Truewow to Primal Character Transfer

Matsy

Re: Truewow to Primal Character Transfer

#46 » Post by Matsy » 12 May 2017 19:32

Nyeriah wrote:
12 May 2017 14:37
TrueWoW and PrimalWoW will still merge when both realms are paired in progression.

There will be no 1:1 transfers to PrimalWoW from TrueWoW.
There will be 1:1 transfers FROM PrimalWoW to TrueWoW.

Transfer terms from PrimalWoW to Stormhold are up to discussion. If you're thinking over retaining progress from TrueWoW on a different realm in the short future then Stormhold is what you are looking for, not PrimalWoW. Are we clear?
Does that mean truewow to stormhold will be 1:1 or?
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Nyeriah

#47 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 May 2017 20:10

Matsy wrote:
12 May 2017 19:32
Nyeriah wrote:
12 May 2017 14:37
TrueWoW and PrimalWoW will still merge when both realms are paired in progression.

There will be no 1:1 transfers to PrimalWoW from TrueWoW.
There will be 1:1 transfers FROM PrimalWoW to TrueWoW.

Transfer terms from PrimalWoW to Stormhold are up to discussion. If you're thinking over retaining progress from TrueWoW on a different realm in the short future then Stormhold is what you are looking for, not PrimalWoW. Are we clear?
Does that mean truewow to stormhold will be 1:1 or?
No. That would defeat the purpose of a "progressive" server don't you think? If you fill a fresh server with bis characters what difference does it make from what you have right now?

But pets, mounts, achievements... that can be vastly discussed.

Matsy

#48 » Post by Matsy » 12 May 2017 20:12

Then don't say "retaining progress from TrueWoW", say partial progress.
I take what you said as keeping all progress.

And yes it would defeat the purpose I guess, everything apart from gear, certain items like crafting materials and gold, I would say has to be transferred 1:1
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Nyeriah

#49 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 May 2017 20:20

I will ensure it's more obvious next time, thanks.

x00er00

#50 » Post by x00er00 » 12 May 2017 22:36

It is to be expected that in the beginning IT wont ne 1:1 but ppls like me will not find themselves there playing unless they would ne able to benefit from 1:1 transfers once the progression is matched in both realms....

Until such tine ill ne testing pe playing in truewow.

cracklab2k

#51 » Post by cracklab2k » 13 May 2017 07:09

soooooo any progress in the tw-pw decition making? cus we're literally all waiting for the memo to know if we can play or not.. slowly dying inside watching tbc date creep up whilst not a single tw player will be able to keep up vs pw ones ^^ (and no i do not want to lvl 60 lvls before next month, and then grind gp for shit just cus i can, if every single other server can transfer to skip :( )

Eronox
MVP

#52 » Post by Eronox » 14 May 2017 17:20

Cleared off-topic and excessive foul language posts, please refrain from doing so.
Noll tolerance inc

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gadoschi
Donor

#53 » Post by Gadoschi » 27 May 2017 12:27

So, from what I can understand, what the devs, gms and other staff are telling us is, the earliest we can expect to move our characters to Stormhold via 1:1 transfer is not only when Stormhold is released, but when it reaches ICC stage and when half of the server has legendaries and full ICC25HC gear, so nothing disrupting progression balance would happen (God forbid).
Problem is, by the time that happens, Stormhold might already be a not so attractive destination anymore (in terms of both progression and population). And, even if it's still decently populated by that time, we will have still missed out on all the fun parts of Stormhold's progression. Nobody is forcing you to hang on to your TrueWoW's characters - just make new characters and progress on Stormhold, you say? Let's see you leave your 9 year old developed characters in the dust.

Also, you keep pointing out how we can simply continue playing on TW realm until merges happen - have you tried playing on the WotLK realm after the last "core update"? There is so much stuff broken right now, there isn't a single raid without a major bug of some sort, I don't see any important fixes being done, and the average number of players is 20-50. You know what you can do with 50 players total online (half of which are probably only hanging around to see what will happen with their characters once Stormhold is released, waiting in ambush for the first opporunity to move their characters where there is proper action taking place)? Sit in Dalaran and cry. Players actually trying and making something out of that sad situation deserve a medal in my opinion.
For that reason alone, I don't consider giving TW realm players a chance to migrate to active realms a reward, but I do see being forced to play on a dead realm as a TrueWoW veteran and long-time contributor is punishment in itself.
But, even if you did reward TW players for their loyalty over the years - would that be so bad?

You say you aren't giving up on TrueWoW realm, but your actions prove otherwise - first you will provide templates for players who want to play on PrimalWoW, then you are talking about Stormhold transfers - there is not a single word in all those plans about the future of the TrueWoW realm, apart of the already cliched statement "Primal and TrueWoW will merge once Primal reaches TrueWoW's progression" - what about until then? Because that will take years, even more so if the interest in the TBC and Ulduar parts of Primal's progression remains for longer than originally planned.

Or, will I need to wait until I'm 65 to finally "live" to see the TrueWoW realm being at least half decent to play on again?

Please don't take it as an outburst because it's not. I am fighting for the future of the original TrueWoW realm that has built the solid reputation TW has had in private server community over all these years - the TrueWoW realm - and the future of the characters I'd been building for the past 9 years of my life.

And don't get me wrong - this does not mean I might not play on Primal myself or that I dislike Primal as a project. However, if I do play, it will not be because of its progression, but due to the fact that it gives me a unique experience of playing TBC content, which is my favourite, on 3.3.5 patch, with all the bells and whistles it brings to the table.

As for Stormhold, I utterly dislike the idea of opening another WotLK realm when the one we already have is in current state. I mean, usually you open a new realm with the same expansion and patch if the population exceeds the optimal ammounts on the first realm. And, given the state WotLK is in on TrueWoW atm, this looks like it might take a complete re-script of nearly half of all encounters and quests. We could have just started over fresh on the already existing realm, and script/release content piece by piece as it's being put together correctly in order to test it and give back the progression aspect (probably population as well) to the TrueWoW realm at the same time.

If you disagree with what was presented here, please - go ahead, I'm here and eager to hear what you have to say.
If you plan to abandon the TrueWoW realm completely (please, do not say that merging it in a few years time is an effort in the realm, because it's not), just tell us "you guys are screwed, go play on other realms and start over". It's still better than dragging us along with potential 1:1 here and there, which looks like is not going to happen to either of the other realms (or at least not while it matters).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note - can you please give us the information about the template options that will be available for TrueWoW realm players - what level, what gear, pets, mounts, proffessions, quests, reputations, etc.?
I want to know whether it's worth waiting or if I should just go level up new characters on Primal right now.
I don't want to have to wait until 5 days before TBC release, only to learn the option will be bad and not worth it, and to learn I have missed by chance to prepare new characters for TBC content release on my own.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Brennus

#54 » Post by Brennus » 28 May 2017 04:35

Gadoschi wrote:
27 May 2017 12:27
On a side note - can you please give us the information about the template options that will be available for TrueWoW realm players - what level, what gear, pets, mounts, proffessions, quests, reputations, etc.?
This.

Gadoschi wrote:
27 May 2017 12:27
I want to know whether it's worth waiting or if I should just go level up new characters on Primal right now.
I don't want to have to wait until 5 days before TBC release, only to learn the option will be bad and not worth it, and to learn I have missed by chance to prepare new characters for TBC content release on my own.
Excellent question.
Now that I'm thinking about this situation, I'm eager to know those answers as well.

I had an idea, once, that would solve this problem for me. However, I'm completely sure most TW players (I don't know, perhaps 80% +) would flame my idea as it is very extreme.

Spoiler:
Instead of making TW live in a "sick" state, shouldn't you guys just pull the plug and end our agony?

So, pull the plug on TW (???), and give everyone something that will make us unique on PW - no need to bash me, I don't want an 80 DK to faceroll against level 70 people.

My idea is: transfer us over (templated or whatever), and give our characters something that no one else will ever get / has already.
• Non-combat pet would be too little/not worth it.
• A mount or a title would be okay, in my opinion - but might not be a good idea either
• Gear would unbalance things and ruin the fun of everyone.
• Achievements would ruin the ladder I guess.
• Rare Transmog is not a good idea at all, since not everyone likes it.

The "reward" could be based on total Achievements, played time, or something else that demanded our efforts...

Yes, I know that, not long ago, I was totally against recompensating people just for playing TW.

And, yes, I was drunk when I had this idea... Actually I don't really think you guys should approve that as it currently stands, but, instead, discuss, argue and brainstorm, to improve the idea.

Think of it as a prototype car: It needs work!!!
If the company releases it today, many people will get themselves killed, or not buy it altogether - if they elaborate the concept though, it might become something enjoyable.

