ever played in a server with an AH bot? economy becomes beyond ripperoni
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Almsivi
Former Staff

Re: How to increase primal wow server population

#32 » Post by Almsivi » 13 Sep 2017 23:03

Hello,
I would like to kindly thank you for all discussion so far. It was decided to start giving you answers and voice our opinions.
1)recruit more testers (Shin, truewow discord)
This was already answered by Eronox, recruitment is always open.
2) recruit more developers/technical
People who contribute are volounteers. So unless someone from community wants to step up and help there is not much we can do. Our team was joined recently by new developer - Spectrez and he is doing awesome job so far!
3) multiple XP rates for 1-60(x2?) Since we already allot lvl 60 transfers anyway. Not sure if possible to limit to zones or allow players to choose rates
Increasing levelers pop is important so that we have a diverse and balanced server pop.
Also allows peeps to try out the server scripting and the community which we are promoting as the main draw to primal wow as they level (Whippyy, officer, Logic)
Rates are not going to change. This is one of core values of Primal and TrueWoW, as blizzlike as possible. I already mentioned about RaF, it's the only work around the 1x XP rates.
4) put out promotional videos (whammy GM, murmur)
We have no dedicated SFX artist who could make more videos. All recent ones were done by Eronox, who already has lots of responsibilites as he is fixing bugs, acting as SGM and working on newest announcement about challenges. If there is anyone with Machinima skills required to do so, we would be happy.

However we work on promotional materials. Just much slower due to more important things to work on.
5) server stability - no clue as we have no visibility
As you may have noticed server is much more stable right now. The series of crashes was due to merge with TC, devs wanted to get us dynamic spawn system. However one of Trinitycore developers didn't test out branch he merged into it before releasing it on github to public. We didn't expect such thing to happen.

Concerning your thoughts about class balance:
This part is not being neglected and we continously work on it, based on feedback from players.

I'll leave topic locked. As similar one is more recent. If you wish to add something really important that skipped your mind, either use the newer one or PM me or any other Game Masters. (viewtopic.php?p=415972)

Regards,
Almsivi
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli

Plinio

Re: Population posible solution

#33 » Post by Plinio » 13 Sep 2017 23:06

with good tuning, i think it could do more good then harm . besides, its a temporary solution .

- Lets just say a buyer for lower lvl crafted gear... it will encourage ppl to do profs . and profss are fun, making ur own gear and selling what u made kinda poots things on right path me thinks . buying mats isn't a problem atm, selling what u made certainly is . Auto buying stuff @ reasonable/current prices, nothing too drastic from what it is now, making things just go at faster pace, negating "low popu sell buffering" could be a keeper

- pooting limit how much will it buy same item from a single acc excluding spammers

- as a lest resort one can copy prices from some high popu servers "mimicking a good economy"

Ideally, generally i think it should work as hardly noticeable difference that is there just to speed things up and it should be beneficial only for prof workers . Should make a noticeable difference only at our current fragile low lvling points keeping low budget economy alive and have as less impact on the end game economy as posible .

food for thought...

Kinda sensitive thing we have here, if done correctly it may improve things, if done wrong it can destroy what we have now
...as any other thing in life that really matters... ;) . Needs to be taken very seriously and think through very closely before put into action . PTRs are great for stuff like this :)

BR

jetteroo

Re: Population posible solution

#34 » Post by jetteroo » 14 Sep 2017 06:38

I never liked artificial prices. prices should be a reflection of real fundamentals.

theres always a buyer of last resort - the npc vendors