Truewow to Primal Character Transfer

Skembic

Re: Truewow to Primal Character Transfer

#16 » Post by Skembic » 09 May 2017 16:48

Just give me lvl 60 so i can get gathering proffesions peles. XD Joke aside, why do u complicate this too much? Make same deal as you do for any other transfers and that's it. I don't see a point in transfering all stuff and whatnot. Different realm, different expansion, deal with it. I got shitload of stuff i would like to transfer, but tbh, people that want to transfer char TW > PW don't care about it anymore or 90% of them, cuz they don't play there and just want a char transfered for farming mats or quick start of some class.

Jiranthos
Admin

#17 » Post by Jiranthos » 09 May 2017 17:05

Thank you all for your insight and points. This discussion is proof why it cannot be 1:1. It will be predefined, like Nyeriah has already said, and we will just update the template to be more lenient.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Floss

#18 » Post by Floss » 09 May 2017 21:48

Only active TrueWow players and Staff should comment on this topic imo.
Jiranthos wrote:
09 May 2017 17:05
Thank you all for your insight and points. This discussion is proof why it cannot be 1:1. It will be predefined, like Nyeriah has already said, and we will just update the template to be more lenient.

This means that you're going with option A? You're undoing the bugged core update?
Last edited by Floss on 10 May 2017 00:12, edited 3 times in total.

Matsy

#19 » Post by Matsy » 09 May 2017 22:46

When you decide on a template please make it public to get opinions outside of the staff forum.
I for one wont even bother playing if certain things are not transferred (within reason)
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Jiranthos
Admin

#20 » Post by Jiranthos » 10 May 2017 00:15

Floss wrote:
09 May 2017 21:48
Only active TrueWow players and Staff should comment on this topic imo.
Jiranthos wrote:
09 May 2017 17:05

This means that you're going with option A? You're undoing the bugged core update?
I don't really have dealings with the core updates, and I don't truly know - if you are asking me. I know that this thread was about transfers and that we are going to go with some kind of predef. transfer model.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

cracklab2k

#21 » Post by cracklab2k » 10 May 2017 01:51

please make tw-pw transfers a high enough prio to make it in time for tbc kickoff :} love u longtime <3

keez
Donor

#22 » Post by keez » 10 May 2017 02:42

What a clown fiesta :D
Once again we can see that nobody gives a fuck about ppl that have chars older than this server.
I'm not really looking to play again but this is really messed up.
Free my boy CoCo

Ubal

#23 » Post by Ubal » 10 May 2017 03:25

gotta admit... I have a lot of fun leveling new char on Primal!
No need to transfer fat Baloo here...
http://www.twitch.tv/chlaachol You can see through Baloo's eyes

Ubal - Bear and Chicken
Obal - Kitty and Tree
Alobal - MM Hunter
Labu - Arcane (Yes I play this incredibly hard spec, stay away from it) Mage

loveable

#24 » Post by loveable » 10 May 2017 05:37

yes , pw players wont lose their char , tw player wont their char too
i said like 1000 times my view
1-hit wotlk in primal faster , rly there is nothing in tbc to w8 on 1 instance for long time
2-open stormhold as wotlk
3-transfer 1-1 all chars in it and close 2 other realm
4-to make it fair Disable higher items (i said many ways for this too) , disable first in realm achievs
5-open item's after 1 month of clearing 1 instance
6-u look for what ? its done :lol: :lol: :lol:

u know it is not realy good to have 3 realm and each one with low pop , 1 realm with all of tw player could be best choice
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Brennus

#25 » Post by Brennus » 10 May 2017 05:51

loveable wrote:hit wotlk in primal faster
Bad idea.
I'm quite sure you will be trolled for that. :roll:

MerelyASetback wrote:Now on the other hand, what can you offer the TW-players and not at the same time screw PW players over?
- A basic predefined character that the retail transfers get.
- Increased experience rates for 1 (or more) characters (1.5x - 2 x or something lowish)
- Maybe max out a profession skill (without recipes) if the player really put work and effort into it on the TW realm (95%+ of available recipes on the TW realm).
- Some vote points to be spent on Primal only.
- A vanity pet.
- A nice realm that tries to maintain all the qualities they are used to.
- Friendly people.

