fight duration in pvp

Dunkelstein

Re: fight duration in pvp

#31 » Post by Dunkelstein » 04 Nov 2017 04:43

I don't think there is anyone left opposing this change, bring it to the staff table pls
papastrumff wrote:
23 Oct 2017 23:16
Aka Funkelstein

zackforester

#32 » Post by zackforester » 06 Nov 2017 01:12

It doesn't matter how much damage you do when it's impossible to kill a healer. Even more lopsided than vanilla was unless you were a warlock.

https://i.imgur.com/uii9tSL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iLM0cVe.jpg

Dunkelstein

#33 » Post by Dunkelstein » 06 Nov 2017 02:58

1)Ret Paladins, as a class without interrupts, heal reduce or purges, are not supposed to 1v1 roflstomp healers like you might be used to.

2)That doesn't have anything to do with the discussion
Aka Funkelstein

Numquam

#34 » Post by Numquam » 06 Nov 2017 05:01

After doing some arenas as disc/warr vs ret/rogue:

We do about the same healing done over the whole game (thanks, art of war) and while I'm oom in about a minute (fiend included) mr ret pala was at a beautiful full mana.

So kinda, yea. We need a mana cost reduction to casters or else we can't compete in PvP vs anything that doesn't die in a minute. AND 20% IS NOWHERE ENOUGH YOU MEMERS. If you count actively PvPing as a caster in more than one class in arena/BG "testing", then I say 40% is about the needed amount we need to reduce.

Maybe even exclude paladins from this benefit 8-)
My spells are so cold they freeze my screen and snare my ms :D

Bradonja

#35 » Post by Bradonja » 06 Nov 2017 06:06

25% would bring priests to more or less where they're supposed to be imo.

As said before, priest ooming fast is supposed to be his weakness, otherwise you'd be too strong.

You also forgot to mention you did 2-3 mass dispels every game just trying to prevent sap at the start and later to dispel bubble. That's 30% of your mana right there. You were also dotting and dispelling paladin's procs, so overall playing extremely aggressively.
And yes, ret pallies are OP. So are warriors. And yes, please fix deep thunder (procs way too much), don't even wanna imagine what it's gonna be like when it gets upgraded to stunherald...

In other matches where we played rdruid/ret vs. dpriest/hunter, I actually went oom faster than the opposing priest (Kinkynurse), innervate included. The games lasted 3+ mins and priest was far from oom at the end (and no, he didn't get to drink).

Dreadnought101

#36 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 06 Nov 2017 07:39

Im seeing OP classes thrown left and right, just accept it, nobody is going to balance PvP well
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

jetteroo

#37 » Post by jetteroo » 07 Nov 2017 07:33

Dreadnought101 wrote:
06 Nov 2017 07:39
Im seeing OP classes thrown left and right, just accept it, nobody is going to balance PvP well
He's right. its quite impossible to balance PVE and PVP together. Much like we can never balance the things in PVE, dps,tanks or heals..

Some abilities just dun scale so well with gear, etc etc etc

Even blizzard had problems balancing stuff over the last 12 years.

We are all looking at things snapshot wise. But with better gear, things will unbalance themselves again.

The only possible way is to have different sets of talents and abilities and gear in pvp vs pve...

but that is also quite unrealistic so...

natnat123
Former Staff

#38 » Post by natnat123 » 07 Nov 2017 07:45

jetteroo wrote:
07 Nov 2017 07:33
Dreadnought101 wrote:
06 Nov 2017 07:39
He's right. its quite impossible to balance PVE and PVP together. Much like we can never balance the things in PVE, dps,tanks or heals..

Some abilities just dun scale so well with gear, etc etc etc

Even blizzard had problems balancing stuff over the last 12 years.

We are all looking at things snapshot wise. But with better gear, things will unbalance themselves again.

The only possible way is to have different sets of talents and abilities and gear in pvp vs pve...

but that is also quite unrealistic so...
classes where never, still are not in legion and will never be balanced. its impossible without making all the classes pretty much the same and screw that. so i agree on that.

however, allthough it can never be fully balanced. some changes could be make to at least bring the balance closer together.

Dunkelstein

#39 » Post by Dunkelstein » 07 Nov 2017 09:59

Thanks for your redundant offtopic comments, they only bump this thread to give it more views.

Author of this topic is a GM and we have a good amount of detailed feedback here.
PvP changes have and will never affect you if you don't enter a BG or Arena.

Now if you need an outlet for your how nothing about your problems is ever going to change I'm sure your local bartender can help you.
Aka Funkelstein

papastrumff
Former Staff

#40 » Post by papastrumff » 15 Nov 2017 17:30

Locking and moving to accepted