Combine Legendary and Normal Transmog

Regent
Tester

Re: Transmog command

#46 » Post by Regent » 20 Jan 2018 07:00

Skye wrote:
03 Jan 2018 23:24
Another alternative would be to enable legendaries by default, and those who don't wish to see it could disable them (I personally think this please most people in the long run) :D
Noxies wrote:
04 Jan 2018 16:24
Skye's suggestion with enabling legendaries by default is probably the best approach here.
That way users might only issue the command if they'd like to hide the legendary transmogs.
Fine by me then. Mogs enabled by default (L-mogs included) is better than what we have now.
ETA? Been 2 weeks since this was posted.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Gadoschi
Donor

#47 » Post by Gadoschi » 20 Jan 2018 09:01

What exactly is the issue here?
Two commands work just fine and is by far the most versatile solution out there on all private WotLK servers.
The only problem I see is some people who are using legendary transmog command aren't getting enough attention for it cause most other people don't use the command and, therefore, do not see their awesome transmogs.

As for some people not being familiar with certain commands - that can be easily solved by adding a "/help" script with such commands listed or running interval messages by the server that include transmog commands as well.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Regent
Tester

#48 » Post by Regent » 20 Jan 2018 10:47

In defense of the suggestion:
Wall of text below.
Spoiler:
If I wanted to just mog my own character without anyone even seeing what I've got, I can easily just edit my character's model and voila, open and shut case.

The whole point of the entire Transmog concept is for it to be actually seen. That's why retail has it. It's not optional there.
You could argue that 3.3.5a didn't have Transmogs in the first place, but then take into consideration that 3.3.5a didn't last over half a decade like TW has. They had to implement it if they give the players something "new".
But the entire implementation is irrelevant when it's off by default and it involves not only the typing in of one command that only a fraction of the community is aware of, but then another command that an even smaller percentage of the previous fraction knows about.

The catch here is that the entire system is optional. If people don't want to see it, they can take a few seconds it takes to type in .settings transmog off and voila, open and shut case once again. If they can move their mouse around to click buttons to join RDFs / RBGS or chat with friends, then typing in that command to turn Mogs off virtually costs them nothing.

So again, the entire point of having Transmogs is for it to be seen. It's an attention grabber (or repellent) by design. Blame Blizzard for that though.
However, the way it is at the moment (normal mogs and L-mogs being off by default), you get a case it might as well not exist on the server because lack of awareness.

The original suggestion by Ghost was to combine the 2 commands into one while leaving the rest as it is (off by default).
Nyeriah and Eronox suggested that it would be better to leave them separate but turn them on by default so the the ones who like the suggestion get what they want (including the "attention seekers" as Gadoschi so elegantly put it).
Adding more internal messages that just clog up the chatbox or writing a new command (and implementing it) just to show the Mog commands (which .settings already used to do) is more effort than just simply changing an on/off setting on this system as it is now. Simple enough.
Regards.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

Imagine
Donor

#49 » Post by Imagine » 20 Jan 2018 12:06

Regent wrote:
20 Jan 2018 10:47
In defense of the suggestion:
Wall of text below.
Spoiler:
If I wanted to just mog my own character without anyone even seeing what I've got, I can easily just edit my character's model and voila, open and shut case.

The whole point of the entire Transmog concept is for it to be actually seen. That's why retail has it. It's not optional there.
You could argue that 3.3.5a didn't have Transmogs in the first place, but then take into consideration that 3.3.5a didn't last over half a decade like TW has. They had to implement it if they give the players something "new".
But the entire implementation is irrelevant when it's off by default and it involves not only the typing in of one command that only a fraction of the community is aware of, but then another command that an even smaller percentage of the previous fraction knows about.

The catch here is that the entire system is optional. If people don't want to see it, they can take a few seconds it takes to type in .settings transmog off and voila, open and shut case once again. If they can move their mouse around to click buttons to join RDFs / RBGS or chat with friends, then typing in that command to turn Mogs off virtually costs them nothing.

So again, the entire point of having Transmogs is for it to be seen. It's an attention grabber (or repellent) by design. Blame Blizzard for that though.
However, the way it is at the moment (normal mogs and L-mogs being off by default), you get a case it might as well not exist on the server because lack of awareness.

The original suggestion by Ghost was to combine the 2 commands into one while leaving the rest as it is (off by default).
Nyeriah and Eronox suggested that it would be better to leave them separate but turn them on by default so the the ones who like the suggestion get what they want (including the "attention seekers" as Gadoschi so elegantly put it).
Adding more internal messages that just clog up the chatbox or writing a new command (and implementing it) just to show the Mog commands (which .settings already used to do) is more effort than just simply changing an on/off setting on this system as it is now. Simple enough.
Regards.
I completely agree with Regent.

+1 from me for sure!!!!

w00le

#50 » Post by w00le » 20 Jan 2018 13:21

+1

Joh0239

#51 » Post by Joh0239 » 20 Jan 2018 13:26

I completely agree with Regent. The whole point of transmog is so people can look at it. Otherwise there is no point of it. It just makes everything much easier if it's the same command, and those who don't want to see legendaries mogged, they can just disable it, ez.

So +1 on Brennus suggestion with code and +1 to regents reasoning.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Nyeriah

#52 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Jan 2018 14:46

Moving this to pending
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

shajib

#53 » Post by shajib » 25 Jan 2018 10:55

+1

Regent
Tester

#54 » Post by Regent » 05 Mar 2018 17:27

So what's the word on this? Been over a month now. A simple flip of the switch doesn't need this long to discuss, does it?
A bit faster turn-around time on TW suggestions would be appreciated, considering PW gets their stuff rejected or accepted 2-3 times faster than us.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

Orochy

#55 » Post by Orochy » 05 Mar 2018 17:45

+1 ^_^

Joh0239

#56 » Post by Joh0239 » 05 Mar 2018 22:16

Would really simplify things for players. +1 from me. Any ETA on this?
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Eronox
MVP

Re: [Pending] Combine Legendary and Normal Transmog

#57 » Post by Eronox » 19 Apr 2018 17:33

This has been done.
Legend-Mogs enabled by default and this quote below will become true.
Regent wrote:Transmogrification of white items

So, doing .settings transmog on will enable all transmog.
Showing transmoged items, legendary ones too, relog to update current area. .settings ltransmog off to hide legendaries.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash