[Accepted] Enchanting Vellum's (Again)

masteve

[Accepted] Enchanting Vellum's (Again)

#1 » Post by masteve » 23 Mar 2017 18:32

I know this has been brought up in the past but with TBC just around the corner I feel it’s a suggestion that could discussed again.

I would love to see Enchanting Vellum's put on a enchanting vendor up until the patch for WOTLK where they would be deleted from players inventory’s and removed from the vendor.

You have to remember that we play on a server that makes many aspect of playing vanilla and tbc easier due to Quality of life improvements like RDF dual spec etc. etc.

I believe Enchanting Vellum's are one of the quality of life mechanics we can use to make our life’s much easier. We must remember the ability to buy enchants from the AH is a mechanic blizzard put in that was long requested from the community, it just so happens that they did it through the Inscription profession. We also have access to this fantastic mechanic but do not utilize it like we do other QOL improvements from this patch.

I believe putting vellum's on a vendor will only boost peoples enjoyment of the server !

TLDR:

Let us buy Enchanting Vellum's because it a QOL mechanic enabled by this patch version.

Lok
Last edited by masteve on 24 Mar 2017 23:49, edited 3 times in total.

Nyeriah

Re: Enchanting Vellum's (Again)

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Mar 2017 18:46

I've thought of this before, and I still think it's a fairly good compromise
Flooded wrote:...
Opinions?

Primalrage

#3 » Post by Primalrage » 23 Mar 2017 22:07

+1

There's nothing else to add.

oooooooooolde
Donor

#4 » Post by oooooooooolde » 23 Mar 2017 22:17

-1 I enjoy the social aspect of having enchanters around and I dislike the reduced emphasis on player-reputation that Vellum's bring, so prefer to keep it as is for as long as possible :)

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Mar 2017 22:30

You lose the social aspect of having to hunt down enchanters but you gain more economical value to the profession as they can put enchants at AH and overall make it way more reachable by everyone with half the hassle.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Mar 2017 05:15

Please voice your opinion about this whether you are in favor of it or not. This is something we're inclined towards implementing.

Santah

#7 » Post by Santah » 24 Mar 2017 08:25

+1
Shaking my SMH

MerelyASetback
Donor

#8 » Post by MerelyASetback » 24 Mar 2017 09:10

Just make them expensive enough (maybe trade in enchanting mats through quests?; similar to tbc mat exchange at Skeram) and remove the unenchanted vellums as soon as inscription is released.

There's no real reason not to.

(On a side-note, all/some rare tbc enchanting formulas are a guaranteed drop now on the live Primal realm, this shouldn't be 100% 'till our content patch gets to 3.1.0. But I doubt you're unaware of this.)

flosr1
Donor

#9 » Post by flosr1 » 24 Mar 2017 09:17

+1

yes it is true that you can look for an enchanter via /g, /world, /trade and you will usually find someone.
most people also give you a tip, but it is not a common practice here like on other servers where people give you a 3 digit amount as a tip depending on the recipe.

in my opinion, other crafters can make much more money with their products on the auction house. this has many different reasons. one of them is as simple as stupid. when people want stuff, most of them want it right now, so they will look on the auction before flying to winterspring and farm it or to wait for a crafter to log on who they can ask. enchanters have a clear disadvantage compared to other crafters here.

yes it is true we did not have it in vanilla or tbc.
yes we also have many other changes here that are not blizzlike.
no it will not make anything overpowered, it will just give enchanters a fair chance to sell their goods better and it will give them the opportunity to send enchants to their alts on the same account or put enchants into the guild bank.

kronic

#10 » Post by kronic » 24 Mar 2017 11:52

As an enchanter this is rather conflicting. After much consideration. +1

lrctgl
Donor

#11 » Post by lrctgl » 24 Mar 2017 12:23

i see no bad sides to this +1 from me

oooooooooolde
Donor

#12 » Post by oooooooooolde » 24 Mar 2017 12:39

It reduces player interaction which ultimately results in retail single player wow.

Wow didnt go to shit in a day. Its all the little things which are all too easy to say yes to because they wont make too big a difference to the overall state of the game.

Hope a big majority vote for this to be accepted. Its easy to not think about the small consequenses and write it off as qol improvement

Remix
Donor

#13 » Post by Remix » 24 Mar 2017 15:11

+1

jgun17

#14 » Post by jgun17 » 24 Mar 2017 15:46

+1

This would be a nice feature, it would make enchanting less of a $ sink.
Subtlety

samoman21

#15 » Post by samoman21 » 24 Mar 2017 15:54

Having never played tbc or wotlk I have no idea what vellums is. However if I understand it correct it allows exchangers to put a 1-time enchant on a piece of paper or whatever and then trade/sell/mail/donate to guild bank. I think this is a great idea. Enchanters are kinda screwed in a make money department, sure they can sell mats on ah, but most guilds(especially primal essence) already have a ton of those mats saved. Introducing vellum now will also help those of us who only use 1 account and have 3-4 alts on that account enchant our gear.

Pros:
- allow enchanters to make money again
- allow alts on same account enchant gear without having to find another engineer
- will allow new players access to easy enchants early on through guild donation

Cons:
- not blizzlike(personally hate this argument but feel I have to include it as it is big for most)
- makes getting enchants to eart as you can simply buy on ah instead of farm mats
- may cause withdrawal issues once tbc hits

Personally I think the pros outweigh the cons, but I can see how people aren't a fan of the idea. Still I do hope it passes and enchanters can start to actually make some gold again (because trust me. The primal essence market is dead)
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None