cross faction in tbc and some issues

flosr1
Donor

cross faction in tbc and some issues

#1 » Post by flosr1 » 12 Apr 2017 16:47

i heard that cross faction will probably stay, which makes sense if the server population will stay on this level.
anyway, this thread is not about keeping it or not, but some issues related to it, if it should stay...

friendslist: if there is a way to add players of the other faction to your friendslist, plz implement it. it is annoying to use the ingame social interface 50 times a day, to check if your friends from other guilds are online or not. some people want to stay in contact with people outside of their guild.

talent tree of other faction: atm, it is not possible to see the talents ingame if players are from the other faction. this is extremly annoying in all kinds of situations, but most of all for raidleaders if you have to swap out to truewow armory all the time to check if some1 has improved blessings, totems or other stuff.
also, there seems to be another bug. it sometimes happens, when i inspect some1's talents, that i suddenly swap to another players talents in the raid/party without targeting him/her.

Gnurg

Re: cross faction in tbc and some issues

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Apr 2017 17:02

With the revamp you should be able to add both sides to friends as long as the player has the RBAC_PERM_TWO_SIDE_ADD_FRIEND permission. See SocialHandler.cpp.

No idea if there is anything like that for the current branch, but there's no point it in implementing it on the current branch, as the revamp should be out by the TBC release.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Apr 2017 17:41

For the talents, I think changing the config value for TalentsInspecting would allow crossfaction talent inspects. Goes for the current branch and the revamp branch.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Apr 2017 23:09

Gnurg wrote:
12 Apr 2017 17:41
For the talents, I think changing the config value for TalentsInspecting would allow crossfaction talent inspects. Goes for the current branch and the revamp branch.

Yes, setting TalentsInspecting = 2 in the config-file would make it possible to inspect the other faction's players. Whoever has access to edit the config-file should do so. :-)

Also, made it possible to have opposite faction in friend list, given guilds are cross-faction. On next update.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE