Population posible solution

dgreenbe

Re: How to increase primal wow server population

#16 » Post by dgreenbe » 29 Aug 2017 08:07

Fitzpatrick wrote:
29 Aug 2017 06:42
Instant 60s seems completely awful to me. In my opinion, the less people have invested in their characters, the less likely they are to continue to play as soon as they do the rounds through Kara or whatever.
Then shouldn't we get rid of the transfer system so that people leveling new characters have people to play with? I value Jetteroo's opinion on this highly since I know he levels alts during both EU and NA times and it sounds like the current situation is untenable regardless of our opinions about skilling up professions while leveling or leveling speed.

This seems to be at odds with your previous suggestion. Also, be careful ascribing your motivations to the rest of us. Also, lets not forget that Wrath content is ~2 years off.
I'm not ascribing it to everyone, but since it's what makes Primal unique it would be silly to write if off as a common motivation for people joining.

Which are the neglected classes? As far as I can tell every class has more diversity of specs/roles at 70 than we did at 60. Taking your example of Warlock: at 60 there was one spec that everyone played in PVE. At 70, there are 3 completely viable PVE specs, and destro spec will be used by at least 1 warlock per raid in t5, t6 content for tanking (probably).
Warrior specs: best tank, high single-target and AOE damage. Ret paladin: high single target and aoe damage and decent off-healing. Hunters--high single-target and aoe dps, not sure if survival is viable. Warlock: really one spec, less than in TBC, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for demo/destro other thank your tanking situation (I could very well be wrong on this, its your deal, but thats how it looks). Prot pally--low threat. Bear tank: some mitigation issues. Cat dps: only modest single-target dps, no aoe dps. Shadow priest: mana issues. Smite priest: not viable. I mention smite to make maybe a more extreme point: people seem to be ok with lack of spec balance being ok, and bad smite dps being 100% acceptable. But if someone wanted to play it, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Regarding boss HP, perhaps the top couple guilds are ok with it, as I mentioned, but I already know good players quitting because they're sick of long hours of killing bosses with high HP and only killing HKM in 25s for one token. I admit that's just my perspective, but that's part of reality. The people I know who are staying here might like a challenge but aren't staying here for high boss HP.

jetteroo

#17 » Post by jetteroo » 29 Aug 2017 08:46

Thanks Fitzpatrick and Dgreenbe and everyone else for their inputs.

Maybe I should describe my situation so ppl can better understand the reason for me stressing on increasing population of lower levels.

I have more or less 2 raid ready and raiding toons on primal wow. I have a few alts which i m half hearted about levelling becos other than speed aside, I can't get rdf to pop.

I was raiding hardcore on vanilla but not so much in cata. I skipped both wotlk and tbc in retail. I have tried different private servers offering different conditions (vanilla, insta boost, multiple xp rates)

What I observed was that a healthy and sustainable population/server has not only stable playing conditions, but also a decent %of levelling alts (and therefore Rdf). This is why i keep stressing for ways to increase levelling toon population. And it seems strange to me we allow 60 transfers while not interested to at least look at some ways to increase levelling rates (1-40?50?60)

It's important to get new players vested to the server (cosmetic items?) through levelling rather than insta boost/transfers.

Peeps do not seems to mind some degree of server lag and server downtime from maintenance (technical/ppl expectations ) , because they can plan for it, Nor do they mind having a certain percentage of badly behaved players(community)

As for end game raids peeps dun seem to mind them being more difficult as Long as the raid spots get filled and they can try it again and again (back to server pop)

I leave you with my experiences , hopefully ppl can identify with my analysis and observations and think up more ways to boost our server.

13arabba

#18 » Post by 13arabba » 31 Aug 2017 12:21

Nude mod?

Antreon

#19 » Post by Antreon » 02 Sep 2017 23:33

13arabba wrote:
31 Aug 2017 12:21
Nude mod?
10/10 would play again

anyway

https://imgur.com/a/yIPpM

Truid

#20 » Post by Truid » 03 Sep 2017 07:26

I think the more attractive members of the server should make a sexy WoW calendar photo-op sort of deal and make posts for various sites like reddit and imgur wow/gone wild topics, sex sells and literally increases populations irl. Foolproof.

disclaimer: this poster in no way supports or condones prostitution or any illegal activity in any form for the sake of server growth. This post is (mostly) about teh lols... it would totally work though.

:cross: edit: on second thought, terrible idea, we don't want pervs and stalkers joining up, keep it wholesome folks.

hauzhauz

#21 » Post by hauzhauz » 03 Sep 2017 19:34

Can we focus on what is special on this server? What is different from the "big" TBC servers?
It´s cross faction & WOTLK server (and a friendly community :D ).
In order to get more players, we need to convince them this is actually a good thing.
There are many people in the r/wowservers subreddit that despise primalwow for being not "blizzlike". Most players interested in private servers are not familiar with the actual differences between the clients.

I am still new here, I never raided on primal wow. But I do see that this server has a problem in the lower levels. I only meet twinks. Or I did meet twinks until TBC launched and everyone took their mains to 70. Fair enough. (Now with 64 RDF is more populated again.)

But the lack of unique players needs to be addressed. While I´m all for nude dwarfs; doing some promotion and maybe some goodies for new accounts could help the greater good.
Healing Horde since 2004

Xenitron

#22 » Post by Xenitron » 03 Sep 2017 21:56

problem is if you give something only to new players, old ones would like to receive something too for their loyalty, so rewards should be whole community wide-not just focused on one group.Yes,old players can create new accounts too but i think most of players like their characters on one account and not spread.

Though I think most of new players would like some sort of XP boost, since many players already leveled many toons on other servers and new ones would require too much time on already boring and worn-out 1-60(focus on 45-60) content and quests.For comparison look on higher-rates servers and their population, there are always lots of new characters since it's easy to level and don't require too much time thus increasing pleasure of old players who would like to have more toons and is not too much grindy for new ones.In addition new players help stimulate economy directly and give snowball effect when you can find dungeons on all levels.

mweldinger

#23 » Post by mweldinger » 06 Sep 2017 04:44

Xenitron wrote:
03 Sep 2017 21:56
problem is if you give something only to new players, old ones would like to receive something too for their loyalty, so rewards should be whole community wide-not just focused on one group.Yes,old players can create new accounts too but i think most of players like their characters on one account and not spread.
Old loyal players do get something out of this... A healthy population. This isnt vanilla, BC was not a friendly new-player experience to begin with between the difficult heroics, and attunements. Something has to be done sooner rather than later or this servers population is only going to get worse, and it wont be long before attrition starts to hurt guild's ability to fill raids.

jetteroo

#24 » Post by jetteroo » 07 Sep 2017 06:21

mweldinger wrote:
06 Sep 2017 04:44
Xenitron wrote:
03 Sep 2017 21:56
Old loyal players do get something out of this... A healthy population. This isnt vanilla, BC was not a friendly new-player experience to begin with between the difficult heroics, and attunements. Something has to be done sooner rather than later or this servers population is only going to get worse, and it wont be long before attrition starts to hurt guild's ability to fill raids.
I agree. Life aint perfect. Changes will not be perfect. We might never ever get a perfect solution to our current problem.

We should start to tweak stuff as soon as we can, see how it goes then tweak it back if necessary. Its better to have tried, failed, review, try again than to do nothing.

Peeps need to understand that rather than criticise the staff for implementing some "bad" solutions.

Plinio

Population posible solution

#25 » Post by Plinio » 12 Sep 2017 21:28

Hi every one and thank u for the awesome server :)

I'v been playing on primal wow for a while now and i really like it . Tho i must say i have been struggling at lower lvls with profession and economy do to not fully functional AH (do to low popu) and that's where i think the main problem leis . I think that most players that try this great server stop right there . When things get a bit harder and slow, enjoyments falls, and before u know it, they r gone .