And remember, just make such thing optional, because enforcing things is a recipe for disaster (and when I said "pull the plug" I did not mean "shut it down" - as it would be enforcing anyway).
:(
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

dj33mi

#55 » Post by dj33mi » 28 May 2017 11:01

Why would you care about your old truewow character 'stuff' to be transfered? would u prefer to keep them on truewow and do almost nothing every day or just get a template character on primalwow and play the game?
Or just lvl up a new character on primalwow and keep admiring your old truewow characters armory links on site.

I feel bad aswell for truewow, i wish i could get back my old friends but many years have passed and i kinda lost all hope.

Primalwow gives a really good alternative and u can keep playing with your current friends, even experience new stuff u might not have in the past.

Hopefully some old GC/Truewow people migth return now with the TBC out.

Cheers
Truewow: - retired in 2013
Rapp - lvl 80 resto / feral tauren druid
Addhelyna - lvl 80 demo / affli human warlock
Vajo - lvl 80 resto pve / resto pvp orc shaman
Unnenorocit - lvl 80 mm pve / mm pvp troll hunter
Rappy - lvl 80 resto / feral night elf druid
Abramburica - lvl 80 fire / arcane blood elf mage
Fistina - lvl 80 prot / fury orc warrior
Cristinel - lvl 80 frost / blood blood elf death knight
Cumicu - lvl 80 holy / prot human paladin
Raysa - lvl 80 shadow / disc draenei priest

Primalwow: - active
Cursecobain - lvl 70 affli / demo undead warlock
Rainia - lvl 70 resto / enha orc shaman
Rapp - lvl 70 mm pve / mm pvp tauren hunter
Rappy - lvl 70 feral / resto tauren druid
Fistina - lvl 70 combat / subt night elf rogue
Cherrybomb - lvl 70 prot orc warrior

Wilcox

#56 » Post by Wilcox » 28 May 2017 12:12

could you at least transfer our cosmetic stuff such as,

-feats of strengths (these will not ruin the ladder as they grant no points)
-vote shop mounts, pets, tabards, joke items etc. personally i spent a fortune on these, i have every single tabard and nearly every pet and most of the fun items from the vote shop. kinda don't want to put them on a 2 year cooldown you know

@the guy above. most of these people have customized their characters for 3-5 years. that is why everyone cares about what makes their characters feel like they actually belong to them

dj33mi

#57 » Post by dj33mi » 28 May 2017 12:28

you think i didnt? i played some chars from 2005. i raged at start when GC had to merge with TW and when TW started to decline but i realised its time to move on. there was no motivation to keep playing witout ppl u know and played for years and with less and less ppl online.

Primalwow has a nice community and a nice concept. just try to make a character and see, what harm can it make to u?
Truewow: - retired in 2013
Rapp - lvl 80 resto / feral tauren druid
Addhelyna - lvl 80 demo / affli human warlock
Vajo - lvl 80 resto pve / resto pvp orc shaman
Unnenorocit - lvl 80 mm pve / mm pvp troll hunter
Rappy - lvl 80 resto / feral night elf druid
Abramburica - lvl 80 fire / arcane blood elf mage
Fistina - lvl 80 prot / fury orc warrior
Cristinel - lvl 80 frost / blood blood elf death knight
Cumicu - lvl 80 holy / prot human paladin
Raysa - lvl 80 shadow / disc draenei priest

Primalwow: - active
Cursecobain - lvl 70 affli / demo undead warlock
Rainia - lvl 70 resto / enha orc shaman
Rapp - lvl 70 mm pve / mm pvp tauren hunter
Rappy - lvl 70 feral / resto tauren druid
Fistina - lvl 70 combat / subt night elf rogue
Cherrybomb - lvl 70 prot orc warrior

Eronox
MVP

#58 » Post by Eronox » 28 May 2017 12:47

TW -> PW = Pre-Defined (Templated Character)
PW -> TW = 1:1 (Full Character)

This has been said earlier in the thread as well,
see truewow.org/transfer for details about the difference

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#59 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 May 2017 15:52

I think we are extending ourselves too far unnecessarily. Chances are we'll have this really soon, before TBC is live. So I'll be locking this thread for now, I'll open it once the new templates are live probably.

Eronox
MVP

#60 » Post by Eronox » 01 Sep 2017 00:13

It's now live
http://truewow.org/compensation

all thanks to nyeriah, the prettiest girl around. :)

- J.R Cash