Nobody’s Opinion (Primal)

myichael

Nobody’s Opinion (Primal)

#1 » Post by myichael » 31 Jan 2018 18:05

A few ideas I have to keep the elites playing and interest new comers.

PvP
1.) Cheaper PvP gear, even to those that no life it, you are lucky to get 2 pieces of 126 ilvl gear in a week. The stats on this equipment are negligible for PvE with the exception of the bracers.

Reducing the cost from 30kish per piece to say 3k would reward the target dummies for entering WSG and getting globaled and clobbered upon every encounter, and consequently allow them to obtain the starter PvP gear rather easily.

With the 5 set bonus being purchasable to reputation and a small amount of gold, during a WSG weekend a player could potentially fully gear him/herself in a few days as opposed to what is currently two months.

2.) As it stands, WSG bonus honor weekend occurs if I’m not mistaken once every 2 months... considering we currently lack the player base support AV weekend with the exception of the one time Exalted Reputation participated, (and only because it was a failed raid night).

My suggestion is to simply alternate WSG, AB, and EOTS weekends back and forth. Exclude AV and correct the bug that creates weekend with literally no Call To Arms event.

I’m guessing this is because it’s a bonus WOTLK battleground.

On a side note unlocking any WOTLK maps for arena/battleground would be cool.

3.) Lastly an idea to spark PvP interest is to make the heroic best in slot gems purchasable with honor points, so that those more PvE oriented have a reason to go into WSG. These if implemented should cost roughly 8k similar to the current gems available.

The S1 prices are fine where they stand I don’t think it’s the main concern here, but I can’t see the harm in reducing the cost in these as well. But do understand the weapons are viable in PvE so they should remain difficult to obtain and let’s not forget in retail they along with shoulders and head pieces had rating requirements.

PvE

1.) First of all kudos to the Dev’s and all they have accomplished, creating such an enjoyable experience despite the overwhelming odds stacked against them.

All of the raids work and sit in a comfortable level of difficulty, simulating the retail experience well within goal range despite constant QQ from sour people.

That being said and whilst understanding the develops hands are always full to say the least, I believe it would be very easy to create excitement in the PvE environment with a few changes and additions.

A.) Blackheart the Inciter, (Shadow Labryinth 2nd boss) a simply 50% dmg reduction whilst under the influence of mind control would make this boss possible and and put on the same level as other heroic bosses. 95% of rdf groups have to either disband the group or use a meme 2nd client relog bug to disable him and get past him lol.

This is a incredibly important dungeon in TBC not only for gear but periodically having to return and rerun the instance for various quest lines.

A fix to this guy would raise the spirits of many.

B.) The Opera Event, not much to say here and I must admit I know nothing about coding and/or scripting but if it is feasible unlocking the other options here would create a tsunami of players even those who need nothing from Karazhan to return and experience the other encounters. Heck you could even allow us the option to choose what encounter unfolds at the NPC before the door. Again sounds simple and I’m sure it’s very difficult to script.
The rest of this raid is completely doable and only becomes difficult with melee heavy groups or any other sort of a bad group composition.

C.) SSC is perfect where it’s at and many thanks to how much fun this place has been.

As for TK it only needs minor adjusting, the Al’ar adds hit a bit too hard and have a little too much HP but those aren’t too worrisome, I would look into the Flame Wreath ability though understandably it’s mostly the players fault if he stands in fire but I still think it’s doing a little bit too much damage. Similar to the void zones in arcatraz and the Netherspite fight.

Void reaver ofcourse could use a health drop, and I’m not sure if the aggro problem was a thing in retail.

Kael’thas will require it’s own post and I’ve only been there one night but I think our first impression and only problem was the weapons hitting too hard but again would need some detailed observation.

2.) Nothing really to be said here everything is absolutely amazing and I personally love running heroics, granted only if I need something from the instance but still awesome job on the exhaustive and extensive work that must have been put into all of this.

A.) The only memey suggestion I have here to interest those that are done with heroics is to again make the best in slot gems that drop off of bosses purchasable with Badges of Justice.

B.) increase drop rates for the spellstrike patterns, no seriously nobody on the server has these and they are essential to any serious clothie dps.

I don’t have any problems with the enchanting and alchemy pattern drop rates I think it’s perfect where it’s at. For example Enchant Boots - Vitality is a beautiful and highly sought after enchant and only a few on the server have it not because it’s impossible to get but because nobody farms Heroic Mana-Tombs for it.

However a heroic Shattered Halls, and Shadow Labryinth are probably ran daily if not multiple times a day by different groups and the spellstrike patterns simply never drop.

My warlock has both whitemend pieces and I only ran those dungeons a handful of times, I have however farmed for the spellstrike endlessly on 2 characters and to no avail.

C.) Just kidding its over I can’t think of anything else the server is awesome but I think these changes would create excitement and get people back into the grinding mode as it would reward them and give them a reason for doing so.

So in summary, cheaper blue PvP gear and alternate WSG/AB/EOTS bonus weekends with no weekends where there is an abscense of bonus honor.

Add best in slot gems to PvP and Badge of Justice vendor.

Fix a couple bosses and fine tune a little bit of TK.

If enough people agree to my statements and there is a possibility they could effect change, I will take my own time to investigate the number values for these suggestions and attempt to streamline and organize what needs to be adjusted to make the dev’s job somewhat easier.

myichael

Re: Nobody’s Opinion (Primal)

#2 » Post by myichael » 01 Feb 2018 00:02

In accordance with U.S. Code › Title 15 › Chapter 41 › Subchapter I › Part D › § 1666, by not speaking in opposition to my proposed statutes you are in agreement with it. Therefore it seems I have the support of the entire Primal WoW community.

I have posted this bill in public domain free for all to see, I Jedidiah, being a representative support sponsorship. This bill has been presented to the committee voted upon and subsequently reported to the house floor.

The Primal community awaits the determination of the Senators (GM’s) Those who support the bill say “yea,” and those who oppose it say “nay.”

If the bill passes the Senate and does not die we will send the propositions to the president, Roel.

Dreadnought101

Re: Nobody’s Opinion

#3 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Feb 2018 00:17

~PVP

1) Agreed. Preseason blue set gear, and rings from S1 literally should be 1000-1500 honor points, with the 2H weapons being 2000

S1 Purple gear off peices (Bracer/feet/belt/cloak/rings/cloak) should also be 2k-3k, with the set pieces be an interesting STEP UP to around 8-10k honor points and weapons being 8-15k with the 2H weapons being 20k. Not everything should be handed out, especially if the preseason gear has these gear slots covered

The S2 Arena gear is going to be tricky. Right now there are no arena point requirements for ANY GEAR which is just wrong to me, yet the real issue is that arena gear is hard to get because very few people can get above the 1500 arena ranking before they start seeing more then 304 arena points every week which makes affording gear impossible, it takes a solid 2 months to get 1 piece atm. The honor prices of the off pieces (belt, bracer, feet) seem reasonable at 23k/36k but I might want to see a price reduction on 36k, ill return to the topic of S2 Arena gear leater.

(the level 58 blue gear and 60 blue/purple gear should probably be worth 500 honor in the name of 'wtf everything
S1 is lower then this irrelevant stuff' or something)

2) How about the bonus applying to multiple bgs a week? like 1 week its wsg/eye of the storm, another is arathi/isle of conquest (we have confirmed from devs they cant seem to get rid of the wrath bgs) but i wonder if its possible to have multiple bgs set to have it. I dont want all bgs to have it every week, I want to see people PUSH for that alterac valley or eye of the storm because lets face it, arathi and wsg are the most popular atm

3) agreed, gems should be something like 3-5k honor

~PVE

1) WTB more nerfs to trash mob health in raids xD

2A) I actually dont want those gems to be purchasable, since that would mean you could run any heroic to get those gems, I like going to specific dungeons to get that 1 gem I want (even if shadow labyrinth has a BIS for me which is rough, I still like it that way. I would simply prefere that gems have an increased drop rate so that we can see 2-3 gems a dungeon run, somtetimes I dont see any gem for instances like mana tomb and sethekk halls where the optional boss will have the gem and nobody can summon it.

2B) Sure.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

myichael

#4 » Post by myichael » 01 Feb 2018 00:33

Damnit Degaris now you’ve started a debate, this is gonna end in a hung jury.

But my original numbers came from Degaris I simply typed this up real quick to start a conversation and it was a very choppy rough draft. I agree with your numbers and input.

The reason I suggested to make best in slot gems available for purchase is to get people running heroics again.

OP Edit: 60 gear should be 500 honor for memes and ugly X-mogs. Blue gear should be almost free, 3-5k honor. As for the new S1 gear I love what Degaris said.

Maybe 8k for off pieces, 15k for set and 25k for weapons (50k for 2H).

ROUGHLY

Dreadnought101

#5 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Feb 2018 00:48

myichael wrote:
01 Feb 2018 00:33
The reason I suggested to make best in slot gems available for purchase is to get people running heroics again.
The reason they dont do the heroics is because of the LOW chance for those gems IMO. I prefer 2 fixes through honor points and increase drop rate, 3 is simply to much and purchasing gems with justice points was my least favorite.
myichael wrote:
01 Feb 2018 00:33
OP Edit: 60 gear should be 500 honor for memes and ugly X-mogs. Blue gear should be almost free, 3-5k honor. As for the new S1 gear I love what Degaris said.

