Truewow to Primal Character Transfer

Gadoschi
Donor

Re: Truewow to Primal Character Transfer

#31 » Post by Gadoschi » 10 May 2017 10:46

Jiranthos wrote:
09 May 2017 17:05
Thank you all for your insight and points. This discussion is proof why it cannot be 1:1. It will be predefined, like Nyeriah has already said, and we will just update the template to be more lenient.
Okay. You just ruined my life right there.

Truewow is dead - stop the nostalgia and face the facts.

No bgs, no raids, no dungeons.

And now we can't even move to Primal.

All that's left is to say I can't even move to Stormhold and I can just go suicide right now.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

x00er00

#32 » Post by x00er00 » 10 May 2017 11:36

While i would agree with what you are saying Brennus , things have to be looked upon from truewow players too and while some of us would want to redo everything from scratch you could count them by using both your hands. 10 ppls max maybe not even that....

Gadoschi we would keep everything we have and merge once prw reaches halion25hc progression point...

Cocopuffs
Donor

#33 » Post by Cocopuffs » 10 May 2017 15:03

keez wrote:
10 May 2017 02:42
What a clown fiesta :D
Once again we can see that nobody gives a fuck about ppl that have chars older than this server.
I'm not really looking to play again but this is really messed up.
Free my boy CoCo
word :arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowu:

why don't you just scrap primalwow and force all those nerds to play on the realm they're eventually going to move over to (unless it dies before that, which is likely anyway) and force progression on them anyway? if these nerds want to do all tbc raids, and experience "progression" on a pseudo non wotlk realm which really is wotlk anyway since everything is on its own engine, let them do it. can't fly to northrend until you clear Kiljaeden, can't get 71 till you clear Kiljaeden, can't do jack diddly shit tbh without clearing ALL tbc content. and the good side of this is that when they reach wotlk they would have old 80's to help them gear and make old raids anyway because the premiss that states geared players don't do anything besides AFK'ing is the most ignorant trash i've heard here on this thread. but WHATEVER. yall do yall. i'm done here

skyx

#34 » Post by skyx » 10 May 2017 16:10

Aha this fool constantly calls other people nerds when he farmed 10.5k achievement points. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. ^_^

Jiranthos
Admin

#35 » Post by Jiranthos » 10 May 2017 16:48

Gadoschi wrote:
10 May 2017 10:46
Jiranthos wrote:
09 May 2017 17:05
Thank you all for your insight and points. This discussion is proof why it cannot be 1:1. It will be predefined, like Nyeriah has already said, and we will just update the template to be more lenient.
Okay. You just ruined my life right there.

Truewow is dead - stop the nostalgia and face the facts.

No bgs, no raids, no dungeons.

And now we can't even move to Primal.

All that's left is to say I can't even move to Stormhold and I can just go suicide right now.
Your characters will not disappear. They will be there when the merge happens or be available in some different way, surely. No reason to end your life. Either play TW or play TW up until that time. Or take a break until then. I don't know, but your characters are not being deleted or unusable.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#36 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 May 2017 18:51

We'll probably be able to offer better transfer proposals from TrueWoW to Stormhold when it's released than to Primal. We don't wish to change the route of progression we have planned for PrimalWoW.

Floss

#37 » Post by Floss » 10 May 2017 19:49

Nyeriah wrote:
10 May 2017 18:51
We'll probably be able to offer better transfer proposals from TrueWoW to Stormhold when it's released than to Primal. We don't wish to change the route of progression we have planned for PrimalWoW.

I have one request , Could you give us more info about Stormhold ? and can you elaborate with a schedule ?

The whole "Fiesta" as Keez describes it ,was wront to begin with .

I bet that the Op didn't plan to for things to get to this and i apologize for contributing in the mess .

I simply connected the whole transfer thing to the latest Core update which i'm still totally against but this isn't the place for it.

You have to understand , we're all on the same "side" here and we just want to have a pleasant time playing the server, and if i can also help on my part , i'll gladly do so . just tell me how...
Last edited by Floss on 10 May 2017 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

x00er00

#38 » Post by x00er00 » 10 May 2017 19:57

Floss wrote:
10 May 2017 19:49
x00er00 wrote: I'd rather wait right there on Trw where is safe and secure the next 3 or maybe 4 years until such time PW clears Halion25hc and a perfect merge with said things intact happens....
You see that's the problem , what makes you(TrueWowers) think that in 2-4 years when you transfer to PW , you will keep your gear and Ach pt's and what not ?

GMs clearly stated that Primal players will reject any kind of 1:1 transfer (even if it happens in the future after they all got BiS gear).Primal players will say :" Hey , they come with Full Ach points and Hks and screw our ladders ,No ty !"

And guess what ? they are the majority , so they will always win at "this".

But ,The decision is to be made by the GMs and i really hope they come up with a fair solution , afterall both Realms share the same Database . We are only 20 -30 players willing to move to PW ? (at best)? idk how much damage we can achieve..
Then i would sit right there on Truewow no matter what activity is going on ... if any ( could farm the insane on all my alts ) ... that should cover a 2 year long time span :)
But yes i will 100% want to keep everything and let me say again everything i have intact :) 13 years in making is no joke ....
Side note i never intended to transfer anything to primal wow since i guessed from the start that 1:1 transfer is out of the table....
@Nyeriah as far as Stomrhold transfers are concerned the remaining population of Truewow should have a home because those ppls invested their time and won everything they have according to your rules so nothing less then 1:1 would be fair for them....

Floss

#39 » Post by Floss » 10 May 2017 20:15

x00er00 , i edited that post after a min , but eh ... :)

Ancestor

#40 » Post by Ancestor » 11 May 2017 04:24

Agree with x00er00...atm its 11 years to trash

Devowhipit

#41 » Post by Devowhipit » 11 May 2017 08:05

If you guys are merging Primal Wow and True wow when Primal goes WOTLK then I guess all is okay as long as the population is kept. More than likely no but that's okay. Personally I would keep Primal at TBC and just modify it a bit. Though it is a progressive realm. In that case something needs to be done with the other realm. I don't know what you guys have planned but I know that True wow is dying and primal is flourishing. Still with that being said and to reiterate what I mentioned previously I feel that moving the game up to cataclysm would be beneficial if that's even possible. I am not a fan of Cataclysm but I think if a poll was taken or something to that affect it could increase popularity which is ultimately what you should be striving for. If the poll tanks than so does the idea.

Wilcox

#42 » Post by Wilcox » 12 May 2017 14:19

aside from all the salt and aggression here, i have a genuine question that I wish to have answered by staff

okay, to begin with, I did not read the entire thread, it's way too painful for my eyes and I've been having trouble with breathing after finding out that our characters will not be transferred but instead we're going to have predefined characters.

cool.

im guessing this is a temporary solution? when we hit wrath (preferably last patch of it aswell), will you guys give us our original truewow characters back then? will our characters be sealed away to wait for the right time for a better transfer? or are you going to just scrap them all as if we never spent time on them?

Jiranthos
Admin

#43 » Post by Jiranthos » 12 May 2017 14:35

Wilcox wrote:
12 May 2017 14:19
aside from all the salt and aggression here, i have a genuine question that I wish to have answered by staff

okay, to begin with, I did not read the entire thread, it's way too painful for my eyes and I've been having trouble with breathing after finding out that our characters will not be transferred but instead we're going to have predefined characters.

cool.

im guessing this is a temporary solution? when we hit wrath (preferably last patch of it aswell), will you guys give us our original truewow characters back then? will our characters be sealed away to wait for the right time for a better transfer? or are you going to just scrap them all as if we never spent time on them?
They'll never be lost. Unless something horrible happens to TW database and all of its backups. It's just that they are not well-suited for a 1:1 to Primal. But they will certainly be waiting for you after the merge when Primal hits end-content, or some other project drops or something happens. Basically, we do not ever plan on just "woops, gone"ing them, I can assure you. I myself would be very dissatisfied with that.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#44 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 May 2017 14:37

TrueWoW and PrimalWoW will still merge when both realms are paired in progression.

There will be no 1:1 transfers to PrimalWoW from TrueWoW.
There will be 1:1 transfers FROM PrimalWoW to TrueWoW.

Transfer terms from PrimalWoW to Stormhold are up to discussion. If you're thinking over retaining progress from TrueWoW on a different realm in the short future then Stormhold is what you are looking for, not PrimalWoW. Are we clear?

Cocopuffs
Donor

#45 » Post by Cocopuffs » 12 May 2017 16:32

skyx wrote:
10 May 2017 16:10
Aha this fool constantly calls other people nerds when he farmed 10.5k achievement points. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. ^_^
good to know even in the garbage can my posts echo. :lol: