Re-implement RDF auto-reset script

blagovest_tonev

Re-implement RDF auto-reset script

#1 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 14 Jan 2018 08:41

Hello,

The auto-reset RDF script has been removed for some reason. Currently there's a problem on the server that many times players end up in different queues, which forces us to make premade groups in order to queue. Yesterday I opened a ticket for the queues to be reset, and that fixed the problem at the time. So, my suggestion is to re-implement that useful feature or either have a look at the reason why people end up in different queues as often, because it's quite hard to have dungeons with ~10 80's at the time, that end up in different queues in the end.

Regards.

Regent
Tester

Re: Re-implement RDF auto-reset script

#2 » Post by Regent » 14 Jan 2018 09:54

The problem is not just the queue getting stuck but also this: https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=6821
Different people have various IDs for 5 man heroics. So they end up not being included in the same queue.
The system is not ignoring the IDs players have and thus,as more players run more RHCs during the 24 hour period after a reset, the more the queue starts becoming fragmented with differing queues, especially if people don't relog to alts with no IDs. As a result, you're limited to 16 runs max per day rather than unlimited runs until the next reset. Therein lies the problem.
It wouldn't hurt to have the script back, sure, but unless someone fixes the ID-ignore bug with RDF, this problem won't go away.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 14 Jan 2018 16:22

This was no longer believed to be an issue but I have enabled the script again. It will announce and reset the queue every hour.

blagovest_tonev

#4 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 14 Jan 2018 16:55

Thank you for the fast assistance, Roel. I hope doing dungeons will be one idea easier now, and hopefully the bug, Regent mentioned, will be fixed soon as well.