Combine Legendary and Normal Transmog

Wilcox

Combine Legendary and Normal Transmog

#1 » Post by Wilcox » 13 May 2016 20:53

Hello.

I want to talk about transmogrification in a civil attitude & hopefully have it improved for the good of all, once again. First of all, I'm aware that some of the most recent changes were reverted due to the unhappiness and discomfort of some players. My argument here is that democracy is for everybody. If it doesn't harm you while doing good to others, I don't see a reason against having certain tweaks to transmogrification. So long as you can toggle literally every minor setting, there is absolutely no downside to things.

Okay, enough chit chat. I have three things to bring up.

-----

Transmogrification of legendary items, once again

This was implemented indeed, and from my perspective, it was a very successful step into improving the existing system. It was reverted due to the unhappiness of three people that failed at toggling it off. Some time has passed since that, and I believe it's only fair if we see this feature back. After all, it doesn't harm those that would not like to use it, right? Right.

-----

Transmogrification of white items

There are some white items with amazing looks, such as the bloodhawk claymore. This was merely an example. There are (probably)countless other items that fit in various sets, and some of the natural/pure looking items are simply great. Yet another feature that does not harm anybody in my opinion. Once again, it harms absolutely nobody. And if I'm not mistaken, this exists on retail(?). I could be wrong here, correct me if so.

-----

Obtaining T3

This was also discussed, I believe, and denied due to these items being overpowered in the 60-69 bracket. My suggestion is to add these to the vote shop and make them so that they can be obtainable by level 70 and higher only. With this, we (almost) make it certain that people will vote for these items with the sole intentions of transmogrification. This even aids the server, in fact, it promotes voting and it's just another addition to transmogrification.

-----

I know that some people out there are like "not this shit again" and some are even against this with all their heart. Well, opinions differ, and I can confidently say that I'm speaking for the majority and that I'm offering nothing but democracy. Don't like something about transmogrification? Too bad, man, just turn it off and let people enjoy their game. I see absolutely no downsides. I like to think that we're already far beyond the "blizzlike" argument. It's old and dull already, come on. We're playing on a 7(?) year old expansion. Some changes are needed to keep people fresh and motivated to go on. Nobody wants to do the same shit over and over for years. It's a proven success that people began to make transmog runs after the recent changes. Why not further it, right? It motivates people to run old raids and spend more time on the server.

These are the things I wanted to mention. This thread is completely open to comments.

BOTTOM NOTE TO NYERIAH: The people that transmogrify their items love you. Don't let 3 people get your mood down :^)

testeromir

Re: #MakeTransmogrificationGreatAgain

#2 » Post by testeromir » 13 May 2016 20:59

+1
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

chickenbutt
Donor

#3 » Post by chickenbutt » 13 May 2016 21:02

Nice stuff, I would be in favor of such a change to transmogrification
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Matsy

#4 » Post by Matsy » 13 May 2016 21:04

Maybe if Nyeriah didn't have a hissy fit over 3 people disagreeing and stop taking things so personally for no reason, then there wouldn't of been an issue in the first place.

Legendary Trasmog : No
About the white items, the rule is that any item with stat's can be transmoged (including white items), but most white items dont have any stats so thats why you cant transmog them. Since we already have thread for items without stats open, I'm fine with white items being added too.
T3: YES, dont care which way they do it, but they should be available in some way.
Last edited by Matsy on 13 May 2016 21:13, edited 2 times in total.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Folkk

#5 » Post by Folkk » 13 May 2016 21:10

Yes, + 1. Making T3 available through vote shop and only for 70+ chars is a great idea.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

belendor

#6 » Post by belendor » 13 May 2016 21:21

+1
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 May 2016 21:26

Matsy wrote:Maybe if Nyeriah didn't have a hissy fit over 3 people disagreeing and stop taking things so personally for no reason, then there wouldn't of been an issue in the first place.
I didn't have a "hiss" for no reason. I explained why I have done that.

Besides, I had also planned to take a break and I wouldn't leave this matter in the hands of other staff members because I'm in charge of it, and I have taken full responsibility for it.

If you really think I make decisions out of "hisses" then that's your problem. I don't live off your opinion.

Regent
Tester

#8 » Post by Regent » 13 May 2016 21:34

Legendaries: +1111111111111111
Whites: I see no problem with it though it's up to Developers to decide if it's feasible.
T3: Sure, why not, if it's not too much to ask for. I personally don't even have a need for it but others find it cool so I won't oppose it. I just hope it's not too much work.
BOTTOM NOTE TO NYERIAH: The people that transmogrify their items love you. Don't let 3 people get your mood down :^)
Concurred. We're very thankful for the work you've done. Thank you very much indeed.
Last edited by Regent on 13 May 2016 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

candre23
Donor

#9 » Post by candre23 » 13 May 2016 21:34

I don't have a dog in this fight (yet), but assuming the TW policy is what will eventually happen on PW, here's my thoughts.