If we take that, ppl who try this server already have a 3.3.5 client , then we can say that any server with that client is direct comparison to this 1, meaning that new players will constantly chose in between . So i'm gonna try and compare things to other 3.3.5 default servers and try look at it objectively as i can . So lets break things down from enjoyment point of view coz after all we are all here to enjoy good old wow :)

Pros :

- Progressive + ( self explanatory, probably biggest reason why we are all here )
- Closer to vanila + ( will only be appreciated by older player base that know wow from old days, like my self )

Cons :

- Mount at 40 - ( makes things very slow, especialy profession farming )
- AH - ( with low popu, AH is very slow, making professions very hard to do . AH is the heart of economy )
- low lvl DF - ( sometimes take an hour to get into dungeon, especialy at lvl 30 )
- non low lvl BGs - ( same reason as above )

I wanna state 1 thing here and thats we already trowed a 1st rock to "blizzlike" thing with DF which we all know
didn't existed at TBC period in which server is currently with progression not to mention before it . So we went for convenience over "blizzlike" and i complitly agree with that, but i say lets go all the way . Make mount at lvl 20 .
lets lose that frustration of walking around up to lvl 40 and 1 more thing that many may not agree but may overcome low popu issue as much as posible in terms of economy and profession and that AH bot . Or atleast till server hits sertain mile stone, lets say 500, 600 ppl "always on" which will be enough imo to overcome AH problem . It could be just for low lvl purposes or w/e... It could be a topic of it self . We can't really change low lvl DF problem or non BGs directly, but lets try do things we can for ppl to have more fun and enjoyment and im sure it will poot a mark on numbers .

One more thing is if there is a posible way to know how often do we get acc created and 1st new chara on azeroth and at what point of the game ppl stop playing the most ?
there lies the answer...

I would encourage any one willing to make a new chara and go all the way up without any help from other charas on the acc or friends and see what im talking about...

My charas :

Had(70), Herk(29), Shiver(28), Wayward(19), Herc(22), Planet(14), Lesson(9), Cinema(6)

...and i look forward questing with u all :)

BR.

jetteroo

Re: Population posible solution

#26 » Post by jetteroo » 13 Sep 2017 06:44

hi Plinio - appreciate your concerns. Low pop issue has been highlighted by me (although not to such a detail) in a thread i started a month ago

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38330

I totally agree with you - we need to encourage leveling toons on the server. Thats the only way we can grow

Xenitron

#27 » Post by Xenitron » 13 Sep 2017 13:26

It's currently major concern, you can clearly see staff is trying to do something without changing server policies(blizzlike as much as possible) with new weekly events,so things are moving to better let's hope this will attract more people and return old back old ones

mweldinger

#28 » Post by mweldinger » 13 Sep 2017 19:12

Would a system like timewalking / ffxiv duty finder be possible?

Have a decent daily reward for queuing.

dgreenbe

#29 » Post by dgreenbe » 13 Sep 2017 19:45

Events have a chance of keeping people more active, but probably won't bring people back or bring new people. Nobody cares about a slow tiger mount on a server they don't play on.

Option is like jetteroo says, to encourage leveling, or other option is to speed/skip a lot of the leveling. We've gone over this elsewhere.

Mount idea seems ok IMO, I don't think it's super non-blizzlike to do it. Not a game changer and I personally don't think it's a big deal either way.

AH bot is the main thing here. IDK how it would work, but I have trouble imagining it working without destroying the economy. Yes, the economy can be rough due to low supply, but best solution is to farm yourself or make alts (hopefully via easier leveling situation).

Xenitron

#30 » Post by Xenitron » 13 Sep 2017 19:48

AH bot won't destroy economy it can only help stimulate it more