Maybe 8k for off pieces, 15k for set and 25k for weapons (50k for 2H).

ROUGHLY
I think ill make a proposal in a separate thread asking for a full rescaling of all values of gear. its...complicated, but you want a quick flow of gear to new players but also offer enticing rewards that are reachable, but also rewarding higher end players with their own economy to play off of. Itl be tricky since prices are coded in, you can select from a list of values. I want a piece of gear to cost 1500 honor points? nope gotta go 1600 or 1250 honor points. Arena + rating requirement is more tricky, I want an arena peice of gear that requires 1400 rating to cost 675 points? nope, gotta push that requirement to 1700 so that it can cost 675 points, or have the cost be 1300 arena points for that 1400 requirement.... its complicated -.o
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 01 Feb 2018 01:43

myichael wrote:
31 Jan 2018 18:05
A.) Blackheart the Inciter, (Shadow Labryinth 2nd boss) a simply 50% dmg reduction whilst under the influence of mind control would make this boss possible and and put on the same level as other heroic bosses. 95% of rdf groups have to either disband the group or use a meme 2nd client relog bug to disable him and get past him lol.
People complain about this boss endlessly but it is entirely doable. In fact, its not really that hard when you prepare for it. Players can reduce their own damage by 50% quite easily, without needing some outside debuff. There is no enrage timer. When a debuff was originally floated, I wasn't so much opposed, but the more I think about it, there is no need for an unblizzlike debuff when it is entirely within any group's ability to deal with this fight and they just are unwilling or incapable of changing tactics to do so. Even if the community feels a debuff is in order - 50% is ridiculous overkill.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Dreadnought101

#7 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Feb 2018 03:36

Fitzpatrick wrote:
01 Feb 2018 01:43
its not really that hard when you prepare for it.
Which is not what 90% of pugs are, then there are just many compositions that dont work for it even when your prepared as casters and druids still reck people
Degaris
-

psycroptyk

#8 » Post by psycroptyk » 01 Feb 2018 03:54

honor prices are just fine as they are.

Dreadnought101

#9 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 01 Feb 2018 04:08

psycroptyk wrote:
01 Feb 2018 03:54
For like 8 people that can pvp all day sure
Degaris
-

zackforester

#10 » Post by zackforester » 01 Feb 2018 05:59

Blackheart the Inciter needs to be nerfed to the ground. It's basically impossible on this server without perfect execution. That level of execution shouldn't be required for any of the bosses released so far let alone a simple 5-man dungeon boss. During TBC, players did roughly a fourth of the damage that they do on this server and the mind control didn't cause players to turn and one shot each other. Also, the mind control didn't cause you to spam your maximum rank abilities on cooldown. The party shoulddn't be in danger of killing each other unless someone is under 25% when the Incite Chaos begins.
Fitzpatrick wrote:
01 Feb 2018 01:43
People complain about this boss endlessly but it is entirely doable. In fact, its not really that hard when you prepare for it. Players can reduce their own damage by 50% quite easily, without needing some outside debuff. There is no enrage timer. When a debuff was originally floated, I wasn't so much opposed, but the more I think about it, there is no need for an unblizzlike debuff when it is entirely within any group's ability to deal with this fight and they just are unwilling or incapable of changing tactics to do so. Even if the community feels a debuff is in order - 50% is ridiculous overkill.
Nothing on this server is Blizzlike. The argument that something shouldn't be nerfed because it wouldn't be blizzlike is an appeal to ignorance.

Bradonja

#11 » Post by Bradonja » 01 Feb 2018 14:13

psycroptyk wrote:
01 Feb 2018 03:54

cast01

#12 » Post by cast01 » 20 Feb 2018 02:22

I'm in favor of nerfing Blackheart's MC, bad RNG will destroy your healer no matter how many precautions you take, unless you take a very specific group composition for the heroic (which is a kind of retarded requirement to have).

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Feb 2018 02:28

He was already nerfed - player damage is now also reduced inside dungeons when attacking another player (same values as the PvP nerf).
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Dreadnought101

#14 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 20 Feb 2018 02:31

Skye wrote:
20 Feb 2018 02:28
He was already nerfed - player damage is now also reduced inside dungeons when attacking another player (same values as the PvP nerf).
Really? I dont see it in the changelog https://truewow.org/changelog
Degaris
-

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Feb 2018 02:56

Dreadnought101 wrote:
20 Feb 2018 02:31
Skye wrote:
20 Feb 2018 02:28
Really? I dont see it in the changelog https://truewow.org/changelog
Updates happen every week - that change log dates from 30th January.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart: