Double XP weekend

ayberkev

Double XP weekend

#1 » Post by ayberkev » 12 Oct 2017 13:55

As we start to get new content release on Primal WoW, we are probably gonna get some new players attention who wants to check out the server. So i recommend that we further encourage them with a double XP weekend. This will not only motivate the new players but it will also make old players to level up new alts which should populate lower level dungeons and areas to accompany the fresh players.
I would also say that we repeat this at every new content release so we have some material to advertise server to the new faces.

Gadoschi
Donor

Re: Double XP weekend

#2 » Post by Gadoschi » 12 Oct 2017 17:54

Why only for Primal?

We could use those on TrueWoW as well.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 12 Oct 2017 20:18

This has been suggested many times in the past and has been rejected every time. I assume now will be no different, but I will leave the topic open for the time being.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Joh0239

#4 » Post by Joh0239 » 12 Oct 2017 20:27

And why have it been rejected? If it's being suggested over and over, it clearly shows people want it.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 12 Oct 2017 23:56

Joh0239 wrote:
12 Oct 2017 20:27
And why have it been rejected? If it's being suggested over and over, it clearly shows people want it.
An idea being rejected does not mean staff do not give the idea any thought. It has been mulled over each time with careful discussion, but the cons have always outweighed the pros. Feel free to refer back to previous considerations and reasonings behind the decision.

The situation may be different enough now to warrant changes, but it will take some well-discussed reasoning to motivate changes that will take development energy away from other work that needs doing. Many prior player discussions devolved into 50-50 split flame wars for and against. In such instances it is much easier to choose the path of less work when neither side is the clear most popular choice. Thus, I leave discussion open, but unless opinion has greatly swayed we will likely end up with a stalemate or unproductive discussion.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Gadoschi
Donor

#6 » Post by Gadoschi » 13 Oct 2017 10:37

I have read the entire 4 pages of this thread you linked in the post, but I couldn't quite see anything relating specifically to double xp weekends (it was mostly a discussion about donation options - whether to include mounts/gear - etc. - and advertisement).

Double xp weekeneds should not even be perceieved as a population booster. They should be considered for what they really are - an easier, less dull and quicker way for current players to level up new characters to have something to do.

And, honestly, I don't know why you still insist on "unique x1 levelling experience", when levelling is only even remotely entertaining if there are dungeons and groups, none of which exist at this point of TW development curve.

Perhaps you are afraid you are losing the only thing that makes this server unique - maybe because there is nothing else left to stand out for: PvP - NO, PvE scripts - NO, population - NO, transfer options - YES and NO.

The easiest way to compare the then and now TW is to examine how many achievements a player can obtain nowadays (there are players with almost 11500 achievement points, which means nearly everything was achievable at some point) compared to the period with most working encounters/scenarios/quests/mechanics without the assistance of a GM or a quest completer.

In regard to the lack of new players - I wouldn't say there aren't any new players out there, even those who end up levelling up all the way to level 80, but the problem is, and it is a problem shared among most lower population servers, that those players are mostly lone wolves, who prefer to run around alone and kill NPCs than join anything that requires player interaction of any sort.

There were plenty occasions (even as late as this week), where there have been over 30 level 80 players online, but only half of them joined anything player-player related (PvP or PvE).
Last edited by Gadoschi on 13 Oct 2017 10:48, edited 4 times in total.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

lrctgl
Donor

#7 » Post by lrctgl » 13 Oct 2017 10:40

also most of the other suggestions like this one has been for permanent xp increases not weekend only events like this one
i think this is a ver good idea and might combat some of the raidlogging and even possibly bring in some more people

tldr +1 from me

Dunkelstein

#8 » Post by Dunkelstein » 13 Oct 2017 13:35

Gadoschi wrote:
13 Oct 2017 10:37
And, honestly, I don't know why you still insist on "unique x1 levelling experience", when levelling is only even remotely entertaining if there are dungeons and groups, none of which exist at this point of TW development curve.
Transfers are actually also actively working against this. Why would person A bother Leveling completely solo while others get 8 max lvl characters handed to them, meanwhile Person A just isn't lucky enough to own a character that hasn't been deleted.
On the other hand transfers are getting us more players.

I think there was some leveling event teased before, when I find it I will edit a link to it

EDIT: Aha!
Nyeriah wrote:
25 Sep 2017 21:14
There will be leveling events to incentive leveling.
[...]
Not sure what is being planned there, but I suspect it's something that ties in with the weekly/monthly events to reward participation tokens to players who help newcomers with leveling. If not that would also be an idea ^^
Aka Funkelstein

Dunkelstein

#9 » Post by Dunkelstein » 19 Oct 2017 02:03

Nyeriah wrote:
25 Sep 2017 21:14
There will be leveling events to incentive leveling.
[...]
Any update on this?
Could really use a boost for new players, especially up to level 60, because they feel very lonely and left behind while the rest of the server raids SSC (and then stop playing) :(
Aka Funkelstein

natnat123
Former Staff

#10 » Post by natnat123 » 19 Oct 2017 02:22

i would love this to happen. i have just submitted my last available transfer and it would be awesome for it to be easier to level a more alts. i want all the profs lol

jetteroo

#11 » Post by jetteroo » 19 Oct 2017 06:21

+1 for anything that incentivises levelling

IronSharona
Former Staff

#12 » Post by IronSharona » 16 Apr 2018 20:18

Implemented in the form of 2x and 3x leveling options. Please remember to use .settings rate <rate of choice> to make your selection! Thanks for the suggestion.