overcoming the tough parts is part of that experience, of that sense of achievement.) It will, arguably, help one guild get through their progression faster. This is ALL it will do.

From the point of view of someone who never got to play the vanilla stage, I can tell you I'll never get to experience that content with my current toons. Ever. Because from the moment it is not required, it becomes impossible to gather up the required numbers. Honestly, if people can just ding and go to TK (which they will, and they will be taken, even severely undergeared, on the principle that "low dps is better than no dps"), do you believe anyone will set foot in Magtheridon ever again? I somehow don't. And once the next tier is released and attunements adjusted, we can forget about SSC. And so on.

This is EXACTLY what happens in wrath, once ICC is out. No one even thinks of going to Naxx or Ulduar when they can go to ICC instead. So your only chance of getting to go to those is to be there from the start, when they get released; once you miss the stage they are current content, that's it. Gone. So instead of getting their days of fun back, new players joining at later stages get only one thing - a chance at the latest gear.

(People sometimes like to say, Oh, it's to much effort to do those now, we can just go breeze through them once we're all fully geared with the current tier. This, as you rightly pointed out, would suck out all the fun from the fights, and from experience - it will never happen, there will always be someone who needs current tier.)

Lastly, I hope I took it the wrong way, because the part about veterans who hate helping to attune guildies... just made me sad.

tl; dr - still vote no

Stavromoon

#35 » Post by Stavromoon » 02 Jul 2018 03:27

I missed the vote - my bad, haven't been to forums in a while.

If it hasn't been said, how about in addition to removing all attunements, let's add badges to the raid bosses?

Thanks,
Stav

zackforester

#36 » Post by zackforester » 02 Jul 2018 05:04

Please remove all attunements.

jgun17

#37 » Post by jgun17 » 02 Jul 2018 05:05

VOTE: I vote for removing Kara, SSC and TK attunement. I was unable to vote.
Subtlety

Dbearded1

#38 » Post by Dbearded1 » 02 Jul 2018 05:18

Please remove all attunements couldnt click the vote button :cry:

pinocola

#39 » Post by pinocola » 02 Jul 2018 05:24

Well apparently I missed the polling period, but I'm very much in favor of removing the attunements from all three, Kara SSC and TK.

I really don't see the purpose of having these barriers in place when the most active guilds on the server both routinely struggle to get to 25 at raid time.

Just let us play with one another.

zackforester

#40 » Post by zackforester » 02 Jul 2018 05:25

Grimalkin wrote:
01 Jul 2018 11:31
This is EXACTLY what happens in wrath, once ICC is out. No one even thinks of going to Naxx or Ulduar when they can go to ICC instead. So your only chance of getting to go to those is to be there from the start, when they get released; once you miss the stage they are current content, that's it. Gone. So instead of getting their days of fun back, new players joining at later stages get only one thing - a chance at the latest gear.
I don't know what WotLK server you played on but the server I played on there were Naxx Achievemnt, EoE, OS3D, Ulduar, and TotGC runs every week. Forcing players to run through the old raids for attunments doesn't keep content relevant; the content is still irrelevant. It just artificially gates gear progression for new players and alts.

natnat123
Former Staff

#41 » Post by natnat123 » 02 Jul 2018 09:48

The Attunement Requirements have been removed for Kara, SSC and TK and this thread has been locked. These changes should be live next Server restart.

The Attunement quests are still in place and doable so if you still want to do the content then you can (however, they are not required to enter the raids). Here is a usefull guide you can follow if you plan to do them!

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Instance_ ... g_Crusade)