Wilcox makes good points.

Transmog is purely cosmetic. As long as it can be disabled for those who don't want to see it (which it can), then there is no harm, real or perceived, that can come from it. I've personally never seen the attraction, and probably won't use it myself, but I know there are folks who get a kick out of it. If they're having fun and not hurting anybody (they're not), then it should be allowed. This includes white and orange items, and even gray items for that matter. T3 won't be an issue for us because we have the opportunity to get those pieces the old fashioned way (but I agree TW should have access to them one way or another).

+1
Last edited by candre23 on 13 May 2016 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Who

#10 » Post by Dr. Who » 13 May 2016 21:44

it was me who bought the idea of T3 to Vote chop but i ended up in agree that vote chop is not the solution.

then i came up with the idea of add a Vendor near the Transmog Npc selling it for [Emblem of Triumph] or [Emblem of Frost].
the Npc vendor would work same way as the Transmog NPC,showing up ONLY if .settings transmog is ON.
The Emblem cost of each piece would have to be discussed by the Staff , i rather leave that to them. ^_^

:arrowd: Reason why a Vendor and not on the TW chop: :arrowd:

:arrow: this way Only lv 80's would have access to the tier3 since only lv80 can win Emblem's.
(this way no need to custom the itens "as some one suggested" and no more excuse that lv60 toon's would be OP at their lv)

:arrow: would be good way to spend the accumulating Emblem's on the Full geared chars and make the people that dont have enough run more heroic dungeons solving the 30m queue waiting helping at the same time the low geared people.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Folkk

#11 » Post by Folkk » 13 May 2016 21:54

Dr. Who wrote:[hide]it was me who bought the idea of T3 to Vote chop but i ended up in agree that vote chop is not the solution.

then i came up with the idea of add a Vendor near the Transmog Npc selling it for [Emblem of Triumph] or [Emblem of Frost].
the Npc vendor would work same way as the Tranmog NPC,showing up ONLY if .settings transmog is ON.
The Emblem cost of each piece would have to be discussed by the Staff , i rather leave that to them. ^_^

:arrowd: Reason why a Vendor and not on the TW chop: :arrowd:

:arrow: this way Only lv 80's would have access to the tier3 since only lv80 can win Emblem's.
(this way no need to custom the itens "as some one suggested" and no more excuse that lv60 toon's would be OP at their lv)

:arrow: would be good way to spend the accumulating Emblem's on the Full geared chars and make the people that dont have enough run more heroic dungeons solving the 30m queue waiting helping at the same time the low geared people.[/hide]
IMO the vote shop idea would be more beneficial for the server since it would make lazy asses like me start voting :arrowu: again.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Dr. Who

#12 » Post by Dr. Who » 13 May 2016 22:25

True that add to the Shop would make people vote (or not) but still it would bring the Lv60 twinks problem.
Folkk wrote:
Dr. Who wrote:this way no need to custom the itens "as some one suggested" and no more excuse that lv60 toon's would be OP at their lv
IMO the vote shop idea would be more beneficial for the server since it would make lazy asses like me start voting :arrowu: again.
btw the emblem cost in the Vendor that i suggested would have to be a Big amount (they would have to be more expensive than the Tier10) since in retail in the Black Market Auction they reach really Crazy Prices.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.

Wilcox

#13 » Post by Wilcox » 13 May 2016 22:38

Dr. Who wrote:True that add to the Shop would make people vote (or not) but still it would bring the Lv60 twinks problem.
you're fucking joking right?
My suggestion is to add these to the vote shop and make them so that they can be obtainable by level 70 and higher only

Dr. Who

#14 » Post by Dr. Who » 13 May 2016 22:56

Wilcox wrote:
Dr. Who wrote:True that add to the Shop would make people vote (or not) but still it would bring the Lv60 twinks problem.
My suggestion is to add these to the vote shop and make them so that they can be obtainable by level 70 and higher only
and how you planing to do that? making them custom items? giving more work and time spend to the staff that we all saw that they are now wiling give to transmog stuff.

it gives way less work just to give all the sets to 1 vendor (something that i suppose is rather easy since all Fun servers have this kind of vendors) than clean all the stats of every single item of all the set's.

and you want to vote and keep game boring and make people keep carry low geared people in ICC's right after they ding 80 with not even 1 Heroic dungeon Gear, making those who are rather new to the game and dont have no one to carry them have a harder work to gear up.

i got some alts and if i'm not in Inquisition or other major Guild (what is the case) i cant get in even 1 raid. only maybe some pug Toc from time to time and Heroics like i said before we have to wait some times 30m or more.
Last edited by Dr. Who on 13 May 2016 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wilcox

#15 » Post by Wilcox » 13 May 2016 23:04

Dr. Who wrote:
Wilcox wrote:
and how you planing to do that? making them custom items? giving more work and time spend to the staff that we all saw that they are now wiling give to transmog stuff.
simple, you can't buy them from the vote shop if the character is not level 70