I'm totally against any compensation for TW players. In my opinion, a few things could be transferred, but no rewards should be simply given to people coming from TW. That is like thanking people for transferring over to Primal.
The few things that could be transferred over:
• Professions (so you don't have to level your fishing/cooking/whatever - capped at TBC levels);
• Rare profession recipes that you already consumed (said recipes should be obtainable on early TBC phases);
• Vanilla Reputations? (probably not a good idea)
• Non game breaking TBC Reputations (like Thrallmar / Honour Hold)??? (probably not a good idea either)
• Mounts / Vanity Pets (limited to early TBC phases, not from Vote Shop);

Also, several limitations should be created to avoid people abusing it.
An example of such limitation is scaling levels down:
• you are level 80 @TW / you get a level 60 @PW
• you are level 70 @TW / you get a level 52 @PW
• you are level 60 @TW / you get a level 45 @PW
• and so on.

Spoiler:
Everything I mentioned were just EXAMPLES, please, don't be mad at me ;)
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Flooded
Former Staff

#26 » Post by Flooded » 10 May 2017 07:07

We have something in the works, stay tuned.

x00er00

#27 » Post by x00er00 » 10 May 2017 07:51

While i thank all the ppls involved in making the transfers from Trw to Pw happening by creating those templates and everything you should realize ( @ staff) that a small percent of ppls will actually transfer ...
Imagine you work on something like Michelangelo's masterpiece ... and it takes you kind of like 13 years ... and after that someone comes along and says you can transfer it but erm you get a blank canvass..... Yea sure ... Not happening thank you very much.
I'd rather wait right there on Trw where is safe and secure the next 3 or maybe 4 years until such time PW clears Halion25hc and a perfect merge with said things intact happens....

Devowhipit

#28 » Post by Devowhipit » 10 May 2017 08:06

I'm glad this topic has lead to numerous replies. I figured that this wouldn't be something that would happen anytime soon but it puts the idea in your mind. I understand both ways I guess the fair way to do it is to lay down the rules. I would for instance allow primal wow characters to be transferred to true wow, I would make it known that if your transferring characters with gear or items or pets or anything related specifically to Lich king that those items or pets or what have you won't be useable until the wrath of the lich king. Also I would suggest creating another realm just for vanilla that stays vanilla I would get primal wow to lich king and move true wow (as much as some people might dislike it) to Cataclysm. We need more players on the truewow realm. That or offer something to get others on that realm because its a dying breed. Personally I think lich king is the best realm, others will disagree. Either way I think having the option would be beneficial I'm not begging in anyway for this to happen I just want to benefit this game and this server as much as I can. I give props to the GM's and creator and admin for doing an awesome job. If you guys need another GM hit me up :shock:

Brennus

#29 » Post by Brennus » 10 May 2017 09:22

x00er00 wrote:Imagine you work on something like Michelangelo's masterpiece ... and it takes you kind of like 13 years ... and after that someone comes along and says you can transfer it but erm you get a blank canvass.....

That is a poor comparison but here we go:
  1. If you can make a Michelangelo masterpiece once, then you might be able to do it twice ^_^
  2. Imagine you have every colour on earth available to you, but our fellow Primal players only have charcoal; would it be fair transferring your masterpiece in that case? If you were in their shoes i'm sure you would not like it...
  3. A Blank Canvas is a new beginning, no? Arguably, that could provide you a whole new world of possibilities. ;)
  4. If they opt for the Template method of transfers, then they will (most likely) keep our TW characters - you have nothing to lose if you give PW a try.

Devowhipit wrote:If you guys need another GM hit me up :shock:
I guess they are not currently looking for GMs, but you could try PMing Nyeriah (source).
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Jiranthos
Admin

#30 » Post by Jiranthos » 10 May 2017 10:30

Brennus wrote:
10 May 2017 09:22
Devowhipit wrote:If you guys need another GM hit me up :shock:
I guess they are not currently looking for GMs, but you could try PMing Nyeriah (source).
It would be better to PM me, I guess. I am now the Personnel Management Leader for TW and PW, to take some work off of Admin hands, especially Nyeriah's. So they can focus on administration work and get things moving faster.