[Accepted] Opening 1:1 Transfers

skyx

Re: Opening 1:1 Transfers

#16 » Post by skyx » 22 Mar 2017 20:19

Agame wrote:
22 Mar 2017 04:49

TW is a blizzlike server. To come and play here instead of a fun server means you do like to level up. To slowly grow from running from wolves untill all world becomes your playground. Sorry, we need all our server mates, but if leveling for you is a boring grindey shit, why do you play here anyway?
I don't really anymore. I was a transfer from Omegawow.

TW is no longer a blizzlike server. Cross faction is more unblizzlike than only raising exp rates.

smartos

#17 » Post by smartos » 23 Mar 2017 02:11

Eronox wrote:
21 Mar 2017 18:44
Eronox wrote:
21 Mar 2017 18:37
Additionally, think we should modify the requirements for these three only because else players might go there and use their extreme benefit to later on transfer here, avoiding our bizlik srv experience and go straight for the 80.
Maybe, with this, we should reEnable character-deletion on origin realm too
+1 only if the UNIQUE players` chars on those realms are deleted. If not -1 to this whole fun/pay2win crap not to mention the most abusable transfer.
I agree if there are people who wish to join our server they should be welcomed, but not like that. If you think server is so desperate for population to change the transfer rules you can give them some special RaF option till 70 for example or a fresh lvl 80 maximum... Think of all the rhcs/tocs maybe uldus that they would do who knows, but let them show that hey have a genuine interest in the server.
Retired and deleted characters.

Zerosolitude - Frost/Unholy DK
Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Sweetstrike - Fury/Arms Warr
Erectionmage - Arcane/Fire Mage
Zeroshadows - Shadow Priest
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeroclaws - Kitty/Bear/Boomy
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue
Zerocurses - Demo/Affliction Warlock
Zerototems - Ele/Enha Shamy

GuidoSalducci

#18 » Post by GuidoSalducci » 23 Mar 2017 02:22

I agree with crouton

Nyeriah

#19 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Mar 2017 06:22

What's the deal? 1:1 transfers for TrueWoW were always there, I don't get where this complaint comes from... From people getting "instant" leveled characters? They could always get them from retail... where... by the way, you can also buy levels (in fact you get a max level character for free). The "skip blizzlike leveling" factor was always there... I'd dare say the entire point of transfers is to bypass the leveling aspect of the game, so yeah...

If you are worried about donated items, we can still remove them as we used to. So for TrueWoW, this mostly doesn't matter.

blagovest_tonev

#20 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 23 Mar 2017 06:30

Agame wrote:TW is a blizzlike server. To come and play here instead of a fun server means you do like to level up. To slowly grow from running from wolves untill all world becomes your playground. Sorry, we need all our server mates, but if leveling for you is a boring grindey shit, why do you play here anyway?

Gadoschi
Donor

#21 » Post by Gadoschi » 23 Mar 2017 10:52

I don't know how transfer works from servers where you can donate to obtain gear, but I would allow 1:1 transfer even from those servers but only if there is a way to log into that account and easily check for donated items and removing donated gear upon transfer to TW.
I don't see what the problem with this would be.
It is surely much better than giving a template character with blank slate in terms of achievements. Many people work hard for their achievements on servers which have donate2gear options as well.

As for skipping levelling up, well, I'm not really sure how I feel about this - perhaps raising the 1:1 xp rate a bit (to, say, x5 max).
Personally, I don't mind ppl joining TW and enriching the community even if they didn't level the same way as people originating from TW. But you might not share my opinion.

Regardless, as stated above, the donate2gear option can, on most cases, be mended upon transferring, because almost all servers have some sort of donation history accessible on their sites after logging in to learn exactly what was purchased and, by extension, what was earned in-game.
It does require a bit more work of the TW staff handling the transfers, but it might be worth enough for some decent players and people to consider joining TW, after previously not having that option (apart from the template character option).
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

blagovest_tonev

#22 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 23 Mar 2017 11:10

Nothing wrong with the transfers from those servers, as long as the donated stuff is removed upon completion of the transfer. We rather get new players from such servers than no players at all.

arnis5
Banned

#23 » Post by arnis5 » 23 Mar 2017 15:11

Here is my point of view on this. Since on Warmane LK25HC is droping Shadowmourn, I gues players which have recent lvl 80 achs + Shadowmourn should have it removed. Same goes for Ulduar legendary recent lvl 80 + Uldu wep = wep gets removed. About other gear. People who have a gear for which they dont have achievments. Their gear gets downgraded to normal versions of that item, or replaced with some other trinket/weapon. Same works with GD we could check lvl 80 ach and compare it with gear they have together with raid achievements they got. I think thats fair enough. And anyway we should give people reason to play here so I think this would be best option.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

ComradeBork

#24 » Post by ComradeBork » 23 Mar 2017 15:30

Legit, if you do this, you might as well just make TrueWoW P2W. There would be no reason to play this server anymore.

This is pretty much (I honestly couldn't find another, but I'm assuming this isn't the only one) the only server left pursing an actual Blizzlike experience. All the others seem to think AAA games usually have the ability to set your own XP rates, and insta 60-70. I want good game design, blizzlike usually achieves that. Not P2W garbage.

Off topic:
skyx wrote:
22 Mar 2017 20:19
TW is no longer a blizzlike server. Cross faction is more unblizzlike than only raising exp rates.
I agree, but it's useful for now and can easily be reversed when it's no longer needed.
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

ComradeBork

#25 » Post by ComradeBork » 23 Mar 2017 17:47

After speaking to Roel I'd be okay with this idea (I still wouldn't like it), if all gear (excluding heirlooms, because we can also get them here) received as donation rewards were stripped. Is that what's being suggested?
Comrades Unite (TW/Horde)
Friendly leveling guild, focusing on world PVP and instances. PM for an invite.

Horde
ComradeLock (33A) Taraesque (32A)

Alliance
ComradeTara (21A)

Nyeriah

#26 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Mar 2017 00:43

Okay, so it appears we'll be accepting 1:1 transfers from those servers again soon. There are some technical issues with our transfer page so transfers are not being processed currently, they'll be back up soon enough.

I'll be closing this thread now. If anyone has any questions, open a thread at General Support.

Reiterating, any possibly donated gear will be removed from those characters...

Eronox
MVP

Re: [Accepted] Opening 1:1 Transfers

#27 » Post by Eronox » 25 Mar 2017 16:54

Please note:
This is to TRUEWOW realm, not PrimalWoW.
PrimalWoW follows the same criterias as before regarding these servers